bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 am
Gerda was getting fat with cubs, and as each day went by, Jozo felt sicker and sicker to his stomach about the situation. He couldn't stand being home for long stretches at a time, and either spent a majority of his time with Eppie or wandering the roguelands just outside the boundaries of his pride.

There was something nagging at the back of his mind. Would Eppie be happier if she was with cub? Would she forgive him? It seemed to Jozo that she'd been saddened despite his best efforts at trying to make her happier, or to even make her smile for just a moment. He missed her smiles. He'd taken to spying on her while she worked; when she was with the cubs of the pride she smiled freely, and that warmed Jozo's heart.

Today he would go to Eppie and ask her to bear his cubs. It was the way it should have been, and maybe then his heart would be at peace. He made his way to her den, calling out as he drew close.

"Eppie?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 pm
Two voices came from inside the cave as Jozo called in for Eppie. One was easily recognized as the voice who he had been calling for and the other one was an unfamiliar voice which sounded very quiet and still has if the owner had some maturing to do. They were speaking about children and how to properly handle them in different situations.

"Try to refrain from any growling or snapping when dealing with an unruly child. It can be difficult when they back sass you, or even try and be confrontational, but we have to remember that the children of this pride are precious things and they have very complicated lives despite their young age," Eppie explained to her new pupil, Njeve.

Njeve had come earlier the week one evening to ask Eppie personally to apprentice under her as a Nanny, and although Njeve had interrupted some alone time between Eppie and Jozo, she gladly accepted the adolescent hyena on as an apprentice. Many made the mistake to assume that just because you loved children meant you could handle them, and that was absolutely preposterous to Eppie. Sure, motherly instincts or fatherly instincts were things to have when dealing with a child, but you couldn't always treat them as if they were your children, because often times they were not.

Upon hearing her name called at the entrance of her den, Eppie's ears sprung up. It was Jozo. What was it that he wanted? Oh, who cared, it was Jozo~! Getting up as soon as she had heard her name called she smiled to Njeve, "It seems I have a visitor. We'll continue discussing how to handle unruly children tomorrow, ok?"

Njeve got up from her spot and nodded to Eppie quietly, "Yes. Good night Eppie."

Njeve slunk out of Eppie's den, giving Jozo a slight eye as she passed him. She would not ask why he was there, but she had an inkling it was for more than a mere pride member to pride member visit. quickly she slank off towards the den she shared with Timur and as soon as she was out of sight, Eppie appeared at the entrance of her den.

"Hello dear Jozo," She said, a sweet smile on her face. Njeve's apprenticeship had served as a wonderful distraction from Gerda wadding around like a fat meerkat for the past several days. She paid no mind when she came out to stroll about, flaunting her pregnancy. Eppie had something better to deal with at the moment, and it was something Gerda didn't have the stamina to keep up with, an apprentice!

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:50 pm
Jozo dipped his head in greeting to the young hyena as she slipped past him. He paused, making sure that she had indeed taken her leave before turning his gaze back to Eppie. A smile crossed his muzzle and his eyes lit up as he drank in the sight of her. She was fairly glowing; he knew she loved her work, and now that she'd taken on an apprentice, she seemed a bit more light hearted. It was good that she'd found someone to take her mind off of Gerda.

"Eppie. I'm sorry to have interrupted. I have something I want to speak with you about. Two things, actually.. one you might find more pleasant than the other." He paused. Seeing the young hyena, he'd been reminded that he needed someone to tend to Gerda as she gave birth. He supposed that fell on his shoulders, since Gerda wouldn't do it. There wasn't anyone he trusted more than his beloved Eppie, and though it might put her in a strange spot, he hoped that she would be happy by the prospect of bearing his cubs.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm
"You didn't interrupt," Eppie said assuredly. She knew how Jozo disliked being any sort of interruption or bearer of bad news when it came to her and since he hadn't done either as of yet, there was no need for him to feel that way. Her home was his home, after all. While their relationship may be a secret, it did not stop her from treating him as if he was outwardly her mate when they were together.

"Come in. I caught some food for you earlier..." Eppie stated as she motioned for him to come inside. Since Gerda was preoccupied being a fatty fatty fat a** at the moment and possibly inhaling anything that happened to sit before her eyes like some sort of giant ham-beast, Eppie figured Jozo wasn't eating as much as he should be and took the liberty to hunt him down something.

She already anticipated one of the reasons as to why he wanted to speak with her, because otherwise he wouldn't be so very formal with her. He was going to ask her to attend Gerda's birthing and she would not deny him the request. Jozo trusted her and she would never harm a child. Perhaps he would be alright with her bringing her apprentice along, that way Njeve had some experience with a live birth. Eppie would like to think it were a live birth, anyway.

