Submit

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 pm
I recently discovered the magic of using grease (gunslick) instead of CLP or any other oil in my AR

SO MUCH BETTER

I now keep a tube of it in the grip  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 pm
I use Berryhill's Ultimate Gun Lube myself, but he doesn't sell it anymore. I've used it for about 20 applications and still haven't used everything off the lid!  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:51 pm
I've always used INOX. Bit tough to find, but it's a superior lubricant. If you want to go bigbux, though, there's always Kroil.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:36 pm
uryu ishida
I use Berryhill's Ultimate Gun Lube myself, but he doesn't sell it anymore. I've used it for about 20 applications and still haven't used everything off the lid!
I misread Benny Hill and heard Yakkety Sax in my head.

I have a bottle of remmington gun oil I use.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 pm
from this point on im done with oil for the most part.

dries up too quick and leaks out the sides

grease stays there

but I will keep the little eyedrop bottle I filled with rem oil in the grip for applying in the middle of shooting for the "just in case" factor.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:21 pm
I use some no-name brand included in one of those "universal" gun-cleaning kits for all gun lubing, as well as to protect steel of knives or my Chinese sword. It's lasted quite a while, even though I use more than I'm supposed to. Guns, as like women, should be well-lubricated.  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 pm
ArmasTermin
I use some no-name brand included in one of those "universal" gun-cleaning kits for all gun lubing, as well as to protect steel of knives or my Chinese sword. It's lasted quite a while, even though I use more than I'm supposed to. Guns, as like women, should be well-lubricated.
I actually discovered the gunslick im using now inside an old outers (1970's or 80's) gun cleaning kit

definitely ordering more  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:04 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

but I will keep the little eyedrop bottle I filled with rem oil in the grip for applying in the middle of shooting for the "just in case" factor.
The problem with grease is that it gets EVERYWHERE. I packed the buffer tube of my AR with axel grease once... I can't get it out, and it makes everything greasy, and it's this horrible grayish color now...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:08 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

The problem with grease is that it gets EVERYWHERE. I packed the buffer tube of my AR with axel grease once... I can't get it out, and it makes everything greasy, and it's this horrible grayish color now...
jesus I dont use that much.

just on the shiny parts of the bolt carrier and some on the bolt.

and then dab it lightly along the length of the buffer and buffer spring before putting it back in.

that and im using a kind made for firearms. gunslick. its a type of graphite grease  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 am
I've heard a lot of arfcom guys swearing buy 5w-30 full-synthetic motor-oils. It makes sense if you think about it, that is essentially the same job function (oil designed to suspend carbon in the oil so that parts move smoother) and according to them it works well, which I bet it does. Mobil 1 seems to be touted as the best brand  

090Freak090

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

and then dab it lightly along the length of the buffer and buffer spring before putting it back in.

that and im using a kind made for firearms. gunslick. its a type of graphite grease
Well, I didn't PACK IT pack it, but just a generous two-finger scoop. Killed the spring twang dead, but by god is it messy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:00 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

Well, I didn't PACK IT pack it, but just a generous two-finger scoop. Killed the spring twang dead, but by god is it messy.

I just use a very light coat of Breakfree CLP and I've never heard a whisper from my spring.

(Side note) The first AR I ever shot belonged to fellow shooter at the range and I could hear his spring still creaking almost a second after each shot. I though it was cool at the time (I was only ~14), but now I'm a bit shocked by the whole thing.  

090Freak090

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lTbxP6mELQ  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

If it's sticky and thick enough that I can slather it on my steel toe boots, stick it to a wall and make it stay you shouldn't use it for a gun.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 am
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

grease stays there

If it's sticky and thick enough that I can slather it on my steel toe boots, stick it to a wall and make it stay you shouldn't use it for a gun.
(facepalm)

NEGATIVE

thats MASSIVE amounts of grease. its a lubricant, not glue.

what makes it superior is that it doesnt leak or dry up and stays there and overall provides BETTER lubrication, rather than constantly drowning the rifle in oil and you dont even have to use as much grease as you do oil.

oil disappears...grease stays put.
any grease will do

try using some grease or even gunslick (A GREASE FOR FIREARMS) first and see for yourself and THEN try and tell me about how horrible it is,
I sincerely doubt you even could as it would change your opinion.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff