Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Necronomicon for real?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 pm
I am not and will never be a satanist or perform any dark magick, I'm writing a book about witches and I need some info an dark magic so I've been looking around for any books that might have any kind of good detail, but I keep seeing the Necronomicon everywhere. I've done some research on it and have gotten several different aspects about it. I've gotten that it is simply just a fictional book from some series written by H.P. Lovecraft, that it is completely real and it is evil and that there have been some copies that have pre dated H.P. Lovecraft by hundreds of years that can only be found in a few scattered libraries throughout the world. Does anybody know anything about the truth? I'm just curious because afte rreading all of that it has gotten me intensely interested on finding the answer, good witch or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:04 pm
Lovecraft made it up. If you use it, your book will become Lovecraftian fanfiction.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:20 pm
Lovecraft made it up, and other authors took it's reputation as a selling point.

I didn't like the books by the same title that much.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:17 pm
There are several books floating around under the title Necronomicon, but each and every one of them is a modern-day forgery.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm
Yanueh
There are several books floating around under the title Necronomicon, but each and every one of them is a modern-day forgery.

I don't think calling them forgeries is very fair.

Most of them have authors who don't claim to be translating a book by an insane Arab man.

The only one I know about that does make that claim is a piece of fiction.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm
Most, if not all, Necromonicons are fake/fiction. I personally own three.

However, they deal with gods that are -very real-, makeing them something not to be played with.  

Sjha

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:27 pm
Sjha

However, they deal with gods that are -very real-, makeing them something not to be played with.

Could you explain this one to the class, please?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Sjha

If you take the time to read the Necromonicon, then do some resurce on Arabian(Or, if your like me,Asian in general) history, religion, and mythology, you'll find that almost all the magik is fake or fiction, but the names of gods/goddess, and some of the mythology, is actually correct, or has strong bases on actually spirits or gods in Asian cultures.  

Sjha

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:10 pm
Sjha
Sanguina Cruenta
Sjha

If you take the time to read the Necromonicon, then do some resurce on Arabian(Or, if your like me,Asian in general) history, religion, and mythology, you'll find that almost all the magik is fake or fiction, but the names of gods/goddess, and some of the mythology, is actually correct, or has strong bases on actually spirits or gods in Asian cultures.

You can't "take the time to read the Necronomicon". It's not real. You can read some crap people pretend is the Necronomicon, but you're not really being very clear here.... if it's pretending to be the Necronomicon and not sucking c**k at it, the gods are not real. You can't pretend to me that Nyarlathotep is actually stalking the earth. If it's a s**t version, they just shove all this stuff in there about Middle-Eastern deities.

What you're saying is misleading. Sumerian, Mesopotamian etc gods? Sure. Cthulhu, High Priest of the Elder Gods? no. I mean, look at Kadath - the Gods of Earth are real enough. Not the rest of 'em. Not that we have any evidence that really splits the two groups, but I'm sure we'd all be eaten by now were they real.

Edit: I should mention, Dagon of the Necronomicon and Dagon the actual deity aren't terribly similar. Dagon of the Necronomicon is more like the Dagon of Discworld: a fish deity. Dagon of our world is an agricultural deity.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:20 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Sjha
Sanguina Cruenta
Sjha

You can't "take the time to read the Necronomicon". It's not real. You can read some crap people pretend is the Necronomicon, but you're not really being very clear here.... if it's pretending to be the Necronomicon and not sucking c**k at it, the gods are not real. You can't pretend to me that Nyarlathotep is actually stalking the earth. If it's a s**t version, they just shove all this stuff in there about Middle-Eastern deities.

What you're saying is misleading. Sumerian, Mesopotamian etc gods? Sure. Cthulhu, High Priest of the Elder Gods? no. I mean, look at Kadath - the Gods of Earth are real enough. Not the rest of 'em. Not that we have any evidence that really splits the two groups, but I'm sure we'd all be eaten by now were they real.

Edit: I should mention, Dagon of the Necronomicon and Dagon the actual deity aren't terribly similar. Dagon of the Necronomicon is more like the Dagon of Discworld: a fish deity. Dagon of our world is an agricultural deity.

Thats what I ment, by refering to the 'Necromonicon' I ment the books in general.

And another thing to point out in what I said would be 'the names of gods/goddess, and some of the mythology, is actually correct, or has strong bases on actually spirits or gods in Asian cultures.' In other words, some of the names and events mentioned in them are taken from other asian cultures, then used directally or altered.  

Sjha

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm
Dark magic? Seriously?

Everyone knows magic is colourless, and the magic's use is up to the person who uses it, be it good or evil motives.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm
I have never heard of it.  

pompoennetje

The Swamp Shaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 am
Ritual at Dusk
I am not and will never be a satanist or perform any dark magick, I'm writing a book about witches and I need some info an dark magic so I've been looking around for any books that might have any kind of good detail, but I keep seeing the Necronomicon everywhere. I've done some research on it and have gotten several different aspects about it. I've gotten that it is simply just a fictional book from some series written by H.P. Lovecraft, that it is completely real and it is evil and that there have been some copies that have pre dated H.P. Lovecraft by hundreds of years that can only be found in a few scattered libraries throughout the world. Does anybody know anything about the truth? I'm just curious because afte rreading all of that it has gotten me intensely interested on finding the answer, good witch or not.

Magic has no alignment it is only colored by the casters intent, but on the main point the Necronomion was (as far as I know) originally a work of fiction by HP Lovecraft. However, in some circles of chaos mages the ideas presented by the Necronomicon (ie Cuthulu, shuggoths, the elder race) are used as a focusing point in the rituals and when these thought forms come into existence on the astral plane they have an unnerving tendency to gain a sentience of their own very quickly.
If your interested check this out
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/cthulhu.php  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Dark magic? Seriously?

Everyone knows magic is colourless, and the magic's use is up to the person who uses it, be it good or evil motives.

Magic is sometimes described in terms of colors that have certain meanings- like in hoodoo some people shorthand types of magic by naming the color of the powders, candles and things.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 pm
I have a little song here that everyone might enjoy.

I picked it up from a website

Every few years you will see
An ad as well writ as can be!
Offering for sale a book. . .
Whose title is the selling hook.

It's called the Necronomicon
To summon horrors from beyond. . .
Or so 'twas claimed by H.P.L.. . .
Writ by an Arab 'mad as hell!

The author, poor Abdul Alhazred,
Was 'et by demons in Damascus --
And how his book survived,
Don't ask us!

Lovecraft's fans both far and near
Have searched for many a fruitless year
To find this book of evil spells
But the truth is sad to tell. . .

THERE AIN'T NO NECRONOMICON !

There is a Key of Solomon
And a Lesser Key, Lemegeton.
There's a Grimorie of Honorius
And other works notorious. . .

Heptameron, Enchiradon,
Complete with Tetragrammaton. . .
But there ain't no Necronomicon --
Of that we have no doubt!

There's Aramadel and Arbatel
And other catalogs of hell. . .
There's Picatrix (not pick up sticks!)
And other books of dirty tricks!

There's manuscripts quite Faus-tee-on
And Tablets in Eno-kee-on
But there ain't no Necronomicon,
And that's a simple fact!  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games