Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am
Can someone list off just all the things this handgun has that outdoes the H&K Mk23?

Also list the cons it has versus the Mk23.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:38 am
The FN carries 15 rounds to the HK's 12 (a pitiful number for a gun that size)
The FN costs $600 to the HK's $2300
The FN is about the size of an M9, the HK is about the size of an M4
The HK has a threaded barrel, which the FNP does not. The FNP-45 Tactical has it, at a $300 upgrade.
The FN Tactical has provisions for a Docter red-dot sight.
The FN uses a Mil-Std P1913 rails, the HK uses HK proprietary rails.
The HK has an extra .5" of barrel over the Tactical, almost an inch and a half on the standard.
The FN Tactical has raised sights to see over a suppressor.
The FN has two or three backstraps.
The FN is fully ambidextrous without any modification whatsoever.
FN Customer Service doesn't hate you with all the wrath of a million jilted Klansmen simply for being a civilian.

Basically what it boils down to is that the Mk. 23, compared to the FNP-45 Tactical, is ******** massive, fits next to nothing on its rail, holds three fewer rounds, and costs $1400 more. The FNP is the hands-down winner. It MIGHT be a competition if the Mk. 23 were an $800 gun, but it's not, it's three times that.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:03 am
The only thing I've heard the HK has over the FNP-45 is it's more accurate.
Is this justified? Just show me a pic of bullet groupings instead of a vid. Vids are like crucifixes to vampires with my computer.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:34 am
Handgun accuracy is a lot more about sight radius, user skill, and ammo quality than actual overall gun quality.  

ArmasTermin

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 am
ArmasTermin
Handgun accuracy is a lot more about sight radius, user skill, and ammo quality than actual overall gun quality.
Thank the idiocy of Evenee that I only read that bullshit from a bunch of firearm noobs at the HK forums.

Edit: This guy ranted on about how supperior his new Mk 23 was better than the FNP-45.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:33 am
Thanks for the input. I read up a bit on the FNP-45 and got the general gist that it offered the same things as MK 23 in some points better at a lower price.

$900 for a Tactical and it comes with 3 magazines I believe vs. the Mk 23s one and going for $2300-$2500.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

090Freak090

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:28 am
from my understanding HKs have horrible triggers too super long pull and a not so clean break  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
HelloJohnnyBlade
ArmasTermin
Thank the idiocy of Evenee that I only read that bullshit from a bunch of firearm noobs at the HK forums.

Edit: This guy ranted on about how supperior his new Mk 23 was better than the FNP-45.
Hanguns: the next sniper rifle.

If it'll hold six MOA, it's good enough for a combat pistol. Think: that's three inches at 15 yards, 1.5" at twenty-five. Do you REALLY need to put twelve shots into the perp's eyeball? In fact, it's better to be a bit inaccurate... twelve shots in the same hole is one .45" hole. Twelve shots in twelve holes is a ******** bigger.

@Freak: I think I've heard that too. Something about a square peg in a round hole.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:32 pm
the MK 23 is only for the hardest core of the HK kool-aid drinkers.

User Image

personally I think it's too big, too expensive, and already obsolete  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:53 pm
090Freak090
from my understanding HKs have horrible triggers too super long pull and a not so clean break
my HK P9S has a crisp pull when it's cocked.

length of travel after firing as the trigger is pulled is a little far

I like H&K...but Im not addicted to them to the point like some people are where they use no logic and see no other options  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm
If I were to buy an HK handgun, I'd go for the USP over the Mk. 23, but I'd rather have the FNP-9. I would say .45, but when I get a .45 I want it to be a 1911.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games