Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
what everyday thing would you miss?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what everyday thing would you miss?
  we all have things we take for granted
  but if they were gone we would miss them
  some obvious things would be eyes
  teeth
  trees
  even my parents' smelly old dog
  what would YOU miss?
View Results

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:55 am
i realized that i take a lot of things for granted.

i couldn't find my favorite boots, and my day was ruined, and then they turned up, and it was like finding a long lost friend!

so it made me stop and consider, what things do i take for granted that i'd be sorry to lose?

as it turns out, i have a rather long list, but i'd like to see your choices.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 am
My iPod, a window, my computer, my phone  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am
yes, windows mean more than we think.

we live, my man and i, in a long loft. there are windows at front and back, four rooms apart, but in between there is only one little one square foot thing.

it gets gloomy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:41 pm
My dogs, texting, the internet  

Catherine of Aragon

Christophero55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:52 pm
That special compfy warmth you feel in your bed just before you must regretfully leave it for the day.

A nice hot shower and the smell of Irish Spring soap.

Kona Coffee with two sugars and creme

Breakfast: My favorite meal.

Sunlight (esspecially missed in winter)

You know what...this is just a list of everything from my day....I dont want to lose ANY of it lol  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:22 am
Hmm. Toilets, modez, aspirin, basic civil rights! These are the reasons I'd never wanna live before the year 1985.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 pm
Everyday things would be like the ability to freely go on my own computer (though I guess I would miss eyesight more than Gaia Online because you need eyesight to see the screen of the computer that is on Gaia Online!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:08 pm
i had a dream where my teeth were starting to fall out.
i could actually feel it ... like when you lose your first teeth when you're just a kid.
it was a terrifying experience.  

archenteron

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm
Ooh, I know just what you're talking about, archenteron. I've had that dream before. I've also had dreams in which I lose hair, or even my eyebrows!

I think the things I'd miss most would be things we find very basic. Not an iPod or computer, but just plain electricity and indoor plumbing! I'd hate to have to use an outhouse in the dead of winter, or read by candlelight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm
my high school time...
I should have enjoyed it more crying  

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

The Sycamore Lady

8,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm
I would miss all my everyday things, they make my routine; morning coffee, iPod, even my bracelets and bangles, but I do go through bouts where I am forced to give up things. I lived abroad for a year in a country with terrible coffee, spent the past six months without a television, once spent two weeks without internet access, and I even washed my phone a time and was left without for a few days.

At first you can feel it like a gap in your routine or a loss of comfort. You're irritable and bereft - it's like letting go of an addiction - but I have also noticed that with things like TV and internet and cell phone, there is after awhile a lightness at being rid of it. Kind of like a purge, and even now I sometimes spend a week just, without, to know what it feels like. Some things I do not think we need be so dependent on. There are many things we take for granted that we do not need at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:32 pm
I know a lot of everyday things I would miss. There's too many to list in my post.  

TJ Moon

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm
i see Christophero and Dreamescapist both would miss morning routines...even to the drastic extent of leaving that lovely warm bed!

i can identify with that, mm, hm...i would even miss feeding the cats and dog, and that is saying a great deal, since they fight each other for all the food.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:53 pm
My bed, my internet, my toilet, my body, my school, friends, family, books, lights, summertime, empty swimming pools, water slides, music, tennis, food, Grape juice (the purple kind), Juice in general, gloves, nailpolish, makeup, flat irons, cell phone, jackets, eye drops, contacts, gum, clocks or any timetelling device, crayons/pencils/paint, paper, fashionable comfy-clothes, Sims3, my lightsaber, my boots, toilet paper, hot showers, my school's chicken fried steak meal, the Japanese, high heels, Libraries, hair brushes, even combs makes the list. I'm just getting warmed up, but I'll stop terrorizing you now :3  

Cecanian Alpha

6,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 am
i just realized...

i would miss this guild!!

i was away for awhile and when i cam back, i could not find you!

crying crying crying crying

but a helpful person on Q&A sent me here!

For some reason, you were no longer listed among "my guilds"....i wonder why that was?  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games