[PRP] Family and friends- often one in the same. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 am
Taka lay in the sun, tail twitching lightly. If it weren't for that, you wouldn't even be able to tell that she was awake... Her eyes were closed and she appeared to be perfectly content. Her mother's latest litter was growing up strong, and they were so cute! Ditto for her sister's, though she hadn't seen those cubs in a little while. Well, sure, around the pride, but they hadn't actually hung out in a while.

She was close to the lake, and the sound of the crashing waves was slowly but surely lulling her to sleep- her tail's twitching slowed and stopped in her last few moments of wakefulness before the sun and the white noise got to her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 am
User Image

Kirja found herself doing a lot of what her mother once did. She was constantly following her mother around, and of course her father, learning about as much of the pride as she could. You could saw Kirja was very much like her mother in many ways but like her markings showed she had a lot of her past in her. She acted like both of her grandmothers in various ways. LIke Kirjava Kirja liked to enjoy life however could be pretty calm at times and such. While like Isi she enjoyed to flirt, a lot. Then of course there was that nice amount of her mother where she liked to learn and have fun.

But right now she was feeling pretty tired. She had a long day, she really didn't know what to do with herself at the moment.But something sounded pretty nice and that was to wander toward the watering hole and curl up by the side and splash her feet in the water for a little while. It truthfully and seriously sounded pretty good. She trotted with a grin on her face it growing more and more as she got closer to the water.

She paused for a moment as she caught the glance of some one familiar at the water side. She knew the lioness and she knew her pretty well. Taka was her aunt and her mother's closest sibling. She smiled slightly and wandered by the other lioness's side. "Hello auntie." She said simply leaning over to nudge the lionss's side not really noticing the fact that she was sleeping. Kirja wasn't always wasn't the most observant. "Enjyoing the sun?" She asked curiously.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 am
Off into dreamland~~ And, what was that, something was against her ribcage. Her eyes dragged themselves open and she tried to make it appear as though she was just lying around. That had been her plan, after all, to just lay in the sun, not to nap in it. She wasn't sure if she could pull it off convincingly.

Who was it who was here, anyway? She turned and looked up at the black and white lioness before her. Why, it was exactly who she was thinking of before she dozed off! She sat up slowly and stretched one of her front legs as she responded, "Mmm, yeah. Some days you've just gotta sunbathe, you know?" She stretched her neck and her other front leg before continuing. She was certain that the teen knew that, too. "Been a little while, hasn't it? Since we hung out for a bit. So, what're you up to today, niece-y?" She asked with a smile, fully woken up. Kirja was a perfect mix, she thought, of their families. She looked like Mawi, she looked like Isi, she looked like Aapep and she looked like Kirjava, it was almost uncanny.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 am
Kirja didn't notice that her aunt was sleeping that is until she heard the way her aunt was speaking. She squeaked for a moment before speaking. "Did I wake you up?" She walked back a little then sat on her haunches. "I'm sorry if I did, I didn't know you were sleeping." Her cheeks grew warm that was pretty embarrassing to her. She leaned over the water lapping some of if up before turning back to her aunt. "Sun bathing is always nice." She mentioned simply, she enjoyed it a lot it was one of her favorite things to do when she got the chances.

She then laughed before nodding at her aunt in agreement. "IT has been a while. But then again with the whole adventure out of the pride thing and also learning all the time. And can't forget spending time with siblings I've been busy." She laughed slightly once more before poking her with a paw. "I'm glad I rant into you though, it's realy nice." She always enjoyed family gatherings.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am
"Yeah, you did, but I'm glad you did," she said, stifling back a yawn. "I didn't want to fall asleep- I hadn't been planning on it, so no worries," she said with a nod.

"Oh yeah, you're past that age now, how did that go? Did you bump into anyone cool?" she asked, thinking back to her own. It had been pretty different, really; she liked that the pride gave such freedoms to youngsters. It really had the potential to open your eyes. Your eyes and your heart- Taka couldn't imagine what Isithunzi had been through... She had needed to leave the pride and live that way, knowing that if things started to get rough, you only had death and disease to turn back to. For being a flirty, happy, and apparently overly kind lioness, Taka knew that Isi had to hold some inner hidden strength. She respected her mother anyway, but that thought truly strengthened it.

"Yeah, it sure is nice!" Taka said bumping into Kirja. "So... You busy?" she asked, hoping not. "It'd be nice to hang out, unless you've got some friends to hang with," she said with a smile.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:06 pm
Kirja looked at her before grinning. "Oh! In that case I'm glad that you are okay with being awake I would have felt really bad if you didn't want to wake up. She laughed nervously for a second before flicking her hair out of her eyes. Having company was very nice at the moment.

Kirja paused and thought for a moment. "I didn't do anything too exciting. I tried to wander to the Bhari'moto to visit my father's brother but I got lazy about half way there I couldn't make it all the way that was for sure. I got lost about part of the way there so I came back this way. "I like it a lot better here though, everyone is a lot friendlier here it's very nice." She nodded decisively.

She shook her head at her aunt. "Nope I have nothing to do at all. I woudl like to hang out. It's better then laying around in the den all the time. Everyone starting their drumming lessons once more but I begged mom to teach me more so I'm a head." She laughed a little bit then gave her aunt a nice smile. "So here I am just wandering around today. But I would love to hang out with you."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:48 pm
Taka chuckled too, it would have been a little annoying if she had been woken up while trying to sleep. All the same, though, she couldn't stay mad at a relative. She wasn't sure she could even start being mad, actually. "Wow, the Bahari? That's pretty far away, right?" Taka asked with a headtilt. When she went on her quest to find rhythm, Taka didn't go too far from home, just a little meandering around the roguelands. Back then, she was scared to meander too far out... However, she had a general idea of the layout of prides beyond their borders- Isithunzi had made sure of that... She'd taught all of her cubs the layout of prides that she'd learned while she was a rogue; which prides to go to in an emergency, and which to avoid at all costs. It was a bummer, though, that she didn't get to see the other side of her family. Taka regretted on occasion not having made the trek to see her dad, but in retrospect it was probably smart to not have gone at her drum-quest age.

"And you sound like your mother and I, we always demanded extra lessons," Taka said with a chuckle. It seemed Isi's passion had been passed as far down her line as her line went.

"Cool! Let's see, what should we do..." Taka pondered, thinking back to what she enjoyed as an teen... She danced, fished, explored... Tempted fate with any large animals she could find by the borders... She could be a bad influence, right? That'd make her the cool aunt- given, the only one the girl had around her here. Then, Kirja may not enjoy such danger.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 pm
Kirja swiped a paw at the ground then laughed a little bit she couldn't help it, she knew that trying to go all the way to the Bahari was a stretch but she was curious. "It is quite always from here, something tells me mom or dad might take some of us there some time to visit uncle Ravi." She then laughed again flicking her hair out of her eyes. "It took mom and dad about three days to get there last time they went. It's kind of far but... They told me it was really awesome thought!" She had never been there but she heard that it was really amazing and really pretty.

She looked at her aunt and then stretched forward some "You guys did?" She asked curiously thinking about it. Her mother told herlot about her childhood but at the same time she always learned something new from someone else in the pride. She thought it was pretty cool.

Kirja looked at her aunt with wide excited eyes. "I'm up for anything! She giggled again nodding toward her. "I wan to do anything that you want to do." She giggled again she was seriously excited about this, her aunt sounded like she could do a ot with her aunt ot was pretty exciting.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:50 pm
"Huh, I'll have to have a word with her about that," Taka said thoughtfully, eyes turned to the sky. While she didn't want to butt into a closer-family vacation at all, she did have to wonder if Mawi would put up with her following her around. She could go for a little change of pace, and she hadn't left the pride's lands since she met up with Eyal. And, to be frank, the biggest body of water that she'd ever seen was the lake on which their pride was situated.

"Oh yeah, all the time! I'm sure mom was sick of giving us special lessons," she chuckled, "but both your mom and I have a lot of drive. She couldn't ever teach us enough," she said with a nod. Still to this day, it seemed, both of them were constantly working to improve, to grow their repertoires. She didn't know if Kirja was the same, but she imagined some of that had to pass on, too. Just like her looks.

"Well, how about I take you out to a really cool place?" she asked smoothly. "Kinda close to the pride's borders... See, one of my brothers and I went there when he was young, you can climb up and get a pretty good view of things, wanna go?" She offered with a headtilt, deciding to go with the slightly safer offer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Kirja looked at her aunt with wide eyes for a moment, excitement quickly rushed through her. "You should go with us one day It's beautiful." She nodded she was hoping that one day she could have her aunt go with her, that would be pretty cool, she enjoyed all of her family no matter where they were.

Mawi paused for a moment before speaking "I'm pretty sure grandma couldn't have minded after a while. She was probably glad to see you guys learning music." she wasn't sure if she was saying that because she was pretty sure it was true of if it was because she was hoping that her mother wasn't getting annoyed at her wanting all of the extra lessons. She knew some times her other slibings joined along but she really hoped her mother didn't get tired of her.

Kirja's eyes grew excited once more, seeing different places always excited her and she always wanted to see amazing paces and this sounded pretty amazing to her. She nodded her head at her aunt before bouncing on her paws some. "I reall want ot see it." She chirped happily.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm
It was settled, then! Taka would make sure to talk to Mawi about it, hopefully get to go on a trip with her. "Yeah, we should. Plus we'd all have so much fun," she said, already seeming to think about it. "And I think she was happy to teach us. Or, I hope so, anyway," she said with a sheepish grin. Two overly-eager-to-learn cubs had to be better than two cubs who were apathetic, right?

Yeah, she was sure that had to be the case. It's not like they went around dissing the beauty of rhythm, that would have been the worst. The absolute most awful possibility. She smirked, though. The pair of them certainly kept Isi on her toes, it seemed.

"Hee, alright. Come with me, you won't even leave the borders," she said, turning South. She'd gone up there with a younger version of Hakuna before; there had been a bit of a rockslide that they'd managed to escape, but it wasn't that bad.

Not in retrospect. It probably had been that bad, but since they survived, she viewed it as a fun experience. "It's the mountain between us and the Mtaishi'miele, but if you go up there a little ways, you can see the whole pride really well," she said as said mountain loomed in the distance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm
Kirja looked at her aunt then giggled some. "Mom would really enjoy it, you would remind her of home she always says she misses everyone when we're gone." She laughed again nodding at the idea wiggling her toes in the ground. She giggled a little more before thinking about what her aunt said. She was still hoping that she wouldn't piss off her mom. She really didn't want to do that. But then again she felt like her mom was always doing something but at the same time still seemed to have the spare time to be everywhere, her mother had so much energy and she had no clue how or why.

Kirja was very curious about what her aunt was leading her to. She perked her ears up before she stretched her paws again and stretched them out before she started to wander toward the other female. She grinned before she started to follow her, she couldn't help but to be happy to follow. She was very curious she wanted to know everything and exploring a part of the pride that she hadn't seen before sounded amazingly exciting for her.

The stripped lioness paused for a moment before then starting to grin widely. The idea of checking out a new place a place where you coudl see the entire pride was getting her more and more excited, she knew she was really going to enjoy this. "That sounds really awesome!" She giggled nodding her head looking around, she had an idea of which way they were going but she wanted to pay, really, really close attention just in case she wanted to go there again.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 pm
Her thoughts were on safety as they approached, but it looked like, since that landslide so long ago, the mountainside had resettled into new positions- it looked quite sturdy. After all, a mountain was a mountain, right? A few lionesses pouncing from rock to rock wouldn't make the whole thing fall down on them.

"It's pretty cool up there, the drum circle's my favorite. The best part is that you don't have to climb to the pinnacle of the mountain, there's a little flat area a little ways up," she explained with a nod.

They were at the foot of the mountain, there was a craggy path to follow, but it would fit two abreast. Taka took the outer edge and let Kirja have the inner edge. "It's not that bad of a climb," she said as she took it on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:08 am
Kirja looked up at the mountain, she wondered what her mother would think of her climbing up this, or better yet she was thinking her niece was going to be jealous that she got to climb up here. Her niece and nephews were the same age as her and her siblings, they all got along well and were all pretty close, her and her niece Vevilla really got along though.

"It looks like a bunch of fun to climb up that!" She giggled some before flicking her hair out of her eyes before she braced herself to get ready to start climbing. "Well lead the way." She giggled nodding at the idea then she started to move closer to it.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:41 pm
Taka pushed on up, stepping carefully over boulders and pebbles and other various trip hazards. It could be the worst possible place to be clumsy, and she was doing quite well at avoiding it. She took her gaze from the path beneath her to the pride's lands, then back to the path. Still, the higher they climbed, the more the savannah sprawled out beneath them. The pride's lands grew smaller and smaller, and the land grew larger. She loved it up here- the air was clear, the breeze a bit stronger, and the sun always seemed a bit brighter.

Maybe it was just her, but she found the sight from high up to be more beautiful. "It's great, huh?" she asked as they proceeded. "We're getting to a more difficult spot here, so we'll have to pay more attention to the path for a short bit. It gets a bit rougher before we get to the vantage point," she said, slowing down as she padded forward, giving small hops on occasion to avoid larger obstacles.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff