Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Show V.S. Games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niglet1000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm
I played through the G.U. series, but never bothered to watch either anime. Is it worth it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm
I think .Hack Sign is worth it. I kinda got bored with .Hack Roots and I hated Legend of the Twilight, so I wouldn't recommend watching those.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:40 pm
.hack//SIGN is absolutely, completely, 100% worth it. Roots has a cool soundtrack but isn't really worth it. Might as well just read the manga if you're even gonna bother with Legend of the Twilight. If you ever play IMOQ, make sure to watch .hack//GIFT (or if you even know a bit about IMOQ) because it's quite funny in my opinion.
But I think you might regret it if you pass over //SIGN. That anime is freakin' amazing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:00 am
You should watch //SIGN to have more of an understanding of how The World works.
And LOTT was a definite flop. I don't know about //ROOTS though.

Balmvng

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:28 am
I'd say watch both Signs and Roots! Signs is definately the best of them all. (maybe because I watched it first ^^; ) But do yourself a favor and just skip Legend of the Twilight...completely. Its like the red-headed stepchild of the series. No offense if your either a red-head or a stepchild, but you get what I'm saying right? ^^; BUT...that's just me ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 pm
True, LotT isn't canon, but it has some of the best music of the anime series imo. If you can get past the cutesy-ness of the huge eyes, it's worth it just for that alone.

I do agree that the manga was good, but manga doesn't have music.

Really, I think all 3 are worth watching, but then again, my taste in anime is unusual at best.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:57 pm
Yeah, I'd rather watch the anime than read the manga. .Hack music is amazing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm
XxGrieverxX
Yeah, I'd rather watch the anime than read the manga. .Hack music is amazing.

I prefer the manga for about three reasons: a few fewer filler scenes, Ouka in all of her scantily clad glory, and the extras at the end of the volume (Tsukasa was there all cutesy and it was so awwwwwwww heart ). Also, I just like reading manga. If I wanted to listen to the music, I'd look the music up and maybe buy the soundtrack like I did for Roots.
(also, did you know on the .hack//SIGN DVDs there's a setting that lets you just listen to the music with no voices or anything like that?)  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 pm
only watch the animes if u have good amount patience

-dot hack sign: defiently watch it if ur going to play imoq(can someone give me the youtube playlist for it i haven't watrched in a few years)

-dot hack roots: u need alot of paitence for this one(but the abirdge series is really funi)

-dot hack legend of the twilight: better then roots but a little fruity. I watched mostly because of ouka fanservice. pirate

-dot hack gift: HELBA"S NIPPLEZ that is all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm
@Doomed
I did not know that. :0
Do they have a .Hack Sign manga?

@Naota
I totally forgot about GIFT. Why they made Helba naked, I'll never understand.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:03 pm
They show Helba's face in .hack//XXXX.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm
Grieverr
@Doomed
I did not know that. :0
Do they have a .Hack Sign manga?

I wish. No, Tsukasa was just in the extras at the end of Volume 1 of Legend of the Twilight, with Sora, if I recall correctly. (Oh gawds it was such a cute picture heart ) There is, of course, .hack//ZERO, which I do believe has Subaru in it and it is revealed that Tsukasa and Subaru are romantically involved (to me, I'm glad they totally made it canon, but it's so obvious throughout //SIGN. Mimiru and Tsukasa are just friends.
Yeah, I found out about that setting when I was trying to change the audio to Japanese with correct looking subtitles without the main menu and became extremely confused when I lost the audio for speech.
Edit: On the //GIFT topic, it's probably worth watching. I found it a humorous and accurate parody sort of thing. Took me forever to find part three for rewatching after it got removed though. Ended up having to just find the episode in one part.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:32 pm

I agree with what Sylabus said about LotT.....it all sucked in my eyes, both manga and anime. I could care less which is 'canon' and whatnot....I think it was the worst in visuals, story, and music. Compared to the rest of the .hack universe, the music doesn't fit at all (though I've yet to see anything regarding LINK myself so I'm not sure about the entire series......but that's my opinion on the subject....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:49 pm
@Tay
Yeah, I saw that and was totally surprised. I thought they'd never reveal her face and then they did and I was like whao. :0

@Doomed
Ohhhh. I don't really know much about ZERO besides the stuff on .Hack wiki.
I love GIFT. Just the way everyone looked was lollin'. Especially Balmung.

@En
I agree. The story was totally pointless. The whole series could have gone on without it.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:40 am
Grieverr

@Doomed
Ohhhh. I don't really know much about ZERO besides the stuff on .Hack wiki.
I love GIFT. Just the way everyone looked was lollin'. Especially Balmung.

I googled it at one point and looked at the wiki through the plot. So, um, that's about all I know about it besides the fact that it'll probably never be translated and for some reason Sora's there. :/
Tsukasa was naked c: I just thought it captured the characters really well and managed to make that humor quite nicely.  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff