Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
2012 - What do you think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2012 is...
  Oh it's on like donky kong!
  Well it could happen... then again it may not happen...
  It's pure rubbish! Life will go on like normal.. silly huma---person.
View Results

Anannsul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 am
I've never really been of a person to put dates on things. However, I've had too many end of the world dreams to not acknowledge that one day the world IS going to end. Hey it's a part of life right? I'm not saying 2012 is going to happen... and I'm not saying it's not going to happen. I just want to know IF 2012 was proven to be the factual date of the end of the world... what do you honestly think will happen?

IF 2012 is the mark of something ending... I don't think it will be our existence. I think that the world as we know it will change drastically. The veil will drop, that which we thought were myths and imagination will be a reality. People who believe so much that they are not human will be revealed who they truly are. The war will be against those who aren't human (humanoids/dragons) and humans... (and even those fighting for the humans despite not being human)

The world will change... it will.. so to say degrade it's self in a way.. a majority of buildings will be either burned to the ground via volcanoes or shaken until nothing is left standing (earth quakes) The waters will cleanse the lands and the winds will..

Okay being I'm getting a little too into this.. but you get my idea... if 2012 is the day the world as we know it ends.. I better start getting my spiritual side in shape as well as learn how to garden and write letters again. lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:25 am
Because life is too short…

Deja vu...
Anyway.
It's only supposed to be that date because the Mayan calendar ends. Because they were all killed and couldn't create a longer calendar. But people took that to mean, the world's gonna end.

…And I want to live.

mechanical kitsy
Crew

CharonsMaster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 am
What i think it is is that there is giong to be a massive EMP that will shut down all electrical devices so people will have to learn how to live without the "cheats" in life.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:14 am
CharonsMaster
What i think it is is that there is giong to be a massive EMP that will shut down all electrical devices so people will have to learn how to live without the "cheats" in life.

It would be so easier to live without mass communication...  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 pm
mechanical kitsy
Because life is too short…

Deja vu...
Anyway.
It's only supposed to be that date because the Mayan calendar ends. Because they were all killed and couldn't create a longer calendar. But people took that to mean, the world's gonna end.

…And I want to live.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this. -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 pm
Just because it was the end of the Mayan calender doesn't mean it was the prediction of the end of anything. I've heard end of life, end of the world, time of great spiritual awakening, and a few others. Whatever happens, will happen. There is no point in worrying about it now.  

DemonCount

6,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 am
I think the song Aenema by Tool describes my feelings towards 2012 the best. I honestly don't care what happens. If any thing, and I know this may sound a little sick but I don't give a ********; I'm excited, I have been for years now. I'll be dissipointed if nothing happens. I can live with out all the modern bullshit that pollutes our lives, and a lot of the people that pollute our lives as well. I know that, that's a big reason I'm studying Herblore in my free time and I'm going into zoology, I need to understand the world around me in order to survive.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 am
I don't think the world is going to end in 2012, but do believe that something is going to happen...something big.  

Lady Keigh

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm
I have had several flood dreams...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:38 pm
I think a lot of New Agers will spend a lot of money and the rest of the world will look back and say "Time marches on."  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lady Keigh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm
I agree.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:07 pm
I don't really think anything will happen on 2012, but I do have nightmares of the world ending. So sometimes I feel like something will happen. :/ Kinda like my dreams are a warning but our minds make up stuff in dream mode so eh. :/  

BluMommy

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm
If we accept that the world is going to end, we also have to accept that it started when this version of the calendar started. Which was not terribly long ago. The last calendar came to an end around 3100BCE, which is when according to Mayan mythology, the last world ended and this one began.

Does anyone think the world is 5000 years old? Because if not, it's inconsistent to believe it's going to end in 2012.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 am
It can't be 5,000 years old. There's scientific evidence which show it's older than that. The fossils are an example.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games