Censorship (resolved)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:06 am
WarriorShadow
All this is known, if Tricky wants to be further informed, take it to PM.

I would rather not have that chapter of the guild reopened in public.

Thank you for the offer, but really it is none of my business what personal issues the different members have had in the past.
What I had wanted to talk about was the locking of threads when people still had things to talk about.
Now the censorship thread just prior to be locked had a couple of valid points made by quite a few members. And I had actually wanted to comment on them as Im sure other members who hadnt been online in the last couple of days might want to do as well.
Now having this thread locked to stop people posting in it illustrates my point.

Especially after this post
EmWah
Okay, how about we stop all this bitching and moaning and arguing and crap.

I am a mod, I'm sick of this argument that isn't going anywhere so I'm going to do something about it.

Here is my solution - respect it. If any other mod or person has a problem with it, they can verbally bash me later, or maybe just talk to me in a civilised fashion and we can work something out.

How about we just forget about all this past nonsense. We'll start a new.

After I post this, I am going to unlock all the locked threads.

From now on, make whatever thread you want - as long as it's not offensive or completley pointless. Offensive and spam threads will not be locked, they will be deleted immeadiatley.

Example of an offensive topic ******** you. Your cousin has herpes.

Example of a spam topic Wrote:
La la la green is yum.

Are we clear?

Good.

Now this looked like a clear cut and peaceful solution. So why not long after this was posted the thread got locked?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:10 am
Seriously can't you just use a PM and tell us these things. If it isn't resolved TELL ME. It's not that hard.
This is what I mean by clutter. Just... USE A PM DAMMIT.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:13 am
It seems he's asking for other members to state their opinions as well, which means a private message would not work...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:14 am
Exactly as you said - It was the solution. It had been resolved. DNA was well within reason locking the thread. A solution had been reached to the problem, we all know what's going on and most people were okay with it.

Now, a thread such as that didn't need to be kept around open for discussion when a result had been achieved. Threads like that only create more conflict and thus it is good that it can be over. Now please, if you have any more comments on the matter, would you please either PM someone, or post in the "Help Desk and Suggestion Box" thread.  

EmWah
Crew

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:16 am
Delithraldur
It seems he's asking for other members to state their opinions as well, which means a private message would not work...
No sorry, you misunderstand me. I was saying to him that if the thread was unresolved he could PM one of the moderators to unlock it so it could be done, also so he wouldn't have to create another thread. That is what I was referring sorry for the error in translation.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:18 am
DNA_Guru
Seriously can't you just use a PM and tell us these things. If it isn't resolved TELL ME. It's not that hard.
This is what I mean by clutter. Just... USE A PM DAMMIT.

Gaia is a forum site. We post things to get a response from a group of people and the only reason that this is now the second thread on the same topic is because the first was closed. So what other option is there to open the topic for discussion but to create another thread?  

TrickYMickY

Delithraldur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:19 am
Mmyeah. You should have stated that.

Okay, I'm over this whole situation. I'll be talking to Lilithia about all the s**t going on within this guild next time I get a chance.

/exit  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:21 am
EmWah
Exactly as you said - It was the solution. It had been resolved. DNA was well within reason locking the thread. A solution had been reached to the problem, we all know what's going on and most people were okay with it.

Now, a thread such as that didn't need to be kept around open for discussion when a result had been achieved. Threads like that only create more conflict and thus it is good that it can be over. Now please, if you have any more comments on the matter, would you please either PM someone, or post in the "Help Desk and Suggestion Box" thread.

The solution which you had suggested was to 'Not' lock threads and leave them open for discussion. That was a solution. One that until the thread was locked was (once again) open for discussion.  

TrickYMickY

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:24 am
I think we're all over this situation.

Please, Tricky, there is really no need for this thread. It's only bringing up an argument and creating more conflict.

This is not a guild for argument and long winded debate. It's a guild for good times, hanging out and being friendly. I'm sorry that your early days had to be like this. Can we please just let the issue be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:28 am
EmWah
I think we're all over this situation.

Please, Tricky, there is really no need for this thread. It's only bringing up an argument and creating more conflict.

This is not a guild for argument and long winded debate. It's a guild for good times, hanging out and being friendly. I'm sorry that your early days had to be like this. Can we please just let the issue be?

Emwah,
Im sorry and I'll drop the topic now. Ive said what I want to and I just want to make sure that all the other members will get the chance to on this topic too.  

TrickYMickY

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:05 am
rolleyes This is like a boring topic that just gets everyone up in each others faces. Thats just not right stressed
Some people just like to godmod

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff