Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
BBCode glitches in guilds [Devs' help needed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:00 pm
Neverending is my love for you, my Earth

Hello,
I believe this is a good place to share my discovery. I know BBCode panel in guilds is still being developed and changed to work just like in main forums but developers might have not noticed some small glitches. There's no special section of Bug Reports forum to let the staff know about problems with guilds/clans.

These are all problems I've experienced so far:

> Closing the 'align' ('center', to be more precise) and 'code' commands automaticly cancel the 'color] command for the further part of the text. The font is shown black even though it should still be coloured.
> Youtube doesn't work at all. I know it used to work perfectly fine in guilds, what happened?
> Images used as links (ImgMap) are shown as non-existent when they are hosted by Photobucket. What's strange, they are visible when used asa a simple image without any links behind.

I've checked these on Opera and Google Chrome browsers.

I'd be grateful if the problem was fixed. These problems may seem small but they totally ruin guides we've posted in our guild.

More and more each day your greatness speaks to me
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 am
x_X I cannot read your text.

edit: now I can *reads through*  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:31 pm
Quote:

> Closing the 'align' ('center', to be more precise) and 'code' commands automaticly cancel the 'color] command for the further part of the text. The font is shown black even though it should still be coloured.

Okay I can vouch for this. Yesterday I was working on re-vamping my rules and regulations thread because I had to do something cause my guild was getting a bit rediculous. (don't ask)

B( I do like this fixed. I'm OCD and it does get irritating..( very badly )  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm
Purple-eyed Dreamer
Neverending is my love for you, my Earth

Hello,
I believe this is a good place to share my discovery. I know BBCode panel in guilds is still being developed and changed to work just like in main forums but developers might have not noticed some small glitches. There's no special section of Bug Reports forum to let the staff know about problems with guilds/clans.

These are all problems I've experienced so far:

> Youtube doesn't work at all. I know it used to work perfectly fine in guilds, what happened?
> Images used as links (ImgMap) are shown as non-existent when they are hosted by Photobucket. What's strange, they are visible when used asa a simple image without any links behind.

I've checked these on Opera and Google Chrome browsers.

I'd be grateful if the problem was fixed. These problems may seem small but they totally ruin guides we've posted in our guild.

More and more each day your greatness speaks to me
User Image

thanks for pointing this out. i was pulled away on another project. now i'm back to fixing stuff smile i'm not very familiar with the bbcode editor, but i'll ask around and see what can/needs to be done!  

diversaurus

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:01 am
Woot! Thanks ;D  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 am
diversaurus
thanks for pointing this out. i was pulled away on another project. now i'm back to fixing stuff smile i'm not very familiar with the bbcode editor, but i'll ask around and see what can/needs to be done!

Hail, o' great liege of the ancient woods, ruler of the deepest forest...

Thank you so much and sorry to reply so late.
The problem still occurs, however. I hope this is fixable ;3

The Ravens are on the wings!
User Image  

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 am
I hope this gets fixed too. I really love how versatile the code is in forums, and you can do so many pretty things with it, easily. But if you want to do something like that in guilds, it's just a huge pain. Especially if you want or tags. It screws everything up.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games