Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am
I am in a stuck situation here. It's my first time voting in a primary and I'm not sure which side to vote for.

See, there is no incumbent for governer. So it's an open race. And even though I don't want to vote Republican, I swear to god I do NOT want Mike Cox, that sack of s**t, to ever be in office. So I'd rather see someone else get the vote.

I don't think it will be Hoekstra either because I saw a Pro Life ad for him last night. I love it when a campaign video makes it so I DON'T want to vote for the candidate who put out the video...

Jungle, who are/did you vote for? I'd recommend Verg on the Dem side because he's gay friendly. I'm kinda leaning towards Rick on the gop side, but as my friend said about Cox and Rick "we don't need any more dicks in government".

And did anyone else vote?

Edit: Rick "d**k" Snyder uses the term "career politician" too much... :/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:42 am
*looks at ballot and starts drinking*

It looks like I can vote for people in only one party.

Aggg, this is why this ******** country sucks. Why can't I vote for who I want to win, not which corrupt political party I suck the c**k of? Why can't there be multiple parties? Why can't there be multiple candidates come Nov 2, instead of just TWO? And people in the bible belt and texas s**t american flags, scream about god and country, shoot their guns, ******** their bibles and call anyone who disagrees with them terrorist commies, they sit there and believe this god centered country is perfect the way it is, and I want to ******** move to Canada. Or Europe.

*starts snorting coke*

Edit: Yea, I could only vote straight dem or gop. I voted dem. God damn. I can imagine not voting for two candidates in the same position, say voting for a repub and a dem both for us senate, but you should be able to vote whichever party you want for each position. say vote gop for gov, dem for US rep, gop for state senate, dem for state rep, dem for mayor, ect.

*shoots heroin and sits in the corner drooling on self*  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Novalution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 am
I read the thread title as 'Erections' and then was horribly disappointed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 pm
Psycho Lee
you should be able to vote whichever party you want for each position. say vote gop for gov, dem for US rep, gop for state senate, dem for state rep, dem for mayor, ect.

That's actually how it's set up in Hawaii. (Or at least was the last time I voted.) You don't even pick a party affiliation when you register to vote. And you can still check a box to just vote straight republican or democratic for all races if you really want to.  

Shakeidas

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm
Supernova Explosions

You perv. *pets*

Shakeidas
Psycho Lee
you should be able to vote whichever party you want for each position. say vote gop for gov, dem for US rep, gop for state senate, dem for state rep, dem for mayor, ect.

That's actually how it's set up in Hawaii. (Or at least was the last time I voted.) You don't even pick a party affiliation when you register to vote. And you can still check a box to just vote straight republican or democratic for all races if you really want to.

Are you sure you're thinking of the General elections in November, not the Primaries in August?

Okay, during an election there will usually be multiple candidates for each position, several democrats, several republicans, and a few other parties. Unless it's like some position like Mayor of our city, where there's two Dems, or a couple small positions where only one person runs. Remember the 2008 elections where there were all those Democrats and Republicans running? And then it was slimmed down to McCane and Osama Obama? Well in the case of the presidental races, the final candidates are picked by their parties during the Dem/GOP conventions, but in every other case, if a position, like Governor, has say 4 Dems and 4 Repubs, the Primary Election the first week of August is what slims those down to just one Dem and one Repub running for Governor.

So you get this ballot and it shows each job/position, and then all the candidates for that position for each party. You can only choose to vote for ONE party the entire ballot, at least in my state. So you pick which democrat (or republican) you want running for election in November for each position.

Here, let me see if I can find a copy of my ballot.

http://i33.tinypic.com/b6565t.jpg

Note how it says at the top "vote only one party section". You can only vote in one party. Which I think is sucky.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 pm
Psycho Lee
Supernova Explosions

You perv. *pets*
4laugh

This thread is now about your erections.

Novalution

Shakeidas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm
Oh right, I was thinking of the general election. Yeah, it might be the same way with primaries here... I actually haven't bothered with them before.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm
And I just found out that primaries, unlike the general in Nov, are on different dates according to state. Whoops.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:21 pm
In California, we just voted not long ago and if I remember correctly a measure passed allowing people to vote for whoever they want in the primaries. The cost however is that I believe the two with the highest votes get to go on to the general, but it's not like that stops a random guy from running I believe... Not entirely sure.

Either way, it's different in each state. I prefer being able to vote for however I want, and that includes having the ability to vote for someone I want to go through on the other side because I know they'll lose in the later election. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 pm
Vote for me. cool  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 am
And I am pleased. Everyone who I really wanted to win, won. Some who I voted just because they seemed nice or whatever lost but I don't care about those positions anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 am
Supernova Explosions

I have to admit I misunderstood the tittle too.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200