Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Events and Contests
Crack Pairing Fanart/Fanfiction Contest! WOO!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 am
EDIT: Everyone failed to enter, so technically it's over, but still feel free to submit stuff. I'll open it up again if I get enough submissions.
(I may spice up this thread later, but I don't really have the time right now, so deal with the normal posting style for now, 'kay?)

As the title says, I have decided to have a contest for Crack Pairing Fanart/Fanfiction, partially to help get the guild active and partially because I think it has the potential to get really funny.

Read the rules THOROUGHLY before submitting anything and before posting, else I won't count your entry and your hard work will have been for naught.

Contents:
1. Intro/Contents.
2. Rules/Other Stuff/FAQs
3. Prizes!
4. Fanart Entries
5. Fanfiction Entries

Winners will eventually be edited into this first post here, or will be stated in the entries posts.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 am
Rules/Other Stuff/FAQs
1. All submissions must be of Crack Pairings that have been said in the Crack Couples thread. (Link's right there, bro. No excuses!) It's got a lot of pages, so there's a lot of pairings you can choose from.

2. You can't use a pairing that was first posted in the thread by you. So, I wouldn't be able to make anything for this contest using Azure Kite X Tsukasa because I was the one that posted that pairing. But if someone else posted it, you can use it.

3. Guild Pairings that are posted in that thread are allowed. GO FOR IT.

4. Don't steal any fanart/fanfiction. If I find out that you've stolen anything, then you'll be instantly disqualified.

5. Your entry must be drawn/written SPECIFICALLY for this contest. Works created beforehand that coincidentally work for this contest will not be accepted if I find out.

6. You can submit multiple works for both fanart and fanfiction. If you submit one fanart and one fanfiction, both will automatically be entered. If you submit multiples into one of them, then only the first will be entered at first, and then if I don't get enough entries for that category by the deadline, your other works will be submitted.

7. The deadline for submissions is ONE MONTH FROM NOW, October 12th, at 3:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Voting will take place until November 1st and will start at 3:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on October 12th. Because you guys apparently never noticed this contest, I'm expanding the deadline to November 12 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time and voting will take place from just after that deadline to December 1st.

8. Do not post your submissions on this thread. PM me or Ohm-Rice a link so that I can keep things anonymous. Submissions posted on this thread won't count.

9. I totally don't mind more mature fanart/fanfiction, but at least try to keep it PG-13 so that the guild can stay running smoothly.

10. Ten works per category will be accepted, so there will be a total of 20 works to vote on in the end.

Since this is my contest, I'm not entering it. So all of the rest of you better!

Also, someone please teach me how to make a poll here. I have tried before and cannot. It would make voting a lot easier. Thanks.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 am
Prizes!
First prize for both categories will be 10k! So if you win both categories you could get 20k!

Second and Third Prizes will be some fraction of 10k for both categories, either half or a quarter of that amount.

If I end up super poor again, I'll just give out some items that will work out to be worth that much on the Marketplace, okay?
Just as an FYI, part of the reason that the contest's deadline is so far away is so that I can earn enough money for prizes. I post like mad, so I can get enough for the prizes in that time, but it may not be easy for me and bad item donations would be appreciated. I can sell them for minuscule amounts of gold that will add up and will make it easier for me to give you guys awesome prizes. If I get enough, I can even increase the amount that the winners get.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:14 am
Fanart Entries!
None so far!  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 am
Fanfiction Entries!
None so far!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 am
Contest: OPEN!
Feel free to post opinions on this contest, whether you're going to enter or not, and any questions you have now! Anything relevant that isn't an entry is welcome!  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm
Wow, fail, guys. No entries so far. I even have 10k for both first prizes now. Shame on all of you. There is still hope of entering, though. The deadline has not come yet.
EDIT: I also just got a haircut on Gaia for over 9k because OH WHOA HEY NO ENTRIES. I'll earn it back, but still, guys, entries?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:49 am
No entries so far? Really? None? neutral  

Ohm-Rice

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm
Sorry, I didn't notice it, and I don't have a scanner. Fanfics I could do if I had a mind to...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:15 pm
Tay Lorien
Sorry, I didn't notice it, and I don't have a scanner. Fanfics I could do if I had a mind to...

It's okay, but now the contest is over. No entries and over.
But if I got enough entries I may reopen it.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Events and Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items