Submit

Who is stronger?
  Kain
  Raziel
View Results

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Guild, I would like to have a little talk about something that has been bothering me for quite awhile now.

This and this - the Soul Reaver ending and the Soul Reaver 2 opening.

Why do they bother me? Well in the SR ending, I. Kicked. Kain's. a**. His arm is all messed up, and when he says I almost had him, you can tell in his voice he really meant it.

Now in SR2, which takes place right at the end of SR, something is different... well, for one the ending of SR has been turned into a fantastic cinematic and also the dialogue has been changed up a bit, which I don't have a problem with, but something is amiss here...

Why is Kain kicking my a** now? Did I miss something?

He pretty much tosses me around the a rag doll for most of the opening and doesn't break a sweat doing it, apposed to me having him on the run in SR. I even pin him up against a wall and he lets me hold him there for a few moments, then he easily breaks free. He was humouring me!

The humouring was what bothered me the most, especially the way he says that I almost had him. Clearly I did not...

Whatever, I still ripped his heart out in Defiance, heh...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Raziel, I was a blind mutated critter in a pit in Avernus Cathedral. Your whining means nothing to me. I had to listen to crazy Hylden worshippers. And Azumith.

You at least got to move around and talk to people and get slammed into a wall (hehehehehe)

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Cool story, bro

I'm not whining, I'm making a point. I mean, what exactly happened to have it go from me completly wrecking Kain's s**t to him throwing me around and going 'lol, nice try~'?

You're the one whining, this doesn't even have anything to do with you.

Now tits or gtfo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 pm

razz

In all fairness though that is an odd transition. I wonder why they nerfed you

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I think I have a theory, and its the same with all the sequels I know of.

At the beginning of a game, you always start off with little to nothing, no weapons, no real skills, but as you reach the end of the game, you get more stuff.

By the end of Soul Reaver, I was a force to be reckoned with.

But SR2, despite being the ending of SR, it was a whole new game so I was at the beginning - like how Link starts off Majora's Mask with none of the weapons of skills he previously aquired in Ocarina of Time.

In other words, I was boned.

Either way, I call shenanigans.

They could have at least given a better explanation to why I suddenly sucked, like how in BO2, Kain gets amnesia and loses most of his powers.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Ree ree ree reeeeee. Ree reee reeee. Reee ree reee reeeee. Ree ree. (D: Now now. Let's not fight. It's probably simply a gaming error they messed up on in Soul Reaver 1. I mean...1997...SR came out right? So...about 5 years later in SR2 I'm sure that 5 years is a long time and you cane forget things in gaming deisgn sometimes.).

*fluffs with his tail a bit* :3 Ree (Ah. That's better. Who wants Cupcakes?)

Merrival

Vice Captain

Tipsy Creature

19,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 pm

... Its like he's trying to speak to us, I know it...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:34 pm

(If I wanted some faux cutesy mediator I would listen to--ah shouldn't say it...)

Link loses his stuff because it is stolen. Were your powers possibly stolen then? Or were you so weak after that last battle; the two cut scenes are so close together chronologically that you had no time to recover?

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Only his ocarina was stolen, when did everything else get taken?

Unless when Zelda sent him back in time, he lost all that stuff, but he went back and forth through time all the time before that and never lost anything -- even the milk stayed fresh after seven years!

I guess Zelda is just a thief, she even took all the weapons he could still use as a kid that had nothing to do with the future time line.

(Where's Raiem? A Zelda discussion and she isn't around?)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Reeee? owo >o< *flails arms* Ree ree ree! Reeee!

(D: I am speaking to you! I am! Can you not see it!*flails*)

Merrival

Vice Captain

Tipsy Creature

19,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:50 pm

All right your item listing when you finish Ocarina (that you could use as a kid)
1.) Kokiri Sword
2.) Kokiri Shield
3.) Hylian Shield
4.) Bombs, Bomb-bag
5.) Bomb-chus
6.) Fairy Slingshot
7.) Deku Nuts
8.) Deku Sticks
9.) Boomerang
10.) Lens of Truth
11.) Ocarina of Time
Now, when you start up Majora's Mask and when you become Human you can use or have:
1, 3, 7, 11.
-You wouldn't have #2 if you had #3 as the latter is better.
-You quickly get #4 if you get the Blast Mask; you do not really need bombs after that. You can get #5 later. Since #5 is optional you can assume OoT Link did not get it.
-#6 is replaced with the Fairy Bow. It's possible Link saw no reason to carry it around as #9 is way better.
-Likewise, why carry #8 if you have the sword? Yes you can light torches but perhaps Link did not predict needing to do so.
-#9 I do not get. Clearly the Boomerang was very useful.
-#10 he may have seen no reason to keep it. It's primary use was as an adult anyways.

Now let's assume Link originally had all that you saw with him when riding Epona. It could be he chose to not carry a lot so he could travel easier. That does not explain why he could hold those items previously. It could be assumed he wanted a challenge.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:46 pm

-3- Ree ree ree ree...ree reee. Ree ree ree. (gestures mostly).

Merrival

Vice Captain

Tipsy Creature

19,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I hate how they got rid of the constrict ability... it was so much fun...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I imagine Raziel laments not having that dark gift as well

Lieutenant Turel

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Well Link's an idiot. After all he went through, he should be armed to the teeth. I'm surprised he doesn't have PTSD - maybe slight brain damage from all the walls he rolled into.
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff