chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:49 pm
User Image

Zaina had been wandering around for hours and still she had not broken a sweat. To her this new land was amazing and full of wonder! Why hadn't she discovered it earlier when she was a cub? If only she had known how small a part the pridelands were, maybe just maybe she would have started exploring earlier. As she pasted each tree and each rock her eyes lite up with wonder. Though inside she knew she couldn't dwell on the past, for right here and now was all that mattered!

So as she pounced across the land she looked for anyone she may be able to ask. For now she was on a mission to see just how big this land truely was. Was there other prides she was unaware of? Other cultures she could explore? All the what if blazed through her head as she came to hault. With all her wondering, she had wandered into the middle of no where or so she thought.

Having had her mind wander so much, she had forgotten to keep up with which way she had gone. So quickly she looked around her, nothing looked familiar! So quietly she stood there with a lost look on her face, wondering what to do next...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 pm
User Image

Grey eyes remained locked on the white male's paws as he pit-patted through the trees. Frankly, it was a miracle he had not run into anything yet, but he was far too preoccupied to really care anyway.

Sebahive was bored... and lonely. It was his own fault, when he stopped to think about it. His plan was to avoid his fellow pride members until his headaches wore off, but as time went on... it was only getting worse. He sighed in aggravation, ears flattened against his head and brow furrowed in thought. To add to this, he discovered that he was beginning to talk to himself, which could not be a good sign. He needed to get away. Not far, obviously, but perhaps he would explore his home more, now that he wasn't constantly under his mother's supervision.

Thus the reason he was out here now, wandering aimlessly through the trees.

His ear twitched at a sound nearby, too loud to be a small animal, and when he looked up, he stared blankly at the sight of another lion - scratch that, lioness - standing a ways ahead of him. He blinked slowly, inwardly sighing, and noted that she seemed lost, judging by the look on her face. Head tilting to the side, he took in her black fur and was vaguely reminded of a few of his siblings, the only other people he knew with such dark coloring.

At that point, it finally clicked that she wasn't familiar and looked lost, as if she wasn't supposed to be here. His eyes widened and he clumsily flopped himself down to the ground in a hurried attempt to hide himself behind something. He had never encountered someone outside of his pride before. Heck, he barely even interacted with the newcomers who actually WERE a part of his pride. Uneasy now, the juvenile eyed her from afar.

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:28 pm
The more she thought about where she was the more lost she became. Her mind began to wonder if she'd ever find her way or if she'd be lost out here in the middle of nowhere forever. "Aw ... man I have no idea where I'm at," Zaina finally said outloud as she flopped on to the ground. Though she was still very happy to be away from her homeland. She really wished she'd have asked directions before she crossed the border. Then maybe just maybe she'd at least know whos territory she was in. Since even though she wanted to meet new people and lands, she wanted to meet them on a good note...

In her head she knew worrying wouldn't do her any good for she'd still be lost, so she took one deep breath in and out. "All I have to do is be calm," she reminded herself outlound under her breath, "I can't be that lost. Now which way did I come from again?" As she began to think she realized the last thing she remembered was a tree from two hours ago. Something that really probably wouldn't help her now seeing as how far she'd already come. Though that didn't matter the fact is she remembered something and that was a start she thought with a smile!

As she began to think of ways to find her way again, she stopped at the sound of a noise. The noise sounded like someone was trying to hide or maybe play a game of some sort. The possiblities were endless to what the person who made the sound might be doing. As she stood there thinking about the noise like a curious cub she suddenly had a realization! That noise could be just what she needed! If someone was out here they must know something of the land be it another lion or a friendly bird. So she began to look around the area where she stood hoping to catch a glimpise of the noise maker, though she saw nothing.

"Hello...? If anyone is out there I was wondering could you give me directions?" she yelled as loud as she could with slight nervous-ness showing in her voice. She wasn't nervous to the fact that she might have just made a mistake, but that she might be being rude.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 am
Sebahive cursed repeatedly in his head as he realized that his hopes of going unnoticed were snipped to pieces. Looking back on this moment later, he would come to the conclusion that diving to the ground - no matter how similar in color his fur was to the snow - was probably not the best of ideas as it was likely the reason she noticed him. Right now, though, he was debating over what to do. Habit made him want to run, especially considering how this was a complete stranger, but curiosity made him pause. Granted, it was very small and easily ignorable, but still there. He was, after all, still a very young lion.

