Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
My Alien Abduction Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 am
So, I was working on a project for personal satisfaction or whatever you want to call it, where one of my sims gets abducted by aliens, and they perform many expiraments on him. I started months ago (or that's what it seems like anyway, I'm not sure exactly what month I started in). Anyway, when I first started he lived in the apartments (I have all EPS and SPS except Bon Voyage, Holiday Stuff, and Glamor Life Stuff now), with a good witch named Lily (actually before he lived with her). His name is Hail, and please don't take my ideas for my sims, as I have characters based off of them (I either base sims off my characters, or I make sims based on characters I'm considering having usually, aside from carefully created sims for owning businesses). If you want to read the stories, they can be found on my website in the "Writings" section, but he never really gets abducted by aliens, and the story project is unfinished. I mean, I have a couple stories written already, but I plan on making it a series of stories.

Anyway, so he got abducted by aliens by chance, and unfortunately, he got pregnant. I guess it always happens. he had the baby and he kept it. Later on I eventually had them move to a big house that I created for them, and I spent HOURS trying to get him abducted, seriously. I finally get him abducted, and I fail to record it. Fortunately, I managed to record the aliens throwing him back.

I had to wait even more hours (spending days on it) for him to have the baby. Thankfully, I managed to record the alien baby floating around his head. I wanted there to be twins, but I wasn't sure if it would create a zoomed in video, so I just let him have one. By then, I had put together a room in the house that (hopefully) looked like the interior of an alien spaceship. I used a lot of things that could look like items to perform expiraments, especially those rewards like the lie detector, the cowplant (to look like an alien project in the works or already finished, or an alien pet species or something), and that...other thing that looks like some sort of sauna sort of thing. Anyway, after he had the baby, I set his underware to be a towel and I put him in some of the machines, but unfortunately, he was the smartest guy there, so nobody could teach him the lie detector, so it wouldn't look like he was being interrogated, so I used the boolprop spawn cheat to spawn an item that would cause him to lose all of his intelligence, and then I recorded and waited...waited for him to be electrocuted.

I tried adding other things. I wanted so badly for there to be robots, but my robot making sim was taking too long to create a servo, so I gave up and decided to put the video together without it. I had created one, but by then I got most of the footage that I wanted.

Anyway, funny story. I kept trying to get him abducted, and I forgot that he would be wearing his outerware clothes, because it was winter, instead of his every day clothes, so when I finally got him abducted, he wasn't wearing the same clothes as the rest of the video!

Anyway, I asked someone for a song about alien abductions, and he asked someone else, and found one, and while the lyrics actually WORK, the actual sound of the music, the loudness and such, I don't think it does, but it was all I had to work with that fit enough.

I'm satisfied enough to move on and work on other sims videos and not try to go back to this one, for the most part.

I'd appreciate it if some people checked it out, and maybe let me know what you think of it (although I don't plan to redo it).

Here it is, Hail's Abduction.

If you want to check out the other two that I have up, they're a little bit closer to how my characters really behave, interact, and their life stories. Again, please don't take my ideas or characters sad .

An Old one, reuploaded.

A New one  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:30 am
Thanks Duke Von Schnozz for the sprites
User Image

~
I think its pretty good. Would have thought that the inside of a ship would look more metallic, but thats all up to each ones own interpretation.

Im envious, as I wish I had the skills to put something like that together.
~
User Image

Gabriella Ellenor

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:17 am
Thank you very much ^^. I tried to go for a metalic look ><:. Ah well.

Hm, maybe you do. Have you tried? I also had to download A LOT of custom content for my videos. Most of the custom content that shows on my videos though are clothes, hair, eye, and skin colors. I usually can get by with the maxis furniture, poses, actions, etc.

If you want to check out a sims music video creator with some real skill, you should look up Jaydee ^^.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 pm
User Image

~
Im just now working on getting static poses/pictures for stories. Im no where near ready for videos yet. sweatdrop

Being kind of late to the game of custom content doesnt help either, as I have alot of ideas of what I think would be cool... but cant find what I need to make it, or people with the time to help me. D=
~
User Image

Gabriella Ellenor

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Rona055

Lonely Phantom

29,615 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:47 am
I love your videos it was interesting to see aliens from your point of view.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 am
@Rona055: Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. I don't really think of aliens like that though. I do believe that there are other creatures/beings/people on other planets, but I think they're different, and probably stay away from us for the most part, if not all the time. I also think they're so intelligent that they don't need to do expiraments on us and that they're not hostile. Those are my "real" views on aliens ^_^.

@Gabriella Ellenor: Well, I'm not very good at making custom content, but maybe I could try to help you find some. Do you have any picture references or can you describe what you'd like? I also know some cheats that can help get rid of things like the thought bubbles.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Gabriella Ellenor

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm
User Image

~
Speech and thought bubbles would be nice to get rid off some times.

Currently, its just random odds and ends stuff that I desire for what ever family/story Im working on. Like currently... I have an 'Addams Family' obsession, so I want to stick them in. Just havent found quite the right outfits for them all. <.<

Meh, I can just keep distracting myself with my makeovers and random story about the Maxis sims.
~
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:27 pm
Well, to get rid of the thought and speech bubbles, you use:

showheadlines off

in the cheat box.

The negative side to that is, at least for me, when I first use it on the lot, the little side things like when people come back from work with promotions and warnings to take care of your children before the social worker comes don't seem to want to work, but when I leave the lot and go back, or have sims leave the lot and go back, I think they work again, and the showheadlines cheat still works.

As for the Addams Family stuff, I liked some of their movies, but I'm not so interested that I really care to have my sims look like them, but maybe you could try searching for them, whether by Addams Family or by individual name on Modthesims and maybe The Sims Resource and thesims2.com. I'm not sure what you'll find, as I haven't looked any up myself, but maybe you can find something.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Gabriella Ellenor

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm
User Image

~
Already looked, found nothing of interest. But thats alright. Just got to piece them together one by one. xP

Interesting. Will have to use that now for my pictures.
~
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:24 pm
Well, I hope it goes well.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff