Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
What makes a guild REALLY WORK?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nights-Rune

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:13 pm
I have been struggling on my own (and with little results) to keep my guild active and fun.

It is about unity and community. The ideas we had are sound and we were really active and brilliant for a while.

However people seemed to just fizzle out. sad

Any ideas for me?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 pm
Keep holding special events and contests for them and make sure your announcements are to the point. Can I have a link? I'm just a tiny bit interested o3o

My guild is about getting together so I think that makes it a little different from other guilds. But holding events every weekend brings in new people every week.

Do you have an advertisement thread somewhere?

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 am
Almost every month I put up an event to keep the people entertained. For example- I just put on a subforum for events only so that way it doesn't clutter up the main page. Just direct users to the event subforum and you got all kinds of things going on so you do not have to bored all the time.
Just yesterday, I wrote a note to my guild saying they not be active cause they know the captain is gone. So I got onto them because I've heard about it from my vice captain. So after being in the middle of nowhere in kentucky for 2 months, i come back an finally put in my 10 cents in.

And yeah that's how you get active with your guild. You better get onto your members. They need some discipline- give it to em.

Put that -umph- into the guild and you'll keep progressing. My guild is 2 years old. =]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:25 pm
There is a link in my signature but i can post one up if needed. I have tried holding contests and its not worked... sweatdrop  

Nights-Rune

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:35 pm
Yeah, they don't always grab interest, but make sure they're well-advertised and simple. All my complex contests received diddly. But being that your place is about unity and all, you could hold balls and things. Maybe they can be held in the Chatterbox or in Barton Town (since there's a roleplaying aspect about it).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 am
Events definitely help. It's the members, really. You have to keep them entertained. Make friends with as many as you can. Hang out in your advertising thread, or somewhere else, with some of them. Ask them what they want. One of the guilds I'm in did that, and we got a lot of ideas for events; ones that the members would actually participate in. :3  

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
This time of year is tough, and so is exam time. Events help a lot, contests are the best to get people motivated. And one of the ways to get the guild active- have special posting contests- but be sure to have prizes for these. I had one on another guild that sparked 10pages of posts in 3 days. Not bad.. Got people posting again!  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games