Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 am
we all know at least one.
these people dress up in an over abundance of tactical gear that generally serves the user no purpose.

pretty much the civilian version of a geardo

so GGE, any mall ninja sightings in your area?

also,what extent of tactical gear do you have/use/would use in your preferred loadout?

for me,mine would include eye pro,some type heat resistant glove, chest rig for magazines, and maybe a pouch to retain my magazines. nothing really crazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 am
If I had the money for it I'd probably be one of them. sweatdrop

The one thing I really want is a gas mask though. They look really cool but if I get one with readily available filters it can still serve a purpose in every day life. My allergies are pretty bad sometimes.

I don't really know any people who get a bunch of that tacticool crap though.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:01 am
Das Rabble Rouser

The one thing I really want is a gas mask though. They look really cool but if I get one with readily available filters it can still serve a purpose in every day life. My allergies are pretty bad sometimes.

gasmasks can be good for pandemics and junk. chemical attack too.

make sure you buy american or israeli types. those other ones out there suck

i'd have one to keep in the house I suppose justin case..dont think i'd ever carry it with me unless I knew something crazy was happening  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:08 am
For those of you who are unfamiliar of where the origins of the term began, you can read this and laugh your a** off here
Shrine of the Mall Ninja

some quotes....

"I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America’s largest indoor retail shopping areas"

"We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls"

"As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back "
"have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back."

"We were previuosly restricted to .38’s and two Mossberg 500’s with less leathel rounds in them, but when our team saved the life and possibly the virginity of the Mayor’s nephew, there was a special relaxation of the rules made for us"

just thought i'd share this
rofl  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

i'd have one to keep in the house I suppose justin case..dont think i'd ever carry it with me unless I knew something crazy was happening
Yeah I was looking at some gas masks online and the best looking ones I could find were Israeli. I'd like a nice scary looking one so that I can wear it just because to freak people out. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

Yeah I was looking at some gas masks online and the best looking ones I could find were Israeli. I'd like a nice scary looking one so that I can wear it just because to freak people out. xd
its not about looks,lol

sure theres some pretty intimidating ones like the russian skull looking type but they cant really be trusted to work right.

israeli works fine but the best you can probably get for the price is a US m40 series.

another issue can be visibility, there are single lens masks out there that give you a wide field of view  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

its not about looks,lol

sure theres some pretty intimidating ones like the russian skull looking type but they cant really be trusted to work right.
User Image

Not any more.

M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E!

Quote:
israeli works fine but the best you can probably get for the price is a US m40 series.

another issue can be visibility, there are single lens masks out there that give you a wide field of view
Israeli masks are all beyond their guaranteed service life. Most were made in the late 70's and all through the 80's, and have a 30-year lifespan on the rubber. 1980 + 30 = 2010.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:18 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

its not about looks,lol

User Image

Not any more.

M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E!

Quote:

Israeli masks are all beyond their guaranteed service life. Most were made in the late 70's and all through the 80's, and have a 30-year lifespan on the rubber. 1980 + 30 = 2010.
doesnt sound good, theyre at the end of their lifespan then...

US m40 series are newer  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

its not about looks,lol

Yeah I know, but if I'm going to wear it in public to mess with people I want them to feel intimidated. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 pm
Pretty much every dickweed who takes a tactical weapons course that is oriented towards everyday in anything but their everyday wear. Because invariably, that gear that is not everyday wear is usually a full load bearing plate carrier, a zillion magazine pouches, a drop-leg tactical molle platform with a holster on it, and a bunch of other s**t like that.

Ideally? Whatever the ******** I'm issued, which is probably a bunch of pouches stuck on a FLC (molle vest) and a holster if I even get a sidearm. If I had my own choice, a simple chest rig, probably the FLC with some magazine pouches on it, and a simple belt holster with a few magazine pouches for the pistol on the opposite side. But you fight as you train, so you should train as you will fight.  

uryu ishida

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:43 pm
uryu ishida
Pretty much every dickweed who takes a tactical weapons course that is oriented towards everyday in anything but their everyday wear. Because invariably, that gear that is not everyday wear is usually a full load bearing plate carrier, a zillion magazine pouches, a drop-leg tactical molle platform with a holster on it, and a bunch of other s**t like that.

Ideally? Whatever the ******** I'm issued, which is probably a bunch of pouches stuck on a FLC (molle vest) and a holster if I even get a sidearm. If I had my own choice, a simple chest rig, probably the FLC with some magazine pouches on it, and a simple belt holster with a few magazine pouches for the pistol on the opposite side. But you fight as you train, so you should train as you will fight.
+1
I was issued the FLC to wear over my IBA. worked awesome for me.

and generally mall ninjas have never taken a tactical weapons course or have received any kind of training in their life.
what makes them what they are is their so called "need" to dress up in a bunch of "cool guy gear"

they feel like they have to look like a special forces operative just to go shooting  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games