Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Líobhan the Leanan Sidhe (READY // CRITS) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:00 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Líobhan Ajas'i
Nicknames: Lio, Butterfly, Pest
Age: About 17 in "human" appearances, but still quite young in her race.

Faction/Race Demon - Unseelie (Leanan Sidhe)
Natural Ability: Shrinking:: Most Fae you would think of are small little sprite-like things. Lio is no different. Though she may be human-sized now, she can shrink down to about the size of a large hand.

Personality: Lio is pretty stereotypical of her race. Her moods can range from frigid, to sweet as poisoned candy, to burning with passion - though the latter is pretty unheard of with her.

However, many things can make her annoyed. Though she is fond of company, too much of a good thing makes her go sour quickly. She does not enjoy the loud rush of crowds, looking for more of a quiet solitude, where she can hear herself think, as well as quiet people in general. A few unruly creatures won't make her upset to the point of mayhem, but it will irk her. And trust the whispered warning, this is bad.

Many have accused her of being bi-polar, and it is true, her moods range so vastly that it can seem quite likely. She tries her hardest to suppress most of the bad juju that can flow to the surface, calmly meditating within, before her words can volcano into being.

At times, she feels misunderstood, for being snappish at her friends doesn't make her feel too good. But when those around her do not abide by her need for quiet, she holds a repressed anger toward them, and it will take much coaxing to have that anger erased.

If you happen to be her friend, feel fortunate. It is a rare thing for her to be truly attached to anyone.

Yes, her moods are all over the place, but this is indeed a normal occurrence, for she can be one emotion, and ten minutes later, it would have shifted to the complete opposite.

Weaknesses: Change --- Lio, like all Leanan Sidhe, hates any type of change in her stability in life. This can include relationships, lifestyle, status within school, or just about anything that is a part of her day-to-day life. Changing Lio's habits is about as difficult as trying to herd a cat while trying to dress a baby octopus into a dress. Though it can be done, it is unlikely for you to achieve.

Lust --- Oh, how Lio loves artists. She just can't get enough of being around them. She has been around quite a few, and just loves how their energy feels. So vibrant and alive. Unable to control herself, she begins to sip away that energy, their light and color, deliