Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Tailoring The Internet To You [Positive Censorship]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Censoring Your Internet
  Good! I'm sick of these people ruining it!
  Bad! Freedom of speech and annoyance!
  This could be a major sociatal issue in the future...
View Results

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm
Ever had to deal with annoying people who you would rather have never seen their post? Tired of dealing with people who's every other word is a curse word? Wouldn't it be nice if ignorant statements could just disappear?

Well, here's what this thread is for! It's going to be a list of add-ons for Firefox (and other browsers if you know of similar add-ons) that enable you to tailor your internet experience to one more desirable. Never again be subject to stupidity and hatred, or needing to wade through it all to get to the good stuff on a web site.

Current list for Firefox includes:
Quote:

FoxReplace
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6510/

Quote:
"Lets you replace text in web pages. You can define a substitution list and apply it automatically or at your own discretion, or make individual substitutions. You can use this as a filter, or just for fun smile "

What you can do with it:
- Replace words you don't want to see.
- Replace phrases in the same manner.
- I have just confirmed this works with posts and quoting them on Gaia, and thus it is likely to work on other sites as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adblock Plus
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/

Quote:
"Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.

A short video overview is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvb2SjVjjI "

What it does:
- Blocks virtually all ads. I barely see any these day, and in many cases I never knew some websites even had ads before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaian Emoticon Replacer
Located in the following thread link:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19282133
Extra Instruction Page and original source here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/keist-s-lowpass-s-gaia-modifications/t.58471247/

What it does:
- Replaces gaia's emoticons with the images shown below.

User Image

Contributed by: Jiti

Contribute anything you may know of that can help. This is a list to help those who may not know about these things. They're incredibly powerful and I can see these becoming the future of internet browsing.

Feel free to discuss the matter too, if you like. I'm admittedly rather uncertain about these abilities for social progress, but at the same time they provide me with a better experience...So yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:22 pm
So that is the secret to why you are always so cheerfully optimistic. wink

Sadly I am a rubber necker and delight and staring at a good train wreck. I do love Ad plus though. Every once in a while I'll log on to my mom's computer or something and I can't believe how disgustingly cluttered most the internet is with annoying ads.  

Krissim Klaw

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 pm
I have been using ad blocker plus since like forever and it a godsend.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 am
Artemis Vulpes
I have been using ad blocker plus since like forever and it a godsend.

This~ AdBlock Plus is the best add-on I've ever seen.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

I lost my notebook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 am
Most definitely. ABP is the most amazing add-on ever developed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:41 am
Krissim Klaw
So that is the secret to why you are always so cheerfully optimistic. wink

Sadly I am a rubber necker and delight and staring at a good train wreck. I do love Ad plus though. Every once in a while I'll log on to my mom's computer or something and I can't believe how disgustingly cluttered most the internet is with annoying ads.

Lol, naw, I was that way before I discovered this. (Providing I wasn't feeling down.) This just makes it more likely to be so more of the time. whee

Have to say that it's surprising how just by including ad block plus, it becomes the dominant topic in the thread. I'm not complaining though, since I definitely agree with what's been said. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 am
Oh here's a better one, replace the neutral emote with a less serious one.
And also replace all the annoying yellow emotes with gray non-animated but cute ones.
May I show you a link to get this stuff?
:]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:08 pm
Jiti
And also replace all the annoying yellow emotes with gray non-animated but cute ones.

Sure! While technically the text replacer could probably do similar, it can't outright replace images as far as I know... I think. It probably 'could' but you risk making links and images all wonky. I'd have to test it sometime.

Anyway, post the link! I'll add it to the list. smile  

Garek Maxwell

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:38 pm
Garek Maxwell
Jiti

Sure! While technically the text replacer could probably do similar, it can't outright replace images as far as I know... I think. It probably 'could' but you risk making links and images all wonky. I'd have to test it sometime.

Anyway, post the link! I'll add it to the list. smile

{♫=♥}:

Sorry for the superduper late reply
It's from this thread:
click
But they took off the stuff and put it in their guild.
The emote replacement link is from this thread:
click
These are the emotes they replaced:
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 pm
Jiti

Sorry for the superduper late reply

No problem, link added to the list. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 pm