Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wii Party
  F Yeah, Zombie Tag!!
  Shake The Baby! SHAKE IT!!!
View Results

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 pm
I am really looking forward to Wii Party. One of it's modes, Board Game Island, is like Mario Party, but WITH MIIS!!! From what I've seen of it so far, the mini-games look really fun and original. There's a ZOMBIE TAG ONE!!

This guy has some good videos of it. Anyone at least a little interested in the game should watch them. At least watch all the "Board Game Island" ones.(the first three vids) Half way through the second video is a must see moment! xd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wWNjlhE68&feature=related

Anyway, Amazon says that it'll be released on October 3rd and I'm actually thinking about pre-ordering it.

DISCOSS!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm
Interesting...

It does look more fun than Mario Party, I'll give it that.

SHAKE THE BABY!  

CherubiMaster

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 am
http://www.thebitblock.com/2010/07/22/video-tour-wii-party-mini-games/

This guy talking the whole time is pretty annoying, but it showcases ten of the mini-games including the Zombie Tag one. Sounds like there's around 80 mini-games in all.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:29 am
Josh is not annoying. >:[  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:54 am
It sort of looks like a not-as-stale and more fun version of Mario Party.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:08 pm
A definite rental.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm
@Cheesio: He's talking during the whole clip! I DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW I WILL BE FEELING WHEN I PLAY IT!! I'LL KNOW WHAT I'M FEELING WHEN I ACTUALLY PLAY IT!!! D<

@Wayne: Yep, pretty much. It's got several other modes too. Some of them, such as the irl games, seem pretty lamesauce but the 2 Player only modes look like a lot of fun. It has a lot of cooperative minigames that look challenging and cool like this one haunted house one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm
o-o...
THAT IS SO EPIC.  

iToketsu

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:57 pm
So, this game has been out for a bit and some reviews are in. So far, they've been surprisingly high. They're above average at best, but that's pretty impressive for a party game. The only bad review it got, with a 4.5 out of 10, was from Game Informer and at this point, I expect nothing more from GI. They are no longer a reputable basis of review IMHO.

With such decent reviews, it is no longer clear whether or not the price will drop in time for the winter holidays. Unless the general opinion of this game changes and sales are poor, I'm going to guess not. I hope it does but if not, it still looks like a solid party game.

Also important to note, it looks like other countries can get it packed with a Wiimote, like Wii Play was. I haven't been to a game store in awhile so I can't confirm if it comes bundled in the US or not but if it does, it would totally be worth the price.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:09 pm
I'm not a huge fan of GI either.  

Waynebrizzle

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:34 pm
Waynebrizzle
I'm not a huge fan of GI either.

They gave Monster Hunter Tri a 7. neutral
From the review, it sounded like the guy was just really bad at the game. I'm glad I don't get GI anymore.

I really need to subscribe to Nintendo Power.

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games