Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]
Hello :) i just joined, i have leukemia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alu Cakes

Shirtless Gekko

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 am
heart but dont worry, im not here to rant and complain about my own form of cancer smile
im here to say im very happy a guild like this exists, and im a bit supprised that the guild is not bigger yet :3
but anyways id like to introduce myself.
My name is Alexandria Grace Hurley, you can call me Alu or Alex for short.
i was diagnosed with Leukemia type A.L.L. back on November 3rd, 2009.
and even though this stinks im happy to say im a lucky kid,
because i am in remission and i have not had a relapse.
(yet knock on wood.)
currently im in my matinance period, so if it alll stays smooth i will be a cancer free person very soon smile

also i really hope its okay to post this because i didnt see anywhere else to leave a "im new" topic ><;; i apologize if its not!

and lastly, i wanted to share somthing that really inspired me today.
i knew my best friend, she is 17, has been saving up for a tattoo for a long while but she wouldnt tell me what it is. i never expected it to be this:
tattoo picture one
tattoo picture two
tattoo picture three

i was so happy when i found out, she said she did it because she wants to show that her support is perminate and will last forever. that it wasnt temporary like shaving a head is. she wanted to show that she will be here for me her life smile it makes me so glad, not just to know i have an amazing friend, but to know that there are people out there who are caring and really do love you. and i want everyone to know that i really do care about them, what they may be going through, what they have gone through, and what the people they love have gone through. if anyone needs somebody to talk to im here alot, i dont mind listening <3

thank you for listening to my babbly introduction and random gives me hope story XD

im happy to be here and i look forward meeting you all, and being a big time supporter. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm
That tattoo is beautiful. O: In more ways than one.

Welcome to the guild! One reason for its size is that the guild isn't very active when the event isn't going on, which is the month of April. People do of course still come around now and then, but it's pretty casual. Usually we have a small boost in posts whenever there's an announcement. And there is not an intro forum, so you posted in the right place^^

I really hope you are able to stick around until the event! It looks like Team Orange would have a great helper! I can only imagine, if your friend was inspired to do that, how much of a good friend you can be. Once again, welcome!  

Blaizekit
Captain

Shy Borg

16,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

whatever191919

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:19 am
Hello and welcome. Cool tattoo.

I hope you stay fine and it doesn't worsen!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
well as a lukemia survivor i welcome you. cant wait till april then we can join team orange lol smile i had type APL which is in the ALL family.  

RACHEL THE BOB

Shirtless Bloodsucker

13,215 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:38 am
Even though I'm about to break you're holding me tightly in your arms. I'm afraid to go

Welcome to the thread! Glad to hear that you're doing so well. And the tattoo is so sweet >w<

If ya need anything, my PM box is always open n.n

I hear your voice in the dawn when everything will be nothing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 am
That is a beautiful tattoo, very sweet of her!  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces