Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Religion help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 pm
I need advice :/ I've been pretty spiritual my whole life, but that changed a lot. Last winter I went through some really hard stuff. I'm much better now but I feel like I've lost the ability to believe in any Gods. I feel strange without having a religious identity anymore, and whatever I do I can't connect back with it. Help me?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 pm
Not all religions have gods- so maybe one of them might work for you.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:01 pm
You can't- and shouldnt- force yourself to believe in something. it's like you're lying to yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 pm
It's hard to lose something that we once held so dear, and I sympathize completely. I've been in a similar place lately, though it's not so much that I don't believe, it's just that the connections that I used to feel aren't there anymore. Though in truth, I think a lot of it is due to depression issues, rather than that they are truly gone. I sometimes feel like - I can barely hear myself think, so how can I expect to hear my Gods (if that makes any sense).

At this point, as Kitsy said - don't feel like you need to force anything. Take your time, keep reading things that you have an interest in, and hopefully at some point, you will start to feel like getting back into things. If not, as Esiris mentioned, there are paths that do not relate specifically to Gods, so it may be that one of them is a better fit.  

ncsweet
Crew

dradenlovelorne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:35 am
give yourself a gift, and that gift will come back to you. Make yourself happy, and that happiness will spread around you. Focus your life, and your life, and your Goddesses/Gods will focus around you.

Your not lost. Record your dreams and listen to what things around yourself are telling you. It'll all sort out  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games