Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
DMv2 has some ideas! How do you feel about them? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:51 pm
The guild has been...dead lately. And I know we all want it back. The hustle and bustle is long gone, so it's about time we step up and start bringing people in. A guild with thousands of members is nothing if we only have a few regulars. I have some ideas to bring people back, but I want to hear your ideas too.

1. Another lottery. Sacred Flowers mentioned she was going to host the next one, not sure if it's going to go anywhere. Aly; feel free to say if you need help!

2. Achievements. We can have our own set of achievements. More details in the next post.

3. A charity, more information about it can be seen here
Note: If the charity goes through, you only get ONE wish slot, no matter how much you give to the "wishing well".

4. We don't have a four. ._. need more ideas!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 pm
Achievements: The DMv2 Way

1. Donate 10,000 gold to a new user (less than two weeks old).
2. Get a donation of 10,000+ gold.
3. Get a score of 3,500+ gold in a booty grab game.
4. Create a thread that gets over 50 pages.
5. Be the last poster of a thread that has over 10 pages.
6. Bump 100 times in a row.
7. Invite 5 people with awesome tanks to the guild.
8. Have at least 15 fish in your tank.
9. Do not change your avatar for 3 days.
10. Create a thread that has all users wearing a blue item.

Obviously we need more achievements. Feel free to suggest them! Please make them reasonable.
I'm thinking that users will have two weeks to get as many achievement points as they can (points to be determined later, if it goes through). Top 3 people with the most points will win an aquarium fish. (Probably a blue starfish, or something cheaper I can purchase with cash. This will be coming out of my own pocket!)
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:06 pm
User posted ideas:

Podium
a good friend of mine and I are planning a Halloween contest where we give out candy (gum, lolipops etc) and a trick or treat tote. I would me more than happy to ask her if she wanted to host it here? Or we could put like a thousand DM links in the thread.

- User hosted event, prizes from the hosts

LaughaLotRocks21
Well for another achievement you could make the ugliest/scariest tek-tek avatar in honor of Halloween.

- Prize would need to be donations from guild users.

QueenFawaz
ahem, anyways, we could have some kind of tournament?

... where the winner gets a pretty big prize. I could probably help with the prize / hosting of something like that.

We could host a guild fun-night. Where we play games for small prizes (10k-100k) and all chat in that thread.

We could have guild pictures taken in towns / rally (spellings out dolphin mania with wing-ding shirts) and advertise them in signatures.

- Prize for tournament would need to be donations from guild users
- Prize for fun night would also need to be donations from guild users

IciaMoon
well... something interesting would be, that you could set up a certain time to get on the computer.. say 4pm CST and have a bunch of people meet up in towns or zOMG (probably towns since not all gaians play it..) and it could be like a hide and seek where you tell certain people to start at one spot, and go searching for someone from the crew giving them hints about them in maybe a little mini subforum, and the first one to find that specific person gets a prize

- Prize to be determined, and from whom

I Be Incognito
Thats what im having trouble on
I was thinking a random number generator but then some people dont find that fair

and also I was thinking maybe we can also have small giveaways after the MC is given away

- User hosted event
- MC would be donated from me, the other giveaway items/gold must be determined by host

JoyRose
Riddle thread where riddles about various Gaia fish are offered and the people who win are listed in the Winner's Circle post, just for fun, maybe a small prize but more for bragging rights (you could even put the Winner's Circle on the home page and/or in an announcement after a set period of time).

Spirit week(s) where we all post in a thread wearing a certain theme (water items, look like a fish, scary costume, whatever). Maybe even have a small prize for an avatar contest on that theme for that week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 pm
Achievements, ftw. :]  

phallic salami

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 pm
Oh god T.T achievements...
Will you t least have a subforum for them? I couldn't take it if they flooded this guild too D;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm
Podium
Will you t least have a subforum for them? I couldn't take it if they flooded this guild too D;

Probably, yes. xd All of these ideas must go through Greg first for confirmation anyway, as I can't just add things without his permission. rofl  

ll P W E E P ll

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:37 pm
ll P W E E P ll
Podium

Probably, yes. xd All of these ideas must go through Greg first for confirmation anyway, as I can't just add things without his permission. rofl

a good friend of mine and I are planning a Halloween contest where we give out candy (gum, lolipops etc) and a trick or treat tote. I would me more than happy to ask her if she wanted to host it here? Or we could put like a thousand DM links in the thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 pm
That would be interesting! Ask her if she'd like to host it here, and I'll send out an announcement when it's up and ready if it's all right. Contests are fun. cool  

ll P W E E P ll

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:48 pm
ll P W E E P ll
That would be interesting! Ask her if she'd like to host it here, and I'll send out an announcement when it's up and ready if it's all right. Contests are fun. cool

I'll call her as soon as I can. It won't be untill 2 weeks before Halloween anyways so we have tons of time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:30 pm
i was thinking that u could be able 2 bet as much as u want unless u dont got that much o.o  

8DDDDDDDD

Chill-and-Relax

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm
Well for another achievement you could make the ugliest/scariest tek-tek avatar in honor of Halloween.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 pm
xgamerz
i was thinking that u could be able 2 bet as much as u want unless u dont got that much o.o

You can bet as much as you want. Larger bets require a middleman to participate as well, to make sure the bet goes smoothly.  

ll P W E E P ll

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 pm
LaughaLotRocks21

Sounds good to me biggrin Maybe Podium and her friend wouldn't mind having this as a mini-contest for their Halloween event, if they choose to host it here.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Oh my God... Achievements are taking over Gaia... crying  

SilverBowAndArrow

6,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

ll P W E E P ll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:37 pm
APuckett
Oh my God... Achievements are taking over Gaia... crying

We're not positive on it yet. xd If we get enough feedback for our ideas, we're probably going to have topics for each idea, detailed of course, and have users vote on if they want it or not.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff