Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Looking to create an active guild - I need help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karaoke Club Mule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi =)

I've just started up about two days ago a new guild called Karaoke Club.
It's a resource and community type thing for singers, and I seemed to get an okay response from Gaia at first, because I've got 19 members now. The only thing is, eight of those members haven't even posted once yet and I'm not sure how to encourage people to be active.

I've never made a guild before and I don't really know much about being a guild captain. I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to check my guild out (it's on private so you view the forums etc) and maybe give me some advice on what I can do next?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm
Daffodil_Dreams

Hi =)

It's a resource and community type thing for singers, and I seemed to get an okay response from Gaia at first, because I've got 19 members now. The only thing is, eight of those members haven't even posted once yet and I'm not sure how to encourage people to be active.

I've never made a guild before and I don't really know much about being a guild captain. I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to check my guild out (it's on private so you view the forums etc) and maybe give me some advice on what I can do next?

hi there
one of the tools we have available is the guilds announcement feature. this allows you to send a message (not PM) to all your members. so you may use that to communicate with them what you'd like to do or encourage them to post etc etc
please note that there is a small fee to send this broadcast, the amount depends on how many members you have. oh, and you need to have money in your guild account in order to do that.

hope that helps.  

diversaurus

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm
well as captain of 1 and vice captain of 3 i found that the best way is to have a few active people to get the post count up witch inspires more people to join. the next thing i noticed is people go to the crew members a lot so it's important to have a good mod set up of people you can trust seeing as thay can edit your posts. hopefully i was of some help  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:53 am
Not sure if it's foolproof, but I've started sending welcome messages to the people I accept with links to the welcome thread where they post their guild profile. The automated "You've Been Accepted" thing just doesn't cut. Most times, even I ignore it sometimes, and I know the pain of Post Count 0 Members. gonk

Also, something that got a lot of people posting, was when I sent PMs to EVERYONE about a surprise birthday I was holding. At the end, I was like "And if you want similar treatment, you'd better let us know your birthday before it passes!" And they certainly did.

That surprise party had me so nervous, too. It was during a Dev Meet-Up and I didn't want everyone to leave before I said it, and I didn't want anyone I whispered to accidently say it too early and all this stuff. BOY!

And THEN! The guy was AFK when the time came xD! I think the Dev that was there set off two events for the guy and he was afk. I TELL YA! But we got a cool screenshot of AirShark dropping "presents" for him xD

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:43 am
Hail, o' great liege of the ancient woods, ruler of the deepest forest...

My key to make people post is to make enough topic that they may find interesting. Keep on coming with new ideas and they won't find your guild boring.

Welome messages are also a great idea, each of my new members receive a comment with a few useful information about the guild - where to start, where to ask for help and so on. I believe they feel that I truly care about them this way.

The Ravens are on the wings!
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm
Daffodil_Dreams

Hi =)

doing events like secret santa or entry fee lotterys keep people going ive done both in my guild and each was a sucsess  

Red_carbine

6,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items