Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Death Note ANIME Guild

Back to Guilds

Anime!!! Manga!!! Video Games!!! Death Note!!! 

Tags: Role Playing, Anime, Manga, Discussion, Death Note 

Reply anime/ manga chatter box
Death Note Might Return with a New Season??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you watch it if it returned?
YES
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Free Gold
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:37 am
I heard that at AnimeExpo2010 that they had announced that Death Note would be returning for a new season sometime in the near future. Obviously it will be seen in Japan first (if these aren't just rumors), but I'd love to see it when in comes Stateside.

Do you think Death Note should return or should it remain the way it is? Also how do you think they will go about it character wise? Will they have Light (& Misa [depending when it continues]) return as Shinigami or will they just use new characters and new Shinigami?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:21 am
he should be a shinigami and they should have a shinigami war over light triing to gain control, that would be so cool since the king controls the dn distrabution then he could try to find a person that could finsish what he started and have a previous non main character want to kill kira for killing (a friend) and so on  

shinigami gr4ve
Vice Captain

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 pm
shinigami gr4ve
he should be a shinigami and they should have a shinigami war over light triing to gain control, that would be so cool since the king controls the dn distrabution then he could try to find a person that could finsish what he started and have a previous non main character want to kill kira for killing (a friend) and so on

Do you mean something similiar to what Ashat, Madman, and myself are doing in Ashat's DN RP?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm
I'd like to see it (if maybe BB or L were involved) but it seems sorta stupid if all the characters are new  

Cookie-imouto

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:17 pm
Cookie-imouto
I'd like to see it (if maybe BB or L were involved) but it seems sorta stupid if all the characters are new

Kor: "My guess would be that it would be a mix between new & old characters. What I want to happen is this? It will start maybe a month after and Light will return to the Human World after being reborn as a Shinigami cuz he 'accidentally' (on purpose) dropped one of his DNs in the Human World. A new character will pick it up. Then that character would become the 6th KIRA. In addition to the return of a new KIRA, the storyline would also include the events that lead up to Misa's suicide. I hope something like that happens if it does return."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 pm
they have come out with like 3 or episodes of what happens after Light dies (it was on the Remake directors cut)
MISA COMMITS SUICIDE!!!!!!!! how many ppl r happy 2 hear tht???!  

Rin_Sohma26

2,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Otaku-chan26
they have come out with like 3 or episodes of what happens after Light dies (it was on the Remake directors cut)
MISA COMMITS SUICIDE!!!!!!!! how many ppl r happy 2 hear tht???!

Shon: "I know she commits suicide on the Valentines Day after Light is killed by Ryuk. Though you can get the suicide thing by watching the end of the last episode when she is standing on the edge of a building on the other side of the protective railing. Dig it."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 pm
Pfft. This makes me think of something, and I just had t' post it. |D
Light: "Oh! And maybe there will be a sequel, called Life Note!"
L: ".....No."  

ButterflyStorm

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 pm
ButterflyStorm
Pfft. This makes me think of something, and I just had t' post it. |D
Light: "Oh! And maybe there will be a sequel, called Life Note!"
L: ".....No."

Shon: "Life Note? That's kinda funny though what would it do? Bring back the dead by writing the name of a dead person in it."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:05 am
That would be hilarious. That would be so cool if they made a new series, but, I'm not sure what exactly it would be about.  

Ayame Naruki

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100

JadaDoesArt
Crew

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:01 pm
one that would be awesome if they brought it back!!
two it has to have at least some if the older characters in it or it wouldn't really be DN
i have a friend on DA working on a fandom about that.... its really good so far (if you want to read it his user name is dinosgorawr)
i would love to see a new season for DN!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm
If its reurning i would gladly watch it because i am curious to how the story line wold go. Also i like the first one with the suspence and the seriousness  

Alphawolf1Taki

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

yundere

Biggest Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 pm
As much as I would love a sequel, I doubt they would have one since the conclusion was so solid.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 pm
OtakuHero
As much as I would love a sequel, I doubt they would have one since the conclusion was so solid.

Shon: "Yeah well they could always have it to where Light Yagami comes back as a Shinigami or something like that.

Or maybe they could do a prequel to Death Note like how Code Geass is gonna have a prequel about one of CC's previous Contractees. If they did a prequel, it could be about one of other people in the past that had gotten their hands on a Death Note. Heck they could always fit a Death Note into one of history's major villains like Hitler. I mean I wouldn't be too hard to explain how the Hitler's rise to power and the Holocaust was caused by him getting his hands on a Death Note. That would be hilarious too. Heck now I want someone to start a fan fiction about how Hitler's rise to power and the Holocaust was caused by him getting his hands on a Death Note. Yeah I know there might be a hole in there, like why didn't he end up ruling the world if he had a Death Note though that could easily be explained by saying that it was stolen from him or he for some reason decided to give it away.

Or option three could be a completely new spin-off series. They could introduce new characters including a new KIRA and they could probably even keep the SPK as the ones hunting down the new KIRA.

I myself would prefer Option 1 the most, but option two would be fine especially if they had it be in Hitler's hands or some other historical über villain like Napoleon or Stalin even."  

Kor the Legendary Kami

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200

GarugaS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:20 pm
My guess would be that it continues with an all-new set of characters. Or maybe, as Ruyk said, 'You're already better than most Shinigami,' Light will be someone's Shinigami. That would be cool... I would watch that.  
anime/ manga chatter box

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff