Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Merry the Chimera (Monster) accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLMENT FORMUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Merry
Nicknames: Merry-Girl

Faction/Race Monster; Chimera

natural ability: Merry can shift back and forth between her anthropomorphic form and her feral form.

Personality:
~ And here we see the wild Chimera in her natural environment Merry isn't normal, not by any means. She's got a veritable melting pot of species from which she was made, and all those many bits have colored her mind, her habits, and her behavior. She was made from the genes of animals, and humanity was an afterthought.

She has the curiosity of a bird, a scarlet macaw to be exact, and doesn't seem to have many personal boundaries. If something interests or intrigues her she'll do all in her power to figure it out. Speaking tactlessly, or invading the hell out of your personal space in the process should the need arise.

She seeks out the warmth and companionship of others, whether they like it or not, and is just stubborn and hot headed enough to not take no for an answer.

~ Are you gunna eat that? I would be cautious to putting anything of value in front of this girls mouth when she's hungry. Not only will you loose it, but you might pull you hand back a few digits short. She has a veracious appetite, and an abnormally quick metabolism, no doubt the result of having been made, rather then born.

Not only does he have a bottomless pit for a belly, but she has an insanely broad palette. All the various critters that went into her creation have different diets, and Chimera seems to enjoy them all. She may prefer food of a bloodier fair, but she's quite happy with a handful of carrot sticks.

~You and me baby ain't nothing by mammals.. With all those natural instincts in there mucking about, complications are bound to spring up. Her attractions to others seems to suffer in a most peculiar manner. If she likes you, then she likes you, but how she expresses that attraction is subject to change depending on.. well, many things. She may try to court you like a bird one day, or a lion the next. Any odd mating instincts from her grab bag of genetics could show itself.

An another note. Because not all of the poor beauties that went into her were female, she seems to have taken on the habits of not only the softer gender, but also the males. If another girl is honing in on her turf or her male, Merry would be more then happy to lay the smack down and wreck a b***h. She doesn't like her things being mussed about with, and can come off as jealous when it's more a territorial case.

Why did they enroll at the academy? Merry was sent to the academy by her guardian so she may learn from the best of the best. What limited skills she already possess need honing, and the dormant abilities that still lay untapped need to be harnessed and controlled. She'll find that and more within the grounds of the academy. Perhaps even a little discipline along the way.. fat chance of that.

Fear:
Tainted Fang: Merry's bite has a burn effect that proves very bothersome/painful.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm
Fixed things pointed out by Liz and moved all info to top post.

(Phone edits, fun times.)

lizbot

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 pm
More Art!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
By Scy

By Sejael By Miyokoshi By Me By Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 am
Who's too cool for you? The Ghoul is too cool for you.

------

Her name is cute and she's a potential food source. You've already won me over on that aspect <3

In regards to the curiosity of a macaw - does she has the smarts of one as well? What is her level of intelligence? Is she par with an average human, or she more animalistic? Is she prone to flights of fancy?

I LOVE HER mating desires. That is all I have to say about that XD.

I was going to be confused over her diet and stuff, but since you said she's made entirely from DNA and not actually parts I can assume a bit more and give more leeaway.

FEAR looks good, but what Venom does she focus on the most or can she do all three at her current level? If so, how weak would they be (to ensure she's not overpowered)? It's good that you've given the levels of use as well, but ....

Her natural ability seems to be pretty fun and not too powerful for her. Basically you can almost just say that she's genetically better from her make-up and leave it at that. I do love the weakness you've given for it though as it's a good balance to having something like mild super powers. Has she ever had a crash from trying too hard?

orz I would have liked this to be longer but she's looking pretty solid in her likes and dislikes and basic personality. You might want to flesh out anything she does in her spare time, hobbies perhaps other than bothering people. You've made some mention of what gets under her skin, but is there anything else?

You reason for coming to school mentions discipline. Please elaborate on why this is needed!

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Arrien

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 am
Crit~

Mainly, I'm really uncertain about the name on this one. If this was going to be the only character of her kind, I'd think it could be cute to name her after her species - but there's no guarantee of that. In fact, I could readily see another Chimera student popping up over time, if only because it's a race where it's really easy to make unique combinations of creatures for a cool-looking character. If you aren't attached to the name to such a degree that there's no help for it, try asking yourself: What is it that you're trying to communicate with it? That her creator was uncreative? How can you get a name that would still communicate that, but be less likely to cause confusion in-game if there happens to be another one of her kind around (or even if there's just a need to differentiate between her own name and species)? One way would be to make some amalgamation of a name based on the creatures that went into making her, for example.

I'm also not certain about her FEAR. The way it's built right now seems really strong; the first one is reasonable, but then it grows a bit out of control. Even with the restrictions you placed on them, it seems like they're roughly at the level I'd expect from a student graduating from the school - not someone just walking in. What you might consider doing is to have her only be able to produce one poison for now, and then giving her additional poisons as she advances in stages, along with the ability to produce more quality poison.

The natural ability makes sense, though I'm not sure if you actually need to use it on what you're using it for. Just like it's been stated that any creature with wings should be able to fly without it being stated in a natural ability, you might not have to apply her natural ability to these inherent ideas. Check with a GM about it; it could be fun to find something else to play around with here, if they give you a green light for assuming certain things.

Hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:42 am
I've been meaning to comment on your quest for like forever but I can never think of anything useful to say because I love her all so much XD

Finally thought of a suggestion though! >o> Silly little useless suggestion, but "Chim" (pronounced "Kim") Might be a cute nickname. X) PEACE OUT BEST OF LUCK I love this chick D:< She's rainbowy and hot and will spit acidic venom in your face. Always a plus. biggrin  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 am
Bumping to better keep track of this thread. x.x  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 am
Another bump so I don't misplace it. ^^  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 am
Aw yeah, let's get this party started!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm
Enroll pert:

FEAR attack will need to be picked- I'm going to guess that it hasn't been edited in a while b/c it has all the caveat things and stuff that wouldn't apply/work any longer. rofl

Race: I contacted maru to make sure creation method is still viable and it is! She said that: Overtime animal parts mutant with FEAR. Animal parts that rot in the human world end up coming back in halloween. I'm not sure if that'll effect your backstory or not.

Other: Due to wording, personality wise she seems very one sided if not kind of flat- 'she's animal' might say a lot about her habits but doesn't give a lot into her traits outside of them. You have her traits and I can see them, but by blanketing them under the banner of 'animal things' they are rather lost and lessened. Try to pull her personality traits to the front, (stubborn, curious, greedy, tactless, etc). And push the 'because animals' to the back. By having this huge one color brush I'm given one side of her and little else when I know she's got to be more than that. If you can, remove the reasoning and provide each trait and how it plays into interactions.

IE: She is extremely curious to the point she can and will invade personal space. While she finds nothing wrong with this, she lacks the social skills, (and education), to understand why being that nosy isn't so welcomed. If pushed back/away she does (X), and upon getting an answer she'll do (y). In being so curious, she learns, which is exactly what set set out to do by being that nosy- find an answer.
^Her animal behavior is still there, but the focus being less of the why she acts and more how she acts with others in certain ways is what overall helps people understand a character better.

Beejoux

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:33 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm
The backlog of enrollment forms was a mess, and in finding the papers with 'rainbow' and 'chimera', it was given to the acceptance bin which promptly began to struggle to accept such a colorful paper after so long without.

Beejoux

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items