"What did you want to talk about, love?"

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 pm
She was so good to him. His Eppie was always providing for him, be it love, companionship, even food. She always took the initiative to make sure he was well looked after. It was one of the main reasons he loved her so. It made him sick to his stomach, really, that he'd done what he had. The guilt ate away at him daily and he could never and would never forgive himself.

"Eppie, I want you to be there when Gerda has her cubs. I don't trust anyone else to be there, and it would be a good chance for Njeve to learn more about the birthing process." That second part was an afterthought, meant to entice her.

"Will you do that for me?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:52 pm
Eppie's assumption had be right and she sighed to herself briefly before giving him a smile, "You know I will, Jozo."

She wanted to make a joke about how she'd do anything for him, except for dying, because that decision was unfortunately made for her, but she knew how much he disliked her making light of her own mortality. She had taken it so hard when she first found out and after pulling herself out of the depths of her own personal hell, had decided that death would not scare her or stop her. She had grown to even joke about it now whenever anyone breached the subject, but she knew better than to do so around Jozo. The last thing he wanted was to be reminded that he would undoubtedly outlive her.

"I'm sure Njeve would be excited to attend as well. She's very interested in becoming a Nanny," Eppie commented, before settling down on her bedding further in the den, "Come sit, I'm sure you didn't come here just to ask me a question."

Eppie gave him a silly little smile and a flick of her tail. She felt most comfortable being her flirty little self around him when she was deep within her den. It was much different than the others. While most families or individuals had dens that went straight in to a large clearing, Eppie's happened to curve around a bend, giving her so much more privacy than some. No one could try to see what she was doing be simply looking inside.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:09 pm
Jozo laughed. She seemed to be in a fine mood, and that lifted his spirits. He followed her back into her den, resting alongside her in her comfortable bedding. He didn't know how to proceed. With Gerda, this had been so easy. She'd been the one who had wanted cubs, not him (and especially not with Gerda). This time around, it was Jozo who felt as if he was the one who needed Eppie to carry his cubs. Perhaps it would ground him, he didn't know.

"I have another question." He paused, sighed. "It's not easy for me to ask this of you, Eppie. I just feel like I can come right out and say it to you, though. You are my soul, after all." He forced a small laugh, swallowed, and continued.

"I want you to have my cubs."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 pm
Eppie blinked at Jozo for a moment. She look like he had finally broken her brain with the blank stare she was currently giving him. Did he really just say what she thought he said? He wanted her to bear his cubs? Have their children? In her head she was screaming like she did the first time he had even approached her to be his girlfriend. She was so very excited, that she didn't even notice the really big grin that swept across her face.

"YES! Yes, yes, yes!" She squeaked, flinging herself at Jozo ever so happily.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:54 pm
Jozo laughed, wrapping his paws around her sides as she tumbled across him. He hadn't been expecting this reaction, not after Gerda's pregnancy. Jozo loved that she smiled so, that she was so excited. He groomed her cheekfur, nuzzled her neck and purred into her ear.

"Good. It should have been you. It should have always been you."

He meant it. His heart belonged to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:19 am
"Babies!" Eppie chimed happily, nuzzling the male that was secretly her mate. It didn't matter what was presented to the outside world. Jozo was hers and Gerda would never see the things she saw. She'd never see the way Jozo's face lights up with joy or how playful he really could be. She tricked him and he treated her like the trickster she was.

"Oh, can you just imagine? The little pitter patters with the rest of the babies? I'm so excited," Eppie chirped. She really was elated at the prospect of mothering Jozo's children. Despite his flaws, he was a wonderful man and he cared for her so much. It was bad that he was quite handsome, either. She could just imagine how cute their babies would be.

"We should start trying now," Eppie said, looking at him expectantly as she poked him playfully with a paw. If they didn't start trying soon there would be no time to. What with Eppie going to be present at Gerda's birthing. She'd have to prepare, and get Njeve prepared.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 am
Jozo laughed, a devilish expression on his face. "Far be it from me to deny my lady her desires!" At her poke, he growled playfully before pouncing her, chewing gently at her neck.

Everything was going to work out fine, Jozo realized. He was going to be a father to Eppie's lovely cubs, and deep inside he hoped that Gerda's cubs were healthy, too. He'd never wish ill on cubs; they were, after all, the lifeblood of the pride. Cubs were what kept the pride going when times were rough.

He wasn't thinking about what Gerda would say when she found out that Eppie was heavy with cubs. A smart lion would have, but Jozo was just happy that things were finally falling into place.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games