Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kamen Rider Heroes of the World

Back to Guilds

a guild for people that like kamen rider and much more 

Tags: Kamen Rider, Anime, Movies, Games 

Reply Kamen Rider heroes of the world
Kamen Rider Mythos: Joker - The Ultimate Power, or Curse?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Joker: The Ultimate Power, or Curse?
Power!
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Curse~
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Brand Suncircle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 am
The Joker. Is it the ultimate power, or the ultimate curse? From series to series, there has been at least one Rider who falls under the category of the Joker. But is this power worth the price? Allow me to give you some examples of whom I believe are Jokers.

From Kamen Rider Agito: Kamen Rider Gills
User Image
Kamen Rider Gills, a very good example of a rider with great powers, but it comes at a price to his health and sanity. I would consider him under the category of the Joker, as his powers were unnatural and almost like dealing with an inner beast who's power was able to evolve and get stronger, but still at a cost to his human side. But eventually he was able to master his powers, and be able to control it.

From Kamen Rider Blade: Kamen Rider Chalice
User ImageUser Image
Kamen Rider Chalice, the first confirmed Joker. A rider whose real form an Undead, the Black Joker. His transition from Rider, Human, and Undead was very interesting in the series. His story was a tragic one, trying to come to terms with Humanity, and not being able to reach that goal for himself. He had two Rider forms, the normal one, and then his King Form, Wild. His "Death" was tragic at the hands of Blade, as he and Blade were close to being friends.

From Kamen Rider Kabuto: Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
User Image
Dark Kabuto was a worm mimic of Tendou Souji, and existed in an alternate dimension. As a dark mirror of Tendou, Dark Kabuto was very powerful, but his emotions were his weak point, as Kabuto was able to defeat him using his logic. Dark Kabuto was the Joker in this instance because he was the dark version of the main Rider, and knew everything Tendou did.

From Kamen Rider Den-O: Kamen Rider Den-O
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Ryotaro Nogami, a young man with very bad luck, one day becomes the bearer of the Den-O belt. He is a Singularity Point, a human who can exist separate from time itself. When he allows one of his partner Imagin to possess him, he then becomes the Den-O form associated with that Imagin. Momotaros, Urataros, Kintaros, and Ryutaros are his Imagin partners. When all 4 Imagin possess him at once, he can become the Climax Form. When they cannot possess him at all, they came up with a final Liner Form for him. I see Ryotaro as a Joker, being able to be a nexus outside of time and allowing him so many powers from different Imagin.

From Kamen Rider Double (W): Kamen Rider Joker and Kamen Rider Skull
User ImageUser Image
Kamen Rider Joker and Kamen Rider Skull. Users of the Lost Driver, both their singular Gaia Memory henshins hold unknown powers. As of recent, the powers for Kamen Rider Joker have been seen as basic Rider attacks, but with a lot of power behind them. Kamen Rider Skull rumors floating around now from the new Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider OOO movie reveals that Skulls first henshin is known as Crystal Skull, with his full powers yet to be revealed. This to me shows these two really do fit the category of Joker.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 pm
hmm you lost me at Den-o but i guess i can see him being a joker, since his henshin is like a Joker card (wild) you never know which form hes gonna take and Liner Form allows him to do that with his fighting style.

and on a side note. wth is crystal skull o.O lol  

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

Brand Suncircle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm
It was in an article on jefusion.com about the movie. Something about how Skull and Shroud first teamed up to make the Hideout for Skull/Double behind the agency. According to the article, Shroud says the Skull's henshin wasn't compete, and so that form was called Crystal Skull (something about a hidden potential/powers in that form).

http://www.jefusion.com/2010/10/kamen-rider-x-kamen-rider-ooo-w-feat.html

"Kamen Rider Skull's first transformation is not complete. This form is called Crystal Skull. Accordingly, in the said film its hidden powers will be revealed.

Wait. Crystal Skull?! Based on what I remembered, it is related to some Incan mumbo-jumbo that was seen in an Indiana Jones film [GekiDan: I was about to say that!]. Aside from that, Kamen Rider Skull having hidden powers is kinda a shout out to the original Skull Man that has psychic powers."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm
you know some people ask if it was the Imagin or Ryotaro Nogami that had the power I think that it was Ryotaro that had the power think about in one episode he throw one guy on to the top of a tree den liner was going trough a tunnel at the time so I think that the Imagin just use his power the way they wanted  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Brand Suncircle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:29 pm
Hmm....hard to tell. True that by the end Ryotaro pretty much showed he had the power within him, but I don't think it is entirely all him. The Imagin had their own power as well, but it was also thanks to Ryotaro that they were given form, so I believe it's more of a combination of both of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm
Just for clarification, Skull Crystal is the original form of Skull.

Kamen Rider Skull is the evolved form of Skull Crystal

In one of the Kamen Rider movies, It was the OOO movie i think, The yummy uses the Memory Memory to go back into Akikos memories, which somehow shows Sokichi Narumis life before the beginning of the show and how he became a Kamen Rider. Skull Crystal is his first form, and when fighting with one of the Dopants, he unlocked Skull Level 2, as Saeko put it when describing Nascas form. Which created a crack down the middle of Skulls forehead.  

Wolf Mcloud

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:23 am
haha yeah i figured that out when I saw the movie xp lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 pm
Gills I can understand, Chalice yeah.
I don't think I can count Dark Kabuto, In his case the suit wasn't really causing him any harm, his powers themselves weren't harming him or making him question his morality.
I'm going to say that Den-o isn't a Joker, but Zeronos and Gaoh are. As in both instances their powers can lead to their own destruction. (zeronos being a lot more direct than Gaoh's.)
I'd also like to consider Decade here. As not only are his powers chaotic and powerful, but ultimately his future turned out to be destruction, even if that was reversed later on.

I know it would make sense to call Joker a Joker, but, I can't help but feel his powers adaptive and stable, much like Agito's ability to evolve endlessly. (kuuga too to an extent I suppose though I believe his powers were supposed to be stable and he needed to unlock them)  

Katsumi Daido

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm
yeah but dont forget, Kuugas Ultimate form is basicly Darkness which is why his eyes would turn Black before going Red (just like his Rising Ultimate in the All Riders Movie). So It wasn't really stable until he was able to control it, much like OOO's and the purple combo.

Hmm but Kamen Rider Joker idk, yeah he's strong and capable, but that's because his Gaia memory is a Trump Card, which I guess all Jokers are. Except there's no side effects with the Gaia memory, its pretty much a normal Kamen Rider form.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm
Agito Geist
yeah but dont forget, Kuugas Ultimate form is basicly Darkness which is why his eyes would turn Black before going Red (just like his Rising Ultimate in the All Riders Movie). So It wasn't really stable until he was able to control it, much like OOO's and the purple combo.

Hmm but Kamen Rider Joker idk, yeah he's strong and capable, but that's because his Gaia memory is a Trump Card, which I guess all Jokers are. Except there's no side effects with the Gaia memory, its pretty much a normal Kamen Rider form.

Hmm, yeah, Kuuga Ultimate form. but, not all of his other forms.Kuuga himself I wouldn't consider a Joker powered rider. but Ultimate form yeah, it's potentially uncontrollable.  

Katsumi Daido

Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff