Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Artist Junkyard Chatter and Picture Post Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:56 pm
Artist Junkyard Chatter and Picture Post

Hehehe, the mighty mantis has decided to make a special little chatter area/picture post for all us artistic art-loving furs. I've noticed as of late that we don't really have an art discussion area. Often when one of our wonderful artists show off pieces we can't give all the praise we want out of fear of overwhelming their commission thread with unwanted banter. And so, let there be ligh... I mean an artist discussion area.

This is mainly a thread to talk about the art process, particular pieces, critics, and just random art chatter in general. Like how you found a really neat chair on the side of the road to salvage. (I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing am I? ^.^;; ) Everyone is welcome, but make sure you read the rules of the thread before posting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:00 pm
Rules

1.) Posting of art is allowed however, it must either be your own art or a piece you had commissioned. On occasion if you wish to cite outside work to add to a discussion, you may do so. However, this thread is mainly set up to show off the work you have slaved over or pieces you have gone out of your way to acquire. If it is a commissioned piece make sure you mention who the artist was so there is no confusion. Naturally the bulk of the art shown here will be furry art, however feel free to show non furry art. Make sure you keep all pictures with in the Gaia T.O.S

2.) When showing art feel free to ask what others think. You'll probably get some opinions on it whether you want it or not with this gabby lot. Remember, if you are critiquing a person's piece give helpful advice. You can be honest, but things such as, "That Sucks," will not be accepted. If I see any furs making trouble you will be banned from the thread. Also, remember it is always nice to finish a critic with a positive statement. ^.~

3.) Outside of specifically talking about particular pieces, feel free to talk about technique, ask questions, or hold any other art related discussion.

4.) I reserve the right to add more rules as I deem necessary.

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:06 pm
Weekly Art Challenge

Hmm... whatever could this be for... ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:10 pm
Reserved in case I decide to take over the world twisted

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:12 pm
Reserved in case I fail trying to take over the world and need to try again... xp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:16 pm
-Opens the junkyard gate for any fellow artists.-

It is now safe for everyone to post... or is it... twisted

Krissim Klaw

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:17 pm
lol....Taking over the world, eh? <<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:18 pm
Yep, one paint brush at a time. XD  

Krissim Klaw

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm
Krissim Klaw
But I like pencils better! Can I help?

Okay, here's a question for all you art peoples... how do you draw muzzles (like on dogs and foxes and such) and get them to turn out decently. Mine always look a little wonky. Any tips?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:24 pm
-Rubs claws together-

Well I guess I will get this moving with a picture of my male fursona Aeden. Everyone has probably seen it in my sig but oh well. I don't really consider this piece finished yet. I keep mumbling to myself how I am going to go back and finish with the shading and stuff but I'm a lazy mantis. XP

User Image  

Krissim Klaw

Angel Natavi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:26 pm
I always draw my noses a little pointed. About 85 degrees or less. But only slightly less.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:27 pm
Rigu Ryu

Okay, here's a question for all you art peoples... how do you draw muzzles (like on dogs and foxes and such) and get them to turn out decently. Mine always look a little wonky. Any tips?
I'm terrible at working out perspectives in my mind. My best advice is find a picture of the angle you want and work from that. Or, even better take a pad and draw some real muzzled animals on the spot. Try to visualize it in your mind. When you draw it don't think, oh no the muzzle, but try to see it as just another curve to draw. When you name it in your mind, that takes you out of the drawing state.  

Krissim Klaw

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:28 pm
Rigu Ryu
Krissim Klaw

I'm bad at it too, so my canines are always at a 3/4 angle XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:33 pm
Ah... thanks for the advice Krissim... Now to actually attempt it. *grins*

And I love Aeden's ears... I want ears like that.  

Rigu Ryu

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:41 pm
Rigu Ryu
Ah... thanks for the advice Krissim... Now to actually attempt it. *grins*

And I love Aeden's ears... I want ears like that.
Your Welcome ^.^

And so do I T.T

-Tries to rip them off Aeden's head...

@#$&

-Aeden walks off leaving a dazed, crippled mantis body behind- @.@  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items