Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
God in Christianity and Islam ......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fancy hossasm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:09 pm
بســـــم الله الرحمن الرحيـــــــــم
In The Name Of Allah , The Beneficent , The Merciful

God In Christianity And Islam
Fast comparisons on the basis of scientific

Introduction : Peace and blessings be upon you , may Allah guide humans to the true path .
In this topic we will compare between god of Christianity and god of Islam .
You will see in this topic wonders you never saw , I will leave commenting be for you .
And let us begin .

The Ability of god in the old testament :

Genesis 32:24-28

Quote:
24 So Jacob was left alone. Then a man wrestled with him until dawn. 25 When the man saw that he could not win against Jacob, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that it was dislocated as they wrestled. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go; it's almost dawn." But Jacob answered, "I won't let you go until you bless me." 27 So the man asked him, "What's your name?" "Jacob," he answered. 28 The man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob but Israel [He Struggles With God], because you have struggled with God and with men--and you have won."

The Egyptian Pope Pope Shenouda confirms in his books "Years of people's questions -Part 7-" that GOD was the one who was struggling with Jacob .

And there's also lots of verses that say god gets tired and other stuff don't fit for a god .
Genesis 2 .
Quote:
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Exodus 31:17

Quote:
17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.' "

That's god at old testament , a god who gets tired and needs rest .
As for Noble Qur'an at Surah 50:38 .

Quote:
And verily We created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six Days, and naught of weariness touched Us

Know why there's lots of languages on Earth ?
And why Babel was called like that ?

Genesis 11:1
Quote:
1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, [a] they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.

3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the LORD scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel [c] —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

I am sorry but WHAT ?????????????
What god comes to Earth make sure of news or see a building ?
What god be prevented from his own people by a building ?
What god destroys that building so he would be able to drown them ?
What's that god ????????????
And that's only at old testament .

New Testament :
The new testament proves that Jesus can't do anything .
Jn 5:30

Quote:
30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Mk 6:5

Quote:
5He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

Even when he died god made him alive .........

ALLAH (SWT)

112:1-4

Quote:
Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

35:44

Quote:
Allah is not such that aught in the heavens or in the earth escapeth Him. Lo! He is the Wise, the Mighty. (44)

2:255

Quote:
Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî[] extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursî.]— (255)

Thanks for reading

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:51 am
I find it better when i put ideas in a table to have a complete comparison:

======================================================
# | Christian View of God . . . . . | Muslim View of God

1 |He is beaten by a Human . . . | Has no Equal
- | (Genesis 32:24-28 ). . . . . . . . |(112:1-4 )
2 | Needs to rest (Exodus 31:17 )|weariness does not touch him. (Surah 50:38 )
3 | Does not want people to have |God created nations to know each other
- | a united language in one nation|and not to be separated.
- |(Genesis 11:1) . . . . . . . . . . . . . |(Al-Hujurat 49:13)

What is said before is what i understood from your points brother.

Now i would like to ask the following to any christian to clarify if i understood right or not:

As Muslims : we believe our god is omniscient. He sits on His throne and has knowlege and sees everything. His Power of creation can be seen everywhere if we took time to look and think.

Do you as chrisitan believe the same? that he is omniscient or do u believe he is omnipresent? That He exist in everything?  

WandySama

6,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

fancy hossasm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:45 pm
No answer ............ rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm
I've heard from Christian friends that he's omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent.  

Silver Nephil

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 am
There are many sects. Diffrent believes.

Baptist, catholic, protestant, lutherian, ortodox, and many more.

The common christian believes he is a kind of friend, or love to the humans. But he knows everything and is most high.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:18 pm
The_Pathan
There are many sects. Diffrent believes.

Baptist, catholic, protestant, lutherian, ortodox, and many more.

The common christian believes he is a kind of friend, or love to the humans. But he knows everything and is most high.

Christians view him more of a father than a friend..  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:21 pm
You just proved how Christianity makes no sense whatsoever...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:21 am
well, I was converted from christian to Islam.... and the things that I can't understand is their concept of trinity... It said that one God play 3 roles, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, which I don't thin that this make any sense....

well, i was very lazy back than, i barely visited the church.... xp  

yakiterri

High-functioning Unicorn

bilqisnargis

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:44 pm
WandySama
I find it better when i put ideas in a table to have a complete comparison:

# | Christian View of God . . . . . | Muslim View of God

1 |He is beaten by a Human . . . | Has no Equal
- | (Genesis 32:24-28 ). . . . . . . . |(112:1-4 )
2 | Needs to rest (Exodus 31:17 )|weariness does not touch him. (Surah 50:38 )
3 | Does not want people to have |God created nations to know each other
- | a united language in one nation|and not to be separated.
- |(Genesis 11:1) . . . . . . . . . . . . . |(Al-Hujurat 49:13)

What is said before is what i understood from your points brother.

Now i would like to ask the following to any christian to clarify if i understood right or not:

As Muslims : we believe our god is omniscient. He sits on His throne and has knowlege and sees everything. His Power of creation can be seen everywhere if we took time to look and think.

Do you as chrisitan believe the same? that he is omniscient or do u believe he is omnipresent? That He exist in everything?

Islamic Monotheism states that Allah SWT does not exist in His Creation b/c His Creation is base and He Has no need for His Creation. For Allah SWT to exist in His Creation would be like ungodly of Him and pointless. Allah SWT Knows All though His Knowledge, Hears All though His Hearing and Sees All though His Sight.
This Tawheed also nullifies Jesus pbuh being a part or a son of Allah SWT in Islam. Allah SWT is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth plus He Knows EVERYTHING about what He Created plus He Has Recorded Everything down 50,000 years before the Creation. So Allah SWT being clueless about His Creation, wanting or needing of His Creation and needing a "human appearance" to relate to His Creation is not godly of Him.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games