Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply Mecha Discussion
Deadliest Mobile Suit week 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 am
Alrighty, guys...Arashi has apparently gotten bored of doing this, and Strider hasn't been online to take his place. So I'll do this week. Hopefully one or both of them will be back in action before too long. This week's contenders are GX-9900 Gundam X, and XXXG-01W Wing Gundam. Two mobile suits quite similar in both form and function. Here's the specs:

(X is in blue, Wing is in red)
Physical Specs
Reactor Output
Unknown, Unknown
Height
17.1m
, 16.3
Net/ Gross Weight
7.5 tonnes/ unknown, 7.1 tonnes/ unknown
Armor Materials
Lunar Titanium frame and armor, Lunar Titanium frame, Gundanium alloy armor

Armament

Fixed Weaponry
Vulcan x4, mounted in chest; Large beam sword, charged in backpack; Small beam saber, charged in shield; Machine Cannon x2, mounted in chest; Vulcan x2, mounted in head; Beam saber x2, charged in shield;
Optional Weaponry
Buster Rifle/ Shield, carried in right hand when in rifle configuration, mounted on left arm when in shield configuration; Vulcan pod x2, mounted on backpack; Shield, mounted on left arm;
Main Weapon
Satellite Cannon, energy output unknown; Buster Rifle, energy output unknown

Strengths
Immensely powerful main weapon, all around good performance in all fields; Powerful main weapon, well-balanced, very durable in mobile suit mode, above-average performance in fighter mode, lighter and faster than Gundam X

Weaknesses
Requires full lunar exposure to charge and fire main weapon, slightly heavier than Wing Gundam; main weapon can only be fired three times

My vote: It's a close one...but I think I'm'a give it to Gundam X, on the grounds that its weaponry is more powerful, and more diverse, making it more adaptable than the Wing Gundam. That, and its effective range is much wider, especially after Wing has exhausted its buster rifle shots.
There won't be a poll...I want you to vote in the comments, and present your viewpoints! That, and I like to know who votes for what. xd Aaaaand...go!

Votes:
Silas Parrish, Javier Cross, Ty Gwynnia, -Hoseki_Takeo-, Gundam Arashi  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 pm
If Heero Yui is still piloting the Wing Gundam for this match, i wish to vote for the Wing Gundam.

The reason why i would suggest the vote, would lie within the case of having a great deal of speed in Waverider mode, in which it turns into a space jet.  

Javier Cross

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:44 pm
Hm, I feel like voting for the Wing this time. =D  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 pm
If i am permitted to add more, once the Wing Gundam manages to get close enough to the Gundam X, then the odds in close-range combat would go either way(Although the main reason i am leaning a bit towards Wing Gundam, is because although the Gundam X has a more efficient beam saber, the Wing Gundam's pretty fast!)  

Javier Cross

Takamiki

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 am
Gundam Wing :3 if Heero piloting i think he is the better pilot the mecha isn't every thing it is also the pilots skills to account for. and the skills can make up for alot of things  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 pm
Considering the piloting skills of the Gundam X's pilot, I believe it goes to Wing. Heero was purpose trained for the suit, while (Yeah, I did forget his name) found Gundam X by accident, and so is not familiar with how the suit works. Much like Turn A with Loran.

And I did not get bored. I've been a bit busy lately, personal business. And Strider asked to take it over, so I agreed, but I am not liking his absence.  

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Its Garrod Ran, who piloted the Gundam X.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm
Javier Cross

Been a while since I have seen it. Reminders are lovely lol  

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Gundam Arashi
Javier Cross

Been a while since I have seen it. Reminders are lovely lol

He might have been reincarnated from Judau Ashta from the Universal Century, who in turn was reincarnated from one of the pilots of the Ideon, from the prequel to the Mobile Suit Gundam Meta-Series, Space Runway Ideon, actually.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:33 pm
I think X is a superior machine, but Garrod is just a bewildered kid, after all. Heero is an un-f*ck-with-able kinda guy. So I guess Heero and Wing win this bout.  

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:57 pm
At least Garrod would most likely put up a spectacular fight, because it would be unlike him if he failed to do so, either way.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:04 am
Javier Cross
At least Garrod would most likely put up a spectacular fight, because it would be unlike him if he failed to do so, either way.
Heero is more to the point, beat them, then go and wait for the next mission. Flashy moves are not necessary. But they are cool.  

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:16 am
Gundam Arashi
Javier Cross
Heero is more to the point, beat them, then go and wait for the next mission. Flashy moves are not necessary. But they are cool.

True enough, as well, Arashi.
Anyone want to make a video for such a fight?  
Mecha Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games