Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Starting from the Beginning

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ulfric DeNalli

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm
So, I just got my box of games out of storage and I'm gonna start from the beginning of our epic saga. .hack//Infection. Work my through //IMOQ and then start up //G.U.

Here I shall posts interesting things I find and random questions/comments I have. Also, if you have nifty stuff to say, please share?

WHOSE WITH ME?!?! Someone else should totally start too...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 am
I've got a tip for IMOQ: never buy sprite ocarinas. There's a glitch in the game where if you're in a party and you use the party command "use sprite ocarina" (or whatever it is), then you will always be returned to the field, no matter if anyone in your party has an ocarina or not.  

yokaiy

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:39 am
yokaiy
I've got a tip for IMOQ: never buy sprite ocarinas. There's a glitch in the game where if you're in a party and you use the party command "use sprite ocarina" (or whatever it is), then you will always be returned to the field, no matter if anyone in your party has an ocarina or not.

For reals? Sweet.

Don't forget about the first person POV constant that is possible in IMOQ! And the Japanese language option, which is kind of more pleasant to listen to.
When you get to G.U.'s Reminisce, take note of the fact that Yata and Nala are online at the same time during the network crisis. Then take note of the fact that they are later revealed to be THE SAME PERSON. Then be somewhat perplexed as I was when I replayed the games.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:24 pm
I had no idea about the Sprite Ocarina thing. That's AWESOME! Cause I keep meaning to click Fairy Orb and I accidentally click Sprite Ocarina and have to dig 3 floors down all over again. It's annoying.

Also, I love playing 1st person. So yea, the instant I logged in to [The World] I was in first person mode. It's just funner that way I think. It's cool both ways but I like the way it feels.

-----

Things I got re-surprised by!

Why the hell is Mistral stalking you in the infected area? And what rock was she hiding behind the entire time? Cause after you beat the Data Bug she just pops up and is all, "WoW! Way to data drain! How'd you get that skill. Your nifty~"

Also, not being able to get the Treasure at the end of that place without starting from the beginning of it is dumb. So I passed on it.

And then Piros showed up and I got sad because he annoys me.

But I saw Mia and Elk earlier so I got happy then. Especially when Elk glares at you cause Mia likes you. That was funny.

G.U.// Played it through already. haven't started the replay. I didn't know Nala and Yata were the same person...When did they say that?  

Ulfric DeNalli

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 pm
yokaiy

Ne, really? O_o I use them all the time XD but I don't use the 'party command'  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:41 pm
Ulfric DeNalli
I had no idea about the Sprite Ocarina thing. That's AWESOME! Cause I keep meaning to click Fairy Orb and I accidentally click Sprite Ocarina and have to dig 3 floors down all over again. It's annoying.

Also, I love playing 1st person. So yea, the instant I logged in to [The World] I was in first person mode. It's just funner that way I think. It's cool both ways but I like the way it feels.

-----

Why the hell is Mistral stalking you in the infected area? And what rock was she hiding behind the entire time? Cause after you beat the Data Bug she just pops up and is all, "WoW! Way to data drain! How'd you get that skill. Your nifty~"

Also, not being able to get the Treasure at the end of that place without starting from the beginning of it is dumb. So I passed on it.

But I saw Mia and Elk earlier so I got happy then. Especially when Elk glares at you cause Mia likes you. That was funny.

G.U.// Played it through already. haven't started the replay. I didn't know Nala and Yata were the same person...When did they say that?

I found the scene. Here it is. See? I thought it was revealed earlier, but hey it was shown at some point in the game anyway so yeah.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 pm
Whaaa, none of you guys used the ocarina glitch? I abused it through the whole IMOQ series -- they didn't bother fixing it in any of them. Well, now you know, I guess. Saved me a lot of time and money in the long run probably. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 pm
Oh, another hint for IMOQ, though I guess it's more advice than anything. Don't put stuff in storage. Because you'll forget about it. And then dig it out like a million years later and it won't be worth trading or selling at that point anymore. If you're not sure about keeping it and have no one to give it to, just sell it. Don't waste space in your inventory or storage. However, if you want to put your weird items in storage that's fine. Like, your golden grunties and gold/silver axes. Their worth doesn't really change over time so holding onto them doesn't hurt you.  

yokaiy

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 am
yokaiy
Oh, another hint for IMOQ, though I guess it's more advice than anything. Don't put stuff in storage. Because you'll forget about it. And then dig it out like a million years later and it won't be worth trading or selling at that point anymore. If you're not sure about keeping it and have no one to give it to, just sell it. Don't waste space in your inventory or storage. However, if you want to put your weird items in storage that's fine. Like, your golden grunties and gold/silver axes. Their worth doesn't really change over time so holding onto them doesn't hurt you.

In //G.U., I mainly put the attack spell and stat increasing items in my storage. Then I dug them out during Reminisce or Redemption and used them to beat up the really tough bosses.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 am
Darkly_Doomed
Ulfric DeNalli

-----

I found the scene. Here it is. See? I thought it was revealed earlier, but hey it was shown at some point in the game anyway so yeah.

Whoa...I totally forgot about that scene...

yokaty

Oh yea! I never put anything in storage. Only things like "well water", "silver axes", I collect books so those. Uh...rare items like the time set from the race and the goblin gear. Stuff like that.

Another thing I found that's good is that during the game you get to parts where you can only find weapons of a certain level, but you'll find multiple weapons of that level but the skills will have different elements. I found its good to have one of each element so that when your fighting you can switch to the opposite of your opponent and your attack skills will do maximum damage. I used to just have one set of blades but now I'm cycling between 3 and 4 and its really effective.

Also, I liked finding Gardenia again. She was funny. "I'll accept it under two conditions. One, you will join my party when I summon you. And two, don't call me Miss. That is all." So demanding.

Also, for the first time BlackRose is not online. So upset.  

Ulfric DeNalli

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 am
yokaiy
Whaaa, none of you guys used the ocarina glitch? I abused it through the whole IMOQ series -- they didn't bother fixing it in any of them. Well, now you know, I guess. Saved me a lot of time and money in the long run probably. xD

Same here. xD

I never noticed a glitch, I just thought it was infinite uses.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 am
Ulfric DeNalli
Darkly_Doomed
Ulfric DeNalli

-----

Whoa...I totally forgot about that scene...

yokaty

Oh yea! I never put anything in storage. Only things like "well water", "silver axes", I collect books so those. Uh...rare items like the time set from the race and the goblin gear. Stuff like that.

Another thing I found that's good is that during the game you get to parts where you can only find weapons of a certain level, but you'll find multiple weapons of that level but the skills will have different elements. I found its good to have one of each element so that when your fighting you can switch to the opposite of your opponent and your attack skills will do maximum damage. I used to just have one set of blades but now I'm cycling between 3 and 4 and its really effective.

Also, I liked finding Gardenia again. She was funny. "I'll accept it under two conditions. One, you will join my party when I summon you. And two, don't call me Miss. That is all." So demanding.

Also, for the first time BlackRose is not online. So upset.

Gardenia is awesome.

Ah, how I miss the .hack series.

My PS2 broke and I haven't bothered to get a new one. Dx

But, speaking of party members:

Elk is awesome.

And so is Mia.

Too bad Mia turns into that crazy ******** Macha.

But it was always nice to see them again in the special ending, as well as G.U. ; D  

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:47 pm
I'm on Outbreak. Maybe I'll replay the GU games when I finish Outbreak and Quarantine, so that I can have Kite have my character's name (Poe). But mostly I'm crossing my fingers for Link to come out in the US.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 pm
Just beat outbreak, although I have to finish the extra stuff before I move on to quarantine, as well as find some monsters I missed.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Game Assistance and Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items