Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Gunblades exist IRL... well, sorta!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  OMFG! RL Gunblades! *dies*
  Cool, but they don't look close enough to FF gunblades for me to care
  I don't give a care about RL gunblades unless they work like Squall's
  I already knew about those 'Pistol Swords'
View Results

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:05 pm
They are called Pistol Swords irl, here is the wikipedia page! But it is closer to the type Lightning uses wise, not the type Squall uses.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm
When I clicked on this page I thought you were talking about the Pistolera item, but this is way cooler. I never really thought that a real gunblade could exist, yet this actually makes sense. The gunblade as always been my absolute favorite Final Fantasy weapon (I mean who wouldn't want to have the coolness of being a swordsman with the added protection of a gun) to the point where I almost added one to my Final Fantasy system inspired story, but it just sorta clashes with the whole lack of technology most FF stories have (which is why it worked for example in VIII, and XIII, but would never be seen in XII).
I'm also extremely excited about the new gunblade item with the evolving Pistolera. I don't know what everybody else thinks, but it looks a lot like Squall's with the red keychain (I believe his has a red keychain) and a pose that envolves multiple black belts the sword hanging in the back. I've seen the buster sword and an obviously keyblade inspired G-Blade, but this weapon is the first one that I've actually yelled out that I wanted it. I'm so excited! *ends gunblade rant*  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Alice the Loving

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 pm
But Squall's gun blade does not fire technacly speaking. When the trigger is pulled, the blade vibrates increasing it's power and ablities. but it does not shot thought...or at least from what I read and understand it does not fire bullets.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 am
red 14 the sniper
But Squall's gun blade does not fire technacly speaking. When the trigger is pulled, the blade vibrates increasing it's power and ablities. but it does not shot thought...or at least from what I read and understand it does not fire bullets.

Yep, exactly... The "gun" is really just an explosion inside the barrel that makes the blade vibrate... which I think is actually cooler, anyway. razz

I think it's hilarious, actually, that so many different cultures have had the same thought: "Hey, swords are cool... and guns are cool... let's STICK THEM TOGETHER!" Yes, this was exactly their thought process. Unfortunately, the results tend to be kind of lame.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

kirikan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 am
its really kind of hard to craft a gun and sword together....ive been trying for a while now....so far the only good thing i have so far is a good working sword....the gun just works as a handle sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:53 am
Squalls would kinda have to be a majorly sawed off double barrel shot gun with a viking sword blade welded in the middle. Well at least that would me the most likely real one, from what i can tell squalls blade launchs fire out of groves in the blade like a flamethrower using just the same revolver cartages.  

ffviizack

2,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 pm
This looks so cool. This would look amazing on my bedroom wall.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 am
I knew about guns with blades, but I didn't there were different types. eek Some actually look pretty sweet.

I like Light's gunblade(s). It's looks damn awesome and I think it'd be kickass to have a sword that can actually transform into a gun. mrgreen

Oh, the fun I could have.... twisted  

BleedingInkXIII

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:38 am
DeathStarXII
I knew about guns with blades, but I didn't there were different types. eek Some actually look pretty sweet.

I like Light's gunblade(s). It's looks damn awesome and I think it'd be kickass to have a sword that can actually transform into a gun. mrgreen

Would be awfully hard to learn how to use, though. I mean, VIII's gunblades are supposed to be really tough to master, but seriously? So much less complicated than Light's. I'd probably end up stabbing myself in the face with it while trying to switch it to gun mode or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:15 am
Ravenwolf
DeathStarXII

Would be awfully hard to learn how to use, though. I mean, VIII's gunblades are supposed to be really tough to master, but seriously? So much less complicated than Light's. I'd probably end up stabbing myself in the face with it while trying to switch it to gun mode or something.

I'll probably end up shooting mself in the face and cutting off a leg. eek  

BleedingInkXIII

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces