Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Drawing a Day Guild
Alice's (daily) works of art (if that's what you call them) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Might as well introduce myself. The things I post in here, they probably won't be daily seeing as I sleep most of the day (vampire?), but will just be random crap. Now, as you'll probably see from my drawings, I do have a little bit of trouble with side views, hands, and feet, but I'm willing to learn and take any advice. Please criticize my art, that's what makes me happy, besides meat, torturing seaweed head, and my manservant. (role playing joke, I'm probably the only one who gets it)

Today's entry......A drawing of my dear manservant, Oz-kun! <3
User Image
Any advice? What can I do to improve it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:47 pm
SEXAY. He looks a little young to be a "man", but still---his expression is too cute,and you layered the hair ever so nicely---very nice pencil work.

The depth and feel is a bit confusing, though.

It took me a while to figure out what that thing was on his head (a hat, also cute.)  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Bribble

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 pm
I love his outfit!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:09 pm
zenoxy
SEXAY. He looks a little young to be a "man", but still---his expression is too cute,and you layered the hair ever so nicely---very nice pencil work.

The depth and feel is a bit confusing, though.

It took me a while to figure out what that thing was on his head (a hat, also cute.)

Thanks! <3 It's of Oz from Pandora Hearts. The reason why I said manservant is because my avi is dressed as Alice, and that's the "nickname" she gave him! xD I myself am not that confident with traditional media and usually use the computer for the art, so I was feeling very insecure drawing this. u//////u

AliceofMaidoraHearts

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:10 pm
Bribble
I love his outfit!

Thanks! <3 This was an outfit Oz wore several times in the manga, however, I wanted to re-create it with a combination of manga style and a little bit of realism. I hope I didn't fail too horribly at it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 pm
Well I must say it looks really nice considering it's your insecurity xd

Oh! Really now? That's interesting, I don't know of that Pandora Hearts things, but it looks like it's worth digging into surprised  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 pm
zenoxy
Well I must say it looks really nice considering it's your insecurity xd

Oh! Really now? That's interesting, I don't know of that Pandora Hearts things, but it looks like it's worth digging into surprised

It's an Alice in Wonderland spin-off manga, and I absolutely adore it. The art is beautiful along with the storyline and characters. It's ademographics are action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, shounen, supernatural, and tragedy. Despite what the fans say, it is not a yoai and there are no homosexual relationships. I actually even did a bit of research about the relationships between valets and their masters and came across quite a few interesting articles, one about George Washington and his valet, Billy Lee, and found out that relationships like that were normal and were expected for a master and their valet. : )

Anyhow, it's a great series for an avid reader, with its many literary references, mainly those of Lewis Carroll.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 pm
Oooohhhh SEX. I have got to read this now D: <3

I love Lewis Caroll to bits <3

Yeah. People cry baw over the slightest bit of affection from one character over another D:

"Here's that burger you ordered---that'll be 7.50"
"Oh here, keep the change wink "

"HOH s**t DIDJOO SEE HOW HE WINKED AT HIM---GUYXGUY MUST MAKE OUT---FORRRBIDDDENNN LLOOVVVEEEEE!!!!"

( ° ٢° )
Some people are crazy.  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:00 am
zenoxy
Oooohhhh SEX. I have got to read this now D: <3

I love Lewis Caroll to bits <3

Yeah. People cry baw over the slightest bit of affection from one character over another D:

"Here's that burger you ordered---that'll be 7.50"
"Oh here, keep the change wink "

"HOH s**t DIDJOO SEE HOW HE WINKED AT HIM---GUYXGUY MUST MAKE OUT---FORRRBIDDDENNN LLOOVVVEEEEE!!!!"

( ° ٢° )
Some people are crazy.

LOL. no sexual relationships in this manga (sadly), however, since it is still ongoing and is a romance +16...maybe....in the future.... MIND IN THE GUTTER!! MIND IN THE GUTTER!!! -dies- It would be strange, but we once came close when Vincent and....SPOILER!! xD

It's true, all of the females in this series are instantly hated. The only ones who aren't hated were Marie and Vanessa who each ended up.... SPOILER!!! xD It's really sad to see how much hate the main female cast gets, I went on facebook, and there was a whole anti-Alice group! D,: Their number one reason.... "She getz in teh way of da yoai!" I palmed forehead myself when I read that. 1. This series is a shounen, meaning made for boy audiences, if there's going to be any homosexual relationships, it would be yuri (girlxgirl) which has been hinted at multiple times in the series in both actual chapters and artwork. (however, the author makes it up by drawing straight artwork immediately after) 2. It's mainly a romance because of the relationships between _____ and ______, __ and _____, ____ and ____, _______ and _____, and a few other relationships, other than that, the series could barley be considered a romance. :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:42 am
Spoilers! I don't mind them---am actually more intrigued now than ever!

I have to look up this on my spare time D:

I'm afraid I might become infatuated!

AH. Some people really can twist what they see. eek  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:51 pm
Ah, ha! I know, right?

By the way, won't be posting for a while. I am trying to convince my (adoptive) father to get me some art supplies and it's just not working! D: Plus, I told myself I wouldn't draw digital media again until I could get traditional back down. ;____;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 pm
NUUUUUU.

Why will you be away for so long?
Are you planning on working to get the supplies?

I bought all my own...with what ever money I hoarded I would give my money to my auntie to get it in a supply store on her way home from work----or on friend outings I would visit one of the National Office Supplies stores for some neat stuff.  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

AliceofMaidoraHearts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 pm
Yeah, but I'll be coming on every once in a while to chat with the people of this guild! : ) (and school will be really keeping me busy as well along with national honor society, karate, soccer, art classes, Shakespeare club, science club, fiddle club, and math tutoring.) No, I'm not that bad at math, it's just that I can't stay focused on it and thus I am getting a bad grade on it and have to go to after school tutoring, then work. It's a bummer! D:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm
It's math. No one will blame you xd

『huggles』

It's fabulous that you are so active in school! I wish I was, but I had to focus everything I had into my business with the Student Body Association as well as Class council. ALWAYS GET A RECORD SHOWING YOU WERE IN THEM.

I was honorary, and it won't count on my college application lol

My teachers didn't know that, so they all wrote me down many recommendation letters <3  

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

Gilbert Nightray

Enduring Elder

8,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:53 am
AliceofMaidoraHearts
Might as well introduce myself. The things I post in here, they probably won't be daily seeing as I sleep most of the day (vampire?), but will just be random crap. Now, as you'll probably see from my drawings, I do have a little bit of trouble with side views, hands, and feet, but I'm willing to learn and take any advice. Please criticize my art, that's what makes me happy, besides meat, torturing seaweed head, and my manservant. (role playing joke, I'm probably the only one who gets it)

Today's entry......A drawing of my dear manservant, Oz-kun! <3
User Image
Any advice? What can I do to improve it?

AMG THIS IS AWESOME;;;;;;  
Drawing a Day Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces