[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 pm
I propose that Erik's hair be officially recognized as a furry.

All opposed, say nay. Otherwise, the fuzzy motion shall pass. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 pm
I have a simple check list to determine if someone is a furry or not.

1. Do you have an affinity for, or are you a fan of, anthropomorphic creatures, aka funny animals, be they based on real animals, mythology or forms of fantasy and sci-fi?

2. The above being true to do you enjoy, seek out even, others that share this common interest?

If these two statements are true then you are a furry.  

Artemis Vulpes

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 pm
My hair meets those qualities.

OH SHI-

gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 am
Actually i would like to speak tho the contrary Eric's hair just like shater's hair piece it is a symbiotic life form ... Eric's hair fight's crime and routinely masquerades as the flying spaghetti monster.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Lydeth

5,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 pm
I think there are more kinds of furry that just what Artemis described, but that's a decent generalization. I do think that a lot of the cartoons and Disney movies that we grew up watching have had an affect on some of us. x)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm
Every individual brings something unique to the fandom and has their own personal ideals of what it means to be a furry but when you speak of the fandom as a whole it is good to generalize and strip it down to its core. Furry certainly means a lot more to me than what I posted above, but they are personal things that have to reliant to others in the fandom. I always do my best to keep the description of the fandom as basic as possible when discussing with others that are interested but not fully involved just yet, they will get a better idea of the whole picture on their own as they explore the fandom and themselves.

The one constant of this fandom is cartoon animals, it is the foundation it was built on and a love of them is all it takes to be a part of this fandom, everything else is just fluff. Everyone always reacts to this as "well that is just generalizing, there is more to it than that." Yes, duh, I know that I am generlizing on purpose because it make it easier to explain to those curious rather than giving them a whole class on the subject matter. Saying any more than that would just be putting my personal spin on things rather than letting them discover what furry means to them on their own.  

Artemis Vulpes

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:17 pm
oh hai

Are we arguing what being a furry TRULY means? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:21 am
I guess I'm not a furry either, more like the "distant cousin" type. I just want to meet some furries, and learn more about the culture, and maybe roleplay a bit. I sent a faulty application, though, and I doubt I'll get accepted here..

I got too excited and sent a request without seeing what you have to write on one. :O oops

EmilyEWilson

5,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items