Reply Adult Furries Guild
Mermaids as furries? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aradia Rosethorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 pm
I'm curious if people consider mermaids and those who identify as mermaids as furries.
I know there's a lot of adversity in the furry community and I'm pretty sure I've heard of merfurrs before. But I don't see them like I see mammalian furries (Cats, Dogs, Foxes, etc)

Do you consider mermaids to be furries?
If so, why. If not, why not?

I've been feline for the longest time but lately I've felt a pull towards identifying as a merfolk.

Thanks all.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:25 pm
I can't see why not.
Werewolves count as furries.
Nekomimis count as furries.
So mermaids should too.
:3

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 pm
Umm, it depends how they are done. If it is just a human upper body with a fish-like lower body then I would not consider anthropomorphism and thus not related to Furry. However if the humanoid upper body had more animal-like appearance, be it that of the fish creature or some other kind of animal, then yes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:27 pm
What Artemis Vulpes said
also it would be really funny to see mermaids in reverse. A dog with a fish head. :'D  

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 pm
Jiti
What Artemis Vulpes said
also it would be really funny to see mermaids in reverse. A dog with a fish head. :'D

Family guy did that. X3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm
DarkWolfLove
I can't see why not.
Werewolves count as furries.
Nekomimis count as furries.
So mermaids should too.
:3

Ah. I happen to agree with you.
I didn't know nekomimis did though. Thats kinda neat.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should explore this calling I have more or not. As to what my fursona would look like (As in how humanistic it'd look) I've yet to figure out.  

Aradia Rosethorn

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:39 pm
Kemonomimi has recently been accepted in the furry community and there are still a few old-schoolers that do not really consider as part of the furry fandom. Japanese furry is a little different than Western style.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:42 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Kemonomimi has recently been accepted in the furry community and there are still a few old-schoolers that do not really consider as part of the furry fandom. Japanese furry is a little different than Western style.

Ah can you list some of the differences?
This is interesting. whee I avoided calling myself a furry for years just because I didn't want to offend the community as I preferred just ears and tail to the full anthro shape.  

Aradia Rosethorn

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:44 pm
Aradia Rosethorn
Artemis Vulpes

Ah can you list some of the differences?
This is interesting. whee I avoided calling myself a furry for years just because I didn't want to offend the community as I preferred just ears and tail to the full anthro shape.

Your character is not what makes you furry hon, let me say that first. I know many many furries without a fursona, or even if they have a persona it is actually human.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 pm
I was told that at is most basic definition a furry was someone with an anthropomorphic persona.

So its about personality, then?

I'm confused here. sweatdrop Sorry, please bear with me.  

Aradia Rosethorn

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 pm
I think those would fall into the "scally" category.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm
You were told wrong, our fursonas are mostly for role playing.

Really all it takes to be a furry is to have a love for the characters and mingle with with other furries.  

Artemis Vulpes

Aradia Rosethorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm
Artemis Vulpes
You were told wrong, our fursonas are mostly for role playing.

Really all it takes to be a furry is to have a love for the characters and mingle with with other furries.

That, I have. 3nodding I have lots of friends who are furries, and I'll admit- I'm fond of them. heart I can't wait to find more here.

Thanks! Things are a lot more clear now.

Any other opinions on the mermaid furry or not topic?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 pm
Well as I said weather or not your character is a fully furry style character or not does not make much difference, I would say you are a person are a furry through and through.

Normal style mermaid I would just classify sub-species of humans.  

Artemis Vulpes

Aradia Rosethorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:07 pm
Ah thanks! I really appreciate your help.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff