Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Anime Discussion
What should I watch next?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamemylove

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:43 am
So... I've been out of the anime loop for a while... Almost a year, actually. What should I watch next? Movies or series are fine.

To give you an idea of the type of anime I like, I'm not a big fan of fighting anime (such as, DBZ, Naruto, Bleach), but I really like romance (like Ceres:Celestial Legend), & I tend to really like anime made for teen girls, like Sailor Moon (subtitled, not dubbed) & younger audiences (I love Kiki's Delivery Service & Card Captors).
I really liked Gantz because it made me think, & I like anime that requires effort to understand or makes you think. I'm also a huge Gunslinger Girl fan, but I'm not sure what category that would fall into.

I'm open to any suggestions.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:19 am
Plenty of good stuff out there. If you're buying or watching legally on Hulu, the official You-Tube Funimation channel, or any other number of legitimate places I might suggest a few titles. However, if you're like most, a thieving freeloader, then why not just watch the industry die, because of you and your like? It's always on, after all.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

YO YO MAMA_1987

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 am
@Matasoga - Don't you think that was a little uncalled for?

@Flame - I'm not much of an anime watcher, however, have you seen Akira? It's from the 80's, so it's kind of dated, but it's a classic. Not as graphic as Gantz (from what I hear, I haven't seen it) but it definitely makes you think - I watched it several times in the same sitting to make sure I understood it all.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:22 am
YO YO MAMA_1987
@Matasoga - Don't you think that was a little uncalled for?

No. You'll note that I said nothing rude to her if she is watching legitimately. If she is not, then she is not only breaking the law, but she is also part of the cancer that is bankrupting anime studios left and right.
Honestly, I hope that she is a legitimate viewer. It gladdens my heart and gives me hope to see others like me. If not, then I don't care about her feelings, as she is engaging in behavior that is criminal and unethical in the extreme and highly worthy of reprimand.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Flamemylove

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 pm
YO YO MAMA_1987
@Flame - I'm not much of an anime watcher, however, have you seen Akira? It's from the 80's, so it's kind of dated, but it's a classic. Not as graphic as Gantz (from what I hear, I haven't seen it) but it definitely makes you think - I watched it several times in the same sitting to make sure I understood it all.

I haven't seen Akira. I'll have to look that up. Thanks so much!  
Anime Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games