Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
yay for being sick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:26 pm
anybody know any good remedies to make me better besides the old rest in bed and plenty of water  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 pm
Garlic and oranges.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:51 pm
Generally anything that has vitamin C in it.
Also relaxing, so maybe a nice warm bath. The less you stress, the more your body can focus on making itself better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:09 pm
What kind of sickies are they if I may ask?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:24 pm
Brass Bell Doll

I was going to ask the same thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am
Quote:
Garlic and oranges.
okat i think that would make me even more sick no offense

Quote:

headache, runny nose, sore throat, coughing actually i coughed up blood at one point and that's about it  

The Unexpected Angel

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 am
Okay. Bed rest, Fluids (lots) Garlic, Oranges, Blueberries. Avoid anything that will make you cringe. Um lets see here. You can try sweating the sickies out with spicy foods. Work for me everytime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:46 am
Ethereal Memories
Quote:
Garlic and oranges.
okat i think that would make me even more sick no offense
Well when she said garlic and oranges she didn't necessarily mean together at the same time. wink

Quote:

headache, runny nose, sore throat, coughing actually i coughed up blood at one point and that's about it
This could be any number of things. It's likely that the little bit of blood was due to the constant irritation to your throat from the coughing. Have you been to see a doctor yet?

Try what everyone's saying: lots of rest, fluids (VERY important to drink a lot of water), oranges (or vitamin C supplements), garlic, and perhaps some over the counter medicine to help ease the symptoms a bit until whatever you have clears up. Though I think it'd be a good idea to see a doctor if the illness persists.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:40 am
Have you tried NyQuil Cold and Flu?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm
Ethereal Memories

If you are coughing up blood, I'd really recommend having it checked by a doctor. As Garrett said, it was probably just from the irritation, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

The smell of Neroli essential oil is good for headaches, gargling with salt water is supposed to help with sore throats (it always makes me vomit, so it's not something I've ever been able to use myself sweatdrop ).  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:02 am
i have been to a doctor and he just said to rest of drink plenty of water which doesn't work for me for some reason, though i'll think trying the oranges and garlic fan even if i really don't like them  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:29 am
I feel it may be worth noting that traditional Vitamin C Protocols for the treatment of a virus is designed to purge your system. Short of that, the use of vitamin C as a treatment is unsubstantiated, largely stemming from a publication in the 70's known as Vitamin C and the Common Cold.

It is very likely that you will make yourself sick by eating so many oranges before you achieve the recommended amounts of vitamin C from that source.

There is always the placebo effect though.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:57 pm
hmmm i not sick for now but the orange and garlic thing really did work even if a got craps loads orange juice burning my fingers cause i ripped off skin around them  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games