Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ultimate DBZ Guild

Back to Guilds

Dragonball at its best 

Tags: Dragon, Ball, Ultimate, Empressdee, Guild 

Reply Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.
Trunks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:33 pm

WiseDante1

Who thinks trunks is awesome?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Trunks is an okay character, but most people will tell you that in the GT series, the creator of the show really made Trunks lame!

Personally, I think the creators did exactly what they should have done and gave something fans would not expect considering who Trunks's parents were.

Trunks, if he turned out like expected, then Trunks would be one nasty piece of work. Having all the rage of his father Prince Vegeta, and being intelligent to boot thanks to his mother Bulma. The ultimate villain!

But, the creators thought, "we have enough of those types of villains. We need this kid to turn out to be someone just the opposite of what is expected. It would give Vegeta a possible reason to give in to some of Kakkorot's peaceful nature just to try and understand why Trunks was such a disappointment while at the same time, Vegeta would be even angrier than ever because it would seem that Vegeta is the ultimate failure for a royal."

What they didn't account for is what the fans wanted. I wanted to see more brilliance come out of Trunks, stuff that would be so radically smart, that it would be he that finds Vegeta a new homeworld and he creating some sort of brilliant bio-technology potion in order to simulate the saiyan race so that Vegeta's beloved race would thrive once again. A second chance if you will.

But, what did I get? I got someone who was smart, sure, tough, oh yeah, but this guy was such a coward he gave Hercule a run for who was wimpier.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

kcbeach28

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 am
He wasn't a coward if you think about it goten was more afriad of stuff then trunks i do agree they should of done more in gt with him but a coward no.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm
Maybe "coward" is too strong of a word, but he certainly worried too much.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

kcbeach28

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:05 pm
Yea But a long time with peace for so long after majin buu will do that he became calm and comfortable  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:20 pm
i not only think he is awesome but i also think he is hot 3nodding
well at least in the android through cell games sagas but after that eeeh nt so much stare  

le norm

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am
in gt, no one, until vegeta went ss4 was really that useful fighting the main gys: baby, super 17 (wtf...like 7 episodes...wtf), and just about all shenrons...it was dumb  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:05 am
Okay, for the last bit, the 7 episodes... it was really to show the ending of the whole series.

But, I too will admit we were short changed on that. I wanted to see who Trunks ended up marrying. Hell, they showed who Gohan married.

There should have been a part where Vegeta gets so angry at Bulma for treating him no better than anyone else that he leaves her for someone who will show him some respect and who will basically kiss his butt and kick the butts of those who would otherwise show him disrespect. Allow him to be the total boss and get that ego higher than ever.

Only during the Baby saga did Bulma show once that she cared for Vegeta like truly cared, but he wasn't himself. So, what does that exactly prove? She wants Vegeta changed!

Personally, I think Yamcha is more suited to Bulma's standards and she is strong enough to keep Yamcha in line I'm sure. Think about the reactions Bulma made of when Yamcha and Vegeta both went to "Other world".

As I recall, during the "Saiyan Saga" when Yamcha was sent to other world, Bulma literally wept for him. She showed that she loved him there. She couldn't stand him being dead.

When Vegeta died... not even a sniffle! I mean, she could have let out her sniffles when she was safely on the lookout, but did she? Nope! If I were her... I'd be even more sad if Vegeta died than Yamcha.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

dionnebuchan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:18 pm
My opinion on Trunks? That depends on which version of Trunks that you mean. Are we talking about the current Trunks that started as a baby in Z and then grew in GT? Or are we talking simply just the one that came from the future and was there for just a short time?  
Bulma's chatterbox - all DBZ related threads that have nothing to do with the rp going go here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games