Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nia was taking a break from the newest litter that Mio had. They were are adorable, and interestingly enough, there were males this time around. Many, really, in relation to the litter size. Zahi was probably proud of himself, but Mio was grateful as well. This litter had been born much healthier than the first, and thus she had strong hopes that they would all grow up much stronger than the first set of all girls. There was much joy to be had everywhere, but Nia wanted to get a little quiet time, away from everyone for a moment.

She let her paws guide her, and ended up at the lake that laid in the West's lands. "Peaceful, as always," she said to herself, finding a good place to rest.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:49 pm
User Image

She dipped her paws into the water to cool them off while her brother wandered around. He just -couldn't- sit still and she never understood that one. She rather liked being able to sit down and relax and take some time out of the day to just not move. But Saidi? Nope. He had to be up and going and never stopping.

"Really, we're near, or in, someone's pride lands and they haven't come out to eat us yet so you could relax. It isn't as if we mean them any harm. Unless they consider fairy tales harmful..." And that would be rather funny.

User Image

He shook his head as he wandered around the lake's bank. "Or they could still come out here. Either way i'm going to get a look around." He didn't see any reason that they couldn't keep an eye open if they were so obviously in someone else's lands.

"And if they think fairy tales are harmless then they haven't heard yours before." He laughed. His sister could tell some rather risque stories when she wanted to.

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 pm
Ria sighed as she had found a place...but it just didn't seem right. Perhaps she wasn't quite ready to lie and rest, but instead wander the shore of the lake and let her mind wander. Like...where was her brother? Still within the lands? She hadn't a clue. She just hoped...he wasn't dead.

With a soft tugging of sorrow at her heart, ruining the sense of a relaxing afternoon, she walked again. The soft dirt that clung to the shore, with how damp it was as the water kept it moist...oh? Strangers? And she was alone...not the wisest idea she had had recently.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:07 pm
"My stories aren't that bad." She huffed. "Besides. Most of them are true enough." He just liked to poke fun at the stories she didn't tell to cubs. Adults liked fairy stories just as much as little cubs and she liked making them more interesting. "Besides. You can tell some bad ones of your own"

He paused and looked back toward where his sister was sitting. "But my stories aren't .... yours." He huffed again.  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:15 pm
Nia was never shy. She was feeling a little worried about why two lions would wander so far in the lands. Were the guards being that lazy? No, probably not. There was just so much land to cover, and the hunters worked tirelessly just to keep everyone fed. They still had a lot of work to do to keep the western border safe. Keep their new Empress safe, and content.

"May I help you?" she asked, approaching slowly. Nia left a comfortable amount of space between her and the pair, unsure of what their motives were.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:19 pm
He jumped at the sound of someone else's voice and ended up skidding in the mud and landed with one leg in the lake. " .... i think my heart stopped." His eyes were wide as he looked at the blue female.

She took one look at her brother antics and burst out laughing. It took her a moment to get herself under control enough that she could see what was going on. "I'm sure Saidi could now use some help getting himself out of the mud"  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:35 pm
Her ears flattened against her skull for a moment, wondering what the hell he was talking about, as he didn't look injured. Her ears perked up, though, as his companion seemed equally amused to Nia's confusion.

"He looks fine," she answered smoothly. "I was wondering why you've entered these lands, to be honest with you." It wasn't near any other prides, at least not closely. The terrain wasn't the kindest, though it did soften when entering the Tianxia lands. Perhaps why they resided here, as well as proof that this pride was meant to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:41 pm
"We were wandering though actually. I kept saying this had to be a pride land but we couldn't find anyone around." She smiled as she got up and wandered over to where her brother was still trying to pull himself out of the mud.

He grinned sheepishly at the blue female as he pulled himself out of the lake and tried to get the mud off his foot. "We are story tellers, wandering ones so far. We didn't mean to tresspass but we couldn't find anyone to talk to either"  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:49 pm
Nia shrugged. "We are a busy folk, but sometimes visitors slip through the cracks." Zahi would not call them visitors, but it would do little good to act hostile towards others that were already within the lands. At least, at this point in time. Tianxia was growing stronger each day, just....slowly. She was proud of the fact that the west had grown so large, but it was interesting maneuvering through a growing house.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 pm
"So there is a pride here." She perked up at that idea. A pride meant work and work meant they could get a good meal and maybe somewhere safe to sleep for a while. "Would anyone be interested in a few stories? We have plenty for every sort."

OF course his sister went straight for business. He sighed and hung back behind her while getting the mud off himself. The female was ... pretty. He'd never seen someone with a blue coat like that  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:08 pm
Nia peeked at the male from her long bangs, wondering if this was how it was. Strong females she could associate with, but it was interesting seeing him take a step back. Or maybe the mud was embarrassing him.

"Perhaps," she answered quietly. "My Lady may be interested, as well as a few of the children." And a certain bard may enjoy the chance to hear some fresh stories, but that was only a possibility. It may not be best to mention at the moment that they had their own storytellers, though at times their stories seemed limited.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:20 pm
"We would be more than happy to trade a few stories for some food and a place to sleep at least for the night." She smiled. A 'Lady' sounded good. That meant a ruler and if you could impress one of the rulers they were generally nicer and gave you more food and such. It was so hard hunting by herself since her brother was a failure at it. He startled too easily.

"Could you take us to her?" He got most of his foot free of mud even though now his legs were at least half wet. At least he was presentable if damp and that was better than damp and mud covered.  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Nia nodded. "Food and shelter can be easily arraigned." They did have enough skilled hunters and hunter apprentices to supply two more mouths to feed, as long as they weren't starved.

"I must warn you, though, to mind your manners. While the Lady is kind and forgiving, our Lord is not. He has quite a temper on him," she said, pausing as she held her own tongue. She still did not like him, even if her heartsister, Mio, did. "And is not very reserved when he dislikes someone."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:17 pm
"We've never been known to cause trouble." She knew if they were alone her brother would have been quick to argue that point but since they had company she could say it all she wanted. "Best behavior, i promise." She grinned. "So long as no one else sneaks up on Saidi."

He grinned sheepishly again. "A good story can placate a temper some times ..." HE hoped at least. He really didn't want to get yelled at. His sister would be tempted to yell back and that would be -bad-  

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:35 pm
Nia nodded, and smiled warmly. "Just a warning. The rest of the House takes after our Lady's temper more than our Lord's. Oh, and," she said, turning to the male. He had quite a mane on him. "I can't promise that the cubs won't sneak up on you," she chuckled. "They like to play their own games, and the Lady has her own little set right now."  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff