Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 pm
User Image
Mapatano wasn't really a huge fan of leaving the pride's lands. It was almost necessary for him to be in them, now. Which is exactly why he'd decided he should go outside. He didn't smile as he did it, though, and once he was about a mile away from the official entrance to the valley, he just sat and scowled back at it unhappily. It seemed like a rather stupid behavior, but Mapa was actually trying to move on.

Kind of.

The most important things he couldn't deal with yet. But if he could at least assure himself that disaster wasn't bound to strike the pride again (and he wouldn't be locked out, unable to protect it), maybe he could relax. Not that he'd ever admit to anyone besides Hisa he had a problem or anything.

"Geez, Tano. You look about as relaxed as a zebra drinking water." As usual, he also ignored Hisa's comment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm
User Image

For many it was probably an odd sight to see a lion skipping. Some might have to look at him a few times to make sure, but he was. The spotted purple lion was skipping along, humming to himself, not a care in the world. Well, maybe one, but he couldn't really remember it...

In fact, his vulture companion had told him to stay put while she got her bearings so that they could continue on their path to the Aka'Mleli pride, but Pauo'le had completely forgotten about that. Kamea was flying around somewhere, that's all he knew, and so he skipped. Something that the vulture detested, so Pauo'le refrained when she was around. Party pooper.

It wasn't long before he spotted the large black lion in the distance.

"Helloooooo over there!" He called merrily, heading over in his direction. "How are you doing on this lovely day, friend?"

Atheare

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:54 pm
Mapatano wasn't exactly a distracted lion, he noticed lots of things. So he wasn't surprised by the approaching purple lion. At least, not in a 'oh, you startled me' way. It's just... A skipping, bright purple lion is just a little hard to miss, don't you think? But, not particularly interested in rogues, he did his best to ignore the seemingly mentally unstable lion until it came right up to talk to him.

Well, at least he didn't seem dangerous.

"Hello." He greeted, at least civilly. "We're doing fine, thanks." He didn't bother asking the same, because he honestly wasn't too interested and he didn't want to seem like it. Hisa, however, disliked that approach. "How about you?" Of course she was more cheerful!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:05 pm
"Fine? Good, good!" He chimed, settling his spotted rear down in the grass and wiggling a bit to get comfortable. "It's so nice to have company on a beautiful day like today, don't you think? Then again it's always good to have company."

His ears perked up again at the sound of the second voice. "Oh, a feathered friend too!" He laughed, "I'm doing just fantastic! I have a feathered friend too." He said with a nod, looking around. "She's not around right now, but I'm sure she'll show up eventually. She and I are heading to a pride where all the lions have bird friends, or maybe it's the other way around." He giggled, "Maybe it's the birds who all have lion friends, eh?"

Oh wait.

"Are you two from that pride?" He asked, suddenly very proud of himself for making that connection. "Oh, you must be! How exciting, we must be getting close!"

Atheare

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 pm
Mapatano remained in his spot, keeping from snapping at the rogue out of mere politeness, though he supposed he wasn't exactly being polite either. He didn't even bother putting on a less than unhappy face for him. "It's good to have good company." As in, you are not exactly my idea of good company. But, as soon as he said it, Hisa was quick to flick him with a wing, as subtly as possible.

But now at least the purple male was saying something interesting. At first, Mapatano was somewhat annoyed (well, he was already annoyed anyways) with his sudden focus on Hisa. And then he mentioned the pride, and he was all ears. He wasn't exactly thrilled, though. "What do you want with the pride?" He couldn't help it, he was still a little prickly about rogues going to Aka'mleli.

At least, he was pretty sure they could handle a buffoon like this. Mapatano also made a point to not answer the question about his being in the pride, and scowled at Hisa once she noticed she was nodding in confirmation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 pm
Pauo'le shook his head at the dark lion, "You're too serious, my friend! Come on, let's turn that frown upside down, hm?" He tilted his head cutely at him and blinked rapidly as he had seen younger creatures do when they wanted to be adorable. It didn't have quite the same affect when he did it, but it still had a bit of a different cuteness to it. More of the 'aw, he really is that special' sort of cute, though.

"Well my friend Kamea said that it would be a good place for me." He answered, his head still partially sideways. "She says I shouldn't be alone because I get in trouble, and that a pride where she can stay and keep an eye on me would be best." He nodded, a rather strange sight considering his position. "So that's where we're going! I love meeting new friends!"

"There you are." A voice came from behind the purple lion, belonging to a green vulture. "Didn't I tell you to stay put, Pauo'le?" She clicked her beak at him as she approached, hopping along the ground and pecking at his paw abruptly.

"I'm sorry if he's being a nuisance." She shot a glare at Pauo'le, who was licking his paw where she had pecked him and looking rather pitiful. "But it looks like he managed to wander in the right direction at least. You both are members of the Aka'Mleli, if I am not mistaken?" She asked, looking first at Mapatano and then to Hisa for confirmation.

Atheare

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:19 pm
His attempt at being cute did two things. It made Hisa start laughing, before she choked it down awkwardly, and Mapatano stare at him like he had some sort of death wish. Not that the black lion was likely to attack, it's just....really. Really? And this guy was wanted to join his little pride? The world hated him, really.

"...Yes, I suppose a pride like ours would work fine with your...feathered friend." He agreed grudgingly. Hopefully this purple idiot could at least hunt. He glanced down at Hisa, briefly wondering if he could just leave this guy right now and hurry back home. But then a green vulture showed up, and she seemed more intelligent, so Tano felt less inclined to be rude. Or, exceptionally rude, anyways.

"Yes, we are." Again, Hisa was the one to be nice and confirm things. Because Mapatano still didn't look overjoyed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm
"Oh, that's wonderful news!" Pauo'le chimed, dancing a bit on the spot excitedly, "Isn't that great, Kamea? I found it, I really did!" He puffed up his chest proudly as though he had done something exceptionally special. In his mind, the fact that he had gotten nothing more than one peck from the vulture meant that he hadn't messed up too terribly. Right?

"What do we have to do to join? Oh, I do so look forward to meeting all the other wonderful lions in this pride!" He beamed at Mapatano, "I hope all of them are as much fun as you are!" Some might think he was being sarcastic, but in reality Pauo'le was completely serious. Sure, other bouncy, bubbly lions like him were fun and all, but lions like this were sort of a challenge. It made him be extra-super happy in an effort to make it rub off on grumpy lions like this!

"Pauo'le, will you please be quiet?" She sighed. What had she gotten herself into by staying with this lunatic? Still, he needed her and she could tell... She couldn't live with herself if she just let him get himself killed in some idiotic manner.

"Good to hear then." She nodded respectfully to Hisa, "We humbly request to become a part of the Aka'Mleli. Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep him out of trouble and hopefully making himself useful." She looked at Pauo'le warningly, but not too harshly. Though she'd never admit it, she did have a tiny bit of a soft spot for his child like attitude. Just a little.

Atheare

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 pm
Tano grimaced slightly, watching the purple male bounce around. He honestly couldn't wait to be rid of him, but, apparently, they might end up seeing each other again. "Yes, I am tons of fun." He replied in a deadpan, keeping his attention on the lion and resisting the urge to say more, so Mapatano was very relieved when the avian spoke.

Though he didn't see a big problem with the pair, aside from extreme annoyingness, one could never be too sure, he guessed. Msiba was supposed to have been a great actor. Besides, he didn't have the authority.

"Alright. Well, allowing you into our humble home, isn't exactly in my power. Due to...recent events, you will have to meet with our seer before being accepted. I suppose I can allow you to enter the pride lands to find him, but you should stick to the outskirts." That was probably where Peke was anyways. He didn't seem to like crowds.

Mapatano wasn't exactly thrilled about letting random strangers into his homelands, and he'd be the first to chase them out if they caused trouble, but he supposed he had to be fair. If the pair wanted to join, they had the right to an interview with Peke. Who probably wouldn't like Pauo'le, either.

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games