Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply Mecha Discussion
DMS Week 6 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DMS Week 5 winner?
Turn A Gundam
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Hi-Nu Gundam
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:35 am
Turn A Gundam vs Hi-Nu Gundam

Silas got the specs for these up, so check out the scores thread! It will be on the first page of the thread, edited into his first post I believe.

Anyway, onto strengths/weaknesses!

Turn A strengths

The Turn A despite its appearance, is an extremely advanced suit, close to 3,000 years ahead of anything else. It has many armaments, including the famed Gundam Hammer, which is like a Morning Star used in medieval times, only giant, and with rockets housed inside it. It also has a beam rifle, and a devastating attack known as the "Moonlight Butterfly". This attack actually breaks down technology into sand. It can also regenerate both itself and the pilot through nanomachines, although this hasn't been confirmed by any use in the series.

Weakness

The Turn A has no vernier thrusters, so it is not usable in space, and cannot fly in Earth's atmosphere. The pilot of the Turn A, Loran, is a rookie, though his skills increase throughout the series. The Turn A is also old, being buried in a mountain for an unknown number of years, and as such, it may not be as durable as it once was.

Hi-Nu strengths
The Hi-Nu is piloted by ace Armuro Ray, and has a Fin Funnel system, allowing for attack or defense using the Funnels. For attacking, they act as beam weapons, and for defense, for a beam shield, capable of blocking all but the most powerful attacks. Unlike the Nu Gundam, the Hi-Nu can recharge it's funnels, allowing near infinite use.

Weaknesses
Reading the history of both pilot and machine, no glaring or even subtle weaknesses can be found. However, everything has some sort of weakness, even if not visible from the start.
Edit: Amuro has a fear of going into space, due to the accidental killing of Lalah Sune, however this fear is presumed gone by the time of the events of the Zeta Gundam series.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 am
Obviously the Hi-Nu. The overall performance of the Turn-A is akin to that of the RX-78. What makes it different from the latter is that it has nanomachines that can repair the unit when taking damage, as well as the dreaded Moonlight Butterfly, and an I-Field for Beam Defense.

The Hi-Nu has more than all the abilities it needs to take the Turn-A out. What remains to be seen is whether or not the Moonlight Butterfly can immobilize the Hi-Nu. One factor is the Psychoframe. Even with the Psychoframe being more developed in Gundam Unicorn, it still possesses powers yet to be released. This serves as a trump card for Amuro to use in a situation such as this and is shown when the Amuro and Loran actually fought in Gundam Musou 2/Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2.  

Ryoga316

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 pm
Gonna have to correct both of you, here...the Turn A is capable of atmospheric and space flight. True, it lacks verniers, but it does have a powerful propulsion system based on the same technology as the I-Field. Also, the Turn A's performance is nowhere close to the RX-78. I don't know who told you that...but the Turn A was the very pinnacle of Federation technology at the time of its construction. And the fact that it was kept inside a mountain is irrelevant, since the Federation also had developed a way to preserve technology for long-term storage. I advise both of you to watch the Turn A anime in its entirety, and consult mahq for information regarding side stories and whatnot. Also...I don't know why you cited the events of a video game's storyline. Vidja games adaptations of existing stories are NEVER considered canon. That's like me playing Gundam Battle Assault, and insisting that the Zaku could beat Wing Gundam, just because that's how it happened when I last played the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 pm
I, uh, like the part where the Hi-Nu can recharge it's "funnels"... sweatdrop  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 pm
I am going to vote here, then.
Is it alright if i admit that the Hi-Nu would have to have really good pilots on par with Heero Yui or Amuro Ray to even have a shot at shutting down the Turn-A Gundam, since its extremely powerful?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:25 pm
I think who's piloting them makes very little difference here. The gap in power is that wide. It'd be like the world's greatest Mustang pilot trying to take down an F-15. While the Mustang once represented the very pinnacle of our airborne technology, it simply cannot keep up with the weapons of the future. Same with the Hi-Nu and Turn A.  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:43 am
If you wanna get technical about it, Turn A isn't from the UC timeline. It be from the CC, so can't really say it is from the future or past compared to the Hi-Nu, even if it does appear in games along side the UC suits at times.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 am
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. In the official UC handbook that comes with DVD box sets of the old shows in Japan, the producers and writers of the shows confirm that Turn A's past is, in fact, RX-78's future. The Black History that the Turn A mythos refers to? That's the One Year War. Look it up.  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:14 am
Did not know it referred to the One Year War. But not knowing the exact date of the Turn A's construction also hinders what we can say. For all we know it was built only slightly after the others, and not 3000 years after.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:25 am
So was it created during the future of the RX-78's fate, exactly?  

Javier Cross

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 am
Gundam Arashi
Did not know it referred to the One Year War. But not knowing the exact date of the Turn A's construction also hinders what we can say. For all we know it was built only slightly after the others, and not 3000 years after.
considering the vast difference in the technology employed, we can assume it was a long time before the Turn A was built. Up to that point, all Gundams were constructed with nuclear power of some sort. The Turn A is powered by a damn black hole.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 am
Javier Cross
Umm...what?  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 am
Silas Parrish
Javier Cross
Umm...what?

I am trying to imagine when the Turn-A was created.
So the Turn-A was somehow powered by a Black Hole, right?
How did they manage?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 am
Javier Cross
Silas Parrish
Javier Cross
Umm...what?

How did they manage?
I dunno. They use the vast time distance as an excuse to not explain anything like that lol. They just say that no one knows how it works exactly, just that it's powered by a black hole. And yeah, it was the last Federation weapon ever built before the world's accidental destruction.  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:40 am
Silas Parrish
Javier Cross
Silas Parrish
Javier Cross
Umm...what?

How did they manage?
I dunno. They use the vast time distance as an excuse to not explain anything like that lol. They just say that no one knows how it works exactly, just that it's powered by a black hole. And yeah, it was the last Federation weapon ever built before the world's accidental destruction.
That doesn't give a year. As I said before, it could have been built shortly after the others and not hundreds of years after.  
Mecha Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff