LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:23 pm
I posted a guild advertisement thread in the Gaia Guilds forum, and hopefully we will have some new members joining our ranks soon. biggrin Here is a link to the thread. Don't feel obligated to post in it everyday, but occasionally pop in and say something that you like about the thread. Just remember, NO BUMPING!!!

Go to the Advertisement Thread Now!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm
I really need your help with this project. I want to make sure that I reflect what is most important to you in this advertisement. I'm also concerned about the way I'm coming across in this.

As Number 5 said, "NEED INPUT......"  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

cozork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm
hey hey! it seems sound enough to me. fun and friendly, yet literate :3 a nice combination >.<
i love the guild by the way xD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm
Thanks! xd It's kind of odd how I ended up becoming the captain, but I've been trying my best to make it fun and successful. This guild has seriously slowed down in the last couple months, and I can't figure out why. I thought now would be a good time to have another member drive to boost this guild's activity. It's rather depressing thinking about how this guild is now versus how it was two years ago. I don't want to get into the nitty gritty again, but it's all there in the guild history thread. But, when we re-opened in this guild, it was full of life and ideas. Sadly, I feel that I am very much to blame for it going down. I was doing my student teaching, and I didn't have any time at all for fun. When I came back to Gaia after my student teaching was over with and I had recovered a bit, I was sad to see this guild pretty near death. We've revitalized a bit, but we're nowhere near the way we used to be.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

cozork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:19 pm
well there is still time to spruce it up a bit!
i'll do what i can to help :3
and i'm sure that most of the reason, will have been down to the fact that older gaians have a tendancy to have less free time to be on here. and also a tendancy to leave!

what did you think to my application note by the way?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:24 pm
I thought it was hilarious and amazing! xd I commented on your profile about how great it was, but I guess you weren't alerted or something.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

cozork

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:30 pm
lilchibiusa
I thought it was hilarious and amazing! xd I commented on your profile about how great it was, but I guess you weren't alerted or something.

oh sorry, no, it would appear that i am not very alerted xD
anyways, i look forwards to helping with this guild :3 it would be nice to see it all bustling and shiny >.<

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:35 am
I'm new to the guild but I wanted to say I really like the recruitment statement. It's very friendly and welcoming. The only thing I'd change is that little statement about the first year being in a guild that no longer exists. It just seems unnecessary and distracts a bit from your message.  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:49 pm
Thanks for the comments! :heart : I noticed a sentence that sounded awkward, and I fixed it. I think I have it in a form I like now, so I'll be setting up the thread tomorrow night (because I'm too tired tonight to try to advertise). biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:09 pm
I finally posted the guild advertisement thread. Sorry it took so long. sweatdrop Please see the first post for details. 3nodding  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:54 pm
We've gotten a few cool members thanks to our advertisements. I hope that we can get more members through this guild advertisement. Try to post something in the thread every few days to bring it back to the top of the list. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 am
lilchibiusa
Just remember, NO BUMPING!!!

You're tempting me. xD  

Ric_PT

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:36 pm
Well, the forum rules explicitly said not to bump, so I'm trying to follow the rules. We've had a huge number of new members recently, so I'm going to be shutting down the member drive in the near future. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am
"Nu bumping" is a very hard rule to control.
Example: one can write a long sentence and post it without it adding anything new, for the sole reason of putting the thread back up on the first page. While it is bumping, one can argue it isn't.
Not that it really matters. xD  

Ric_PT

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:10 pm
I think they mean that you shouldn't just post "bump" or a random emoticon.  
Ye Olde Lobby

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff