Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Events

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CITO
  is easy
View Results

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 pm
Events are fun. I really enjoy going to them. I've only been to about three or four but I want to go to more. They are a great way to meet other cachers, and to learn about the sport some more.

-Have you been to any?
-Did you meet any new people?
-Did you learn anything about caching?
-Will you go to more?
-Are you planning on going to any ?
-Will you go to one now that you know about them?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:21 pm
The local geocaching group (called INKY - Indiana/Kentucky) has dinner gatherings at various restaurants or parks on at least one Tuesday per month.

The big gathering happens at an annual October camp out at an old farm outside Bardstown, KY that belongs to an aunt of one of the members. We spend three days and two nights camping next to the lake and pavilion with a clear view of the sky with no light pollution other than that of the bonfire.

7th Annual October Fest @ Windy Rock
http://coord.info/GC2C017

Great food, some guitar and violin (or is it a fiddle) playing, night caching, games and more. There are several decent caches in nearby Bardstown. We usually have at least 35 tents with two or three people each, hammock tent or two plus a couple RVs and several people in local motels.

I always make sure to take the first day (Friday) off work so I can pack the van and head out early. That gives me time to hit some caches in a forest on the way there and do some in town before setting up the tent.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:23 pm
I think that it's really important that everyone tries to go to an event. Even if it's a small one. I have learned a lot and met some great people while geocaching  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 pm
The local police bomb unit has set up an event this month where they have invited geocachers to come and learn about what they do (see the robots, dogs and more) and how to avoid placing a cache that looks suspicious. Apparently they have detonated at least five caches in the area.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:45 am
ok wow that is intense. Do you know which caches? ?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 pm
No, not yet. I couldn't make the Bomb Squad event yesterday due to having surgery on Friday morning. I may find out more at our October camp out.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers