Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
"QtCore4.dll was not found"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 am
Originally, I had Sims 3 and every single expansion pack for it installed on my computer (minus the Fast Lanes). I am going to get Late night Tuesday, so I decided to get rid of one of my expansion packs to make room for it, since World Adventures wasn't all too exciting for me (I had already unlocked everything).

I decided to uninstall the entire system. All Sims 3 expansions including Sims 3 base game. (got rid of all custom content, ect)

I reinstall JUST the Sims 3 base game. When I click the icon, it says "This application has failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

HOWEVER, after that message was "okay'd", the sims three starts up and the game can run and play as normal.

The problem? Ever since this little message popped up, I can't get all of the items that I've purchased for my sims 3 back onto my game. I'll go to thesims3.ea.com ect, and click download (to re-download the object) and I get the circle with a slash through it in the download area. Nothing downloads into my game.

I don't know how to fix this. I've uninstalled and re-installed the game numerous of times. The problem has been re-accuring. Anyone else have this problem? I have no idea what else to do. =/  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:17 pm
Have you tried updating the EA Download Manager?

Why not do a google search for the missing file name and see what comes up?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm
I updated my EA manager. Nothing happened. There was still the same problem. I actually ended up "investigating" the whole problem and found a helpful forum on thesims3.ea.com with a bunch of people having the same problems.

I simply went to the site that it reconmended and downloaded what it told me to, and whatever it was that was downloaded was perfect because it worked. =) So I was a happy camper. I think it was a patch, along with the missing file.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 pm
Yeah, I didn't realise until recently how bad the launcher is at patching installed games.

World Adventures and High-End Loft Stuff were still running on their base versions instead of the patched ones on my install. I used a program from MTS to update them.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items