His tail flicked briefly before he could stop it moving, and he could not help but give the black figure a flat look. She wasn't worried at all over whoever it was hiding in the shadows, was she?

'Well, she is young. She probably doesn't know any better.'

He mentally shook off the voice, and continued observing. Perhaps lions outside of his pride were friendlier or something? Obviously by her question, she had no idea where she was or, likely, anything about his pri-

Seb froze, brow furrowing as he considered that thought. She wouldn't know anything about his pride... and hopefully would never meet any of them. So anything that might... happen... would never reach their ears. Plus, as much as he tried to deny it, it was a rather lonely existence, hiding away from everyone - and she did look like she needed directions.

'Maybe... just this once.....'

Carefully, a snow flecked, black-hooded, white head lifted slightly up and gray eyes peeked out at her.

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm
Zaina looked closer towards where she had heard the noise come from. "I guess I was just imagining things..." she started to think. If she was maybe she need to leave but then again what if she wasn't? So just as she was about to take a step in the other direction, something in head told her she needed to look back. So she slowly began to turn her head back in the direction of the area where the noise and come from. As soon as she turned her head she was excepting to just see a empty spot. Though this time she was no longer looking at an empty spot. Instead she was looking straight into a pair of grey eyes, that looked almost like they were peaking out at her?!

For once she didn't know what to say or really do. So she just did the first thing that felt right, and that was to jump back slighty out of surprise.
It took her a minute to get herself back together, though once she did she said slightly nervously but,"Oh my ... you surprised me...I... I'm sorry if I'm being rude or intruding on your lands or anything. I'm kinda new to the lands, prides, and where everything starts and ends."

Then just as she finished speaking it hit her, maybe he knew where she was at and could give her some directions! "I know this will sound like a silly question, but do you know where I am at right now?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 am
Sebahive observed the other lion as she spoke, his ear twitching as he realized that, had he stayed hidden, he would have gotten out of this confrontation unnoticed, but the deed was done. She had seen him already... and he had to admit. He did want to... try being around others for once, without having to worry about his visions being discovered.

So, with that thought in mind, he slowly scooted himself a few steps closer and then inched up into a sitting position. He watched her speak, opened his mouth to answer back and then froze. Was it alright to talk about his pride with a stranger? He had never encountered a situation like this before....

Well, what could just a little information hurt? It's not like they'd get into a discussion over his pride's politics or where their den was or some such nonsense.

Mentally reminding himself to give only the basics, Seb nodded and hesitantly said,
"Y-y-you..." He paused to clear his throat, a little embarrassed by how quiet it was from disuse. "You're in the Intaba'umbikezeli lands." He stopped to consider what to say next, as his curiosity got the better of him. "Where are you from?"

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:13 am
As the new person came into view, Zaina was shocked by what she saw come into view. It was definitely not half what she had expected to see. It was what looked to be someone close to her age, and he had such amazing markings. At first she had no idea what to say, and instead just positioned herself in a sitting position across from him. She made sure she was a good enough distance though so that she didn't scare him. Though if they were going to talk being in a good sitting position probably was a good idea, and her feet were kind of tired from all the walking she had been doing lately.

As she listened to him speak he seemed kinda cute, though he did seem nervous which only added to his cuteness at least to her. So she just smiled kindly and said, "Oh I don't think I've ever heard of the Intaba'um-bik-eze-li lands before. What kind of creatures live there?" As soon as she said that she cocked her head to the right out of curiousity. "Oh and I'm from the pridelands. Though I don't really fit in there very well," she admitted before realizing she totally forgot to give her name, "I'm Zaina by the way!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 am
Sebahive blinked at her words. Never heard of... well, come to think of it, it made sense that she wouldn't know about his pride, considering how he didn't know anything about the other prides, bar that they existed out there somewhere. As for creatures... he paused again, mid-thought. 'What kinds of creatures live in the other prides?' He had never heard of that before. He considered it for a moment longer, before realizing that he should probably answer back. "Uhm... lions, mostly. I think I saw a group of cheetahs once... Some smaller ones, like rabbits and maned wolves." He shrugged, "Most everything, I think." Not that that was saying much. He didn't really know what else existed outside of his pride. "What about your pride? What's there?"

He stopped again, his tail flicking over to curl over his paws, "And I'm Sebahive." He cocked his head to the side, mirroring her a bit. "Why don't you fit in?"

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 am
"Oh wow thats awesome," Zaina said with excitement showing in her eyes. The only creatures she had ever met were lions, a cheetah cub, but never before had she ever met a rabbit or Maned wolves. Deep in her mind she began to wonder what exactly they might look like. First she picture something small with small ears, but that picture didn't really seem to fit in her mind. "I've never seen a rabbit or maned wolf before. Are they nice?" she asked not even realizing how strange her questions were. "Well ... in my pride there is just lots and lots of lions. I never saw much of anything else there." In all truth she never even saw that may lions there. Sometimes she would wonder did anyone really live in her pride?

"Well its Nice to meet you Sebahive," she said with a smile before extending her Paw towards his. The next thing he asked she wasn't at first sure if she should answer. Though she decided she was going to finally admit the one thing she never told anyone before,"...and well everyone there is so lightly colored at the least the ones I met and me well I'm so black. One look at my fur and you can see the difference between me and everyone else there. I kinda stick out like a sore thumb."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:00 am
Sebahive blinked at her words. Never seen a rabbit or a maned wolf? But surely she has at least... well, wait. You can't really meet someone who has already become... dinner. What she continued with, though, gave him a better idea of why she hadn't really encountered anyone like that. Granted, his was mainly made up of lions too, but there were a few other animals among them. 'I guess her pride doesn't have familiars then.' Pushing that thought to the side, he nodded slowly, "The ones I've met," read: observed from afar, "were nice."

Her next words caused his ears to flatten against his head. It sounded lonely... and familiar. He frowned a bit at that thought, but when he thought about it, it did make sense. His pride was made up almost entirely of white lions. 'I wonder if Castor or Nkiruka ever feel lonely for how they look...' Perhaps, but he wasn't sure if that was a topic to broach with them.

However, the familiar feeling that he had seemed more... personal, but he wasn't sure where it was coming from. He had been feeling lonely lately... and with that, it hit him. His gaze fell down to his paws at the realization, before he glanced back up at her. She had told him about her problems... and he already decided that their conversation would likely never reach his pride's ears.

Still unsure if he should mention his own problems in return, as well as a little confused over why she was holding her paw out to him, he hesitantly reach his paw out,
"... I think I understand. My pride is like that fur-wise too." He paused here to bite at the tip of his tongue, "It normally wouldn't be that much of a problem for me, cause of my fur, but... well, at least they can stay in the pride, despite their differences." That last part had been muttered rather bitterly and he froze up just a tiny bit.

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm
She gently took his paw and shook it as a hello greeting. Before she placed it back on the ground to keep her balance. "Really? They were?" Zaina replied her eyes were shining with curiousity. Part of her really wanted to find out what these creatures were like. Maybe they weren't much different then her, and who knew maybe they were even a little bigger. The possibilities were endless, that much she knew. Eventually she would have to meet some of these so called creatures, since she did love seeing new things after all.

While she was thinking she was trying so hard to not show how lonely she really felt. The loneliness she knew came from being different, and it probably wouldn't go away until she found someone who could accepted her. Black coat and all. Though that was just a fact she could live with and right now she had to be strong and not show it. After all she was beginning to like the Sebahive and she didn't want to bother him with her problems.

As she watched him she noticed his eyes fell to his paws, was something wrong? Did she bring up the wrong topic, she wondered to herself. No matter what she had to find out what was wrong so she gently asked, "Whats a matter? I noticed you looked lonely looking down towards your paws ..." she said before realizing she had forgotten to reply to his last answer.

"Oh and well guess mine isn't the only one. An I see well they are lucky, and I can tell. I mean you have such a handsome white coat," she said with a smile and slight giggle as she glanced towards back towards him. Wondering just what he would say next.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm
Sebahive froze up a little bit at her question, before fighting to relax himself as she continued talking. He had told himself earlier that he didn't need to mention anything about his pride while he spoke with her... Although, thinking back, he already did... So it was probably a moot point by now, but could he risk telling more about his pride? He did like her - she was nice and probably wouldn't care about his seer problems - and he could tell that she needed some reassurance that she wasn't alone.

And perhaps that's what he needed too. He had never really thought about it before, as caught up in keeping it a secret from others as he was. It looked like it was nice to get her problems off of her chest. So maybe he should too? At the very least, he might get enough peace to sleep better at night.

That in mind, he answered,
"Personally, I like your coat more. It's really sleek and pretty." And, admittedly, if he had it, he would have been able to leave without anyone complaining. Here, he hesitated. Then, deciding to just go with it, he took in a deep breathe and said, "White lions are more revered because of... well... they're abilities, but only if they're girls." He shuffled his paws a bit, still unsure over how much he should say, "If they're boys, it doesn't really... end well, for everyone. As long as you don't have those abilities, you're still cherished for being able to make those who can, but if you do...." He shrugged, "You're either banished from the pride or killed."

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm
Zaina stopped and her eyes widened the moment he said he liked her coat. Her black, strange unknown design, but soft coat. No one had ever in her whole life so far ever said they liked it before. She had only assumed black coats weren't the best coats to have, though now her mind was changing. At first she was speechless, until a smile began to grow on her face. "Thank you," she whispered softly under her breath with a slight blush growing on her face, as she listened to his next words eagerly.

The more he said the more her smile began to fade slightly. As the look on her face was more confused looking now. She began to tilt her head to the right side. What abilities did he mean and Why would just girl white lions be accepted for them? The more she listened the more she began to feel sorry for anyone that was a boy like that. Though still a part of her was curious as could be about the pride, "that seems slightly harsh ... though are you one of those boys...?" she questioned him childishly. Though the moment the words came out of her mouth, some part of her realized that probably wasn't something she should ask. "I'm sorry..." she whispered under her breath,"i probably shouldn't ask something like that, huh?"

-- NekoGamer --

quoting so we don't lose this thread on accident. hehe. ^^;

Chi Honda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Seb scuffed a paw against the snow, a little bashful after that admission and her reaction to it. He was just speaking the truth, but she seemed really grateful over it. Plus, he thought privately, her smile was nice, and he was happy that he could put it there.

At her next words, his cheerful mood dropped and he looked down at the ground with a wince. Perhaps he had said too much. He wasn't sure if he was ready to admit to it right then, but... she certainly seemed like a friendly face, one that wouldn't mock or scorn him for it. At least... he hoped. They had only just met.

He bit at the inside of his mouth, debating how to answer, before giving a tentative nod. "B-but you can't tell anyone!" His eyes grew frantic at that point. "They don't," he wilted into himself, "they don't know."

chi honda
lol, 6 or 7 years later. xD;;

MangoMeow

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm
Zaina couldn't help but feel a little sad for him as she watched his expression change. She liked seeing him cheerful, and sad just was something that made her heart hurt to see. Though she didn't know why, it must be because he had been being so kind to her.

That was when she watched him nod and listened to his next words. "Oh ... I see..." she said before responding, "Well honestly I think that's amazing you have abilities." She smiled brightly as she looked towards him. "Only thing I can do is blend into the dark a little," she said with a laugh. She knew that wasn't really anything special but it was something not really at all similar.

"...but I'm sorry they don't think it is. they must be crazy," she said as she continued, "As for keeping it a secret you won't have to worry. your secret is safe with me forever!" She took her paw and crossed her heart and then held her hand out to shake his.

She wasn't sure if she was doing this right, but she had once heard it was a way of making a promise. Since she was hoping maybe this could get that smile back on his face, and that he knew she was serious that secret would never ever escape her lips.

MangoMeow
Haha xD One for the record books.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas