No! I hate it!
  Yes please!
View Results

seankay

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 pm
Yes, the little red things that gets over ennemies. I personnally hate them. Makes the game less epic.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:21 pm
You couldn't be more wrong. Targeting indicators symbolize Sonic's speed by comparing him to a missile. Plus, I like knowing what will happen if I try to use the Homing Attack.  

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Captain

seankay

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:18 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
You couldn't be more wrong. Targeting indicators symbolize Sonic's speed by comparing him to a missile.

He's not a missile, He's faster.

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Plus, I like knowing what will happen if I try to use the Homing Attack.

Did you need to know what would happen in Sonic Adventure? And in Sonic Adventure 2? And what about Sonic Heroes? Let's not forget of course that you could do it on Sonic Advance 2 aswell. In none of those games you needed the symbol, neither you do on Unleashed nor Secret Rings, it makes the game look for retarded people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm
seankay

Yes, he is, but since missiles are associated with speed, comparing him to a missile is not a bad thing.

seankay

Did you need to know what would happen in Sonic Adventure? And in Sonic Adventure 2? And what about Sonic Heroes? Let's not forget of course that you could do it on Sonic Advance 2 aswell. In none of those games you needed the symbol, neither you do on Unleashed nor Secret Rings, it makes the game look for retarded people.

You never needed to know, however it would have helped greatly in Sonic Adventure. In video games, it's always good to know exactly what will happen if you press a certain button. The targeting indicators may not help much, but they do.  

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Captain

seankay

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:21 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay

Yes, he is, but since missiles are associated with speed, comparing him to a missile is not a bad thing.

seankay

You never needed to know, however it would have helped greatly in Sonic Adventure. In video games, it's always good to know exactly what will happen if you press a certain button. The targeting indicators may not help much, but they do.
He's still not a missile.

I just can't believe that you said that. I just can't. You already know what will happen, you will advance epicly to the nearest enemy. In both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 the target enemy was designated by an algorithm between the control stick direction and the distance of the enemies. So you could easily direct the homing attack to any enemy around, even if offscreen. In Sonic Unleashed for example, you can't choose the target, I know this, I've tested it, lots of time. And you can't attack off-screen enemies, which sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 pm
seankay
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay

seankay

I just can't believe that you said that. I just can't. You already know what will happen, you will advance epicly to the nearest enemy. In both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 the target enemy was designated by an algorithm between the control stick direction and the distance of the enemies. So you could easily direct the homing attack to any enemy around, even if offscreen. In Sonic Unleashed for example, you can't choose the target, I know this, I've tested it, lots of time. And you can't attack off-screen enemies, which sucks.

Then you didn't try hard enough, every time I go to Apotos, there's a certain section where I will purposely re-target on off-screen enemy. EVERY TIME  

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Captain

seankay

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay

seankay

Then you didn't try hard enough, every time I go to Apotos, there's a certain section where I will purposely re-target on off-screen enemy. EVERY TIME
Please tell me where.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 am
seankay
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay
Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
seankay

seankay

Please tell me where.
Apotos, Windmill Isle, Day, Act 2. Adter you hit that spring near the beginning and have to homing attack three Egg Fighters just to advance, ther'll be a section where you have to Homing some flying enemies (forget what their called right now), after you hit the third one, there is one hidden off-screen to the left, if you try, you can easily re-target him.  

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Captain

Ultra Bleachfan 1010

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:32 am
you know wat i cant believe: you two ARGUING OVER A MISSLE AND SONIC.
sonic is fast like missles only faster and not one so drop that and some ppl dont start with the first sonic games so they might not know wat does wat so the idicator is kinda nessicary for them sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:45 pm
Ultra Bleachfan 1010
sonic is fast like missles only faster and not one so drop that and some ppl dont start with the first sonic games so they might not know wat does wat so the idicator is kinda nessicary for them sweatdrop

Yeah ok. Now its nessesary for SOME people, I think they should make like an on/off button for it.

They simpler they keep it, the better.  

seankay

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Sonic the Hedgehog-SU
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 pm
seankay
Ultra Bleachfan 1010

Yeah ok. Now its nessesary for SOME people, I think they should make like an on/off button for it.

They simpler they keep it, the better.
I still can't believe you think that removing the targeting system would make the games that much better.  
The Super Sonic Forum Quorum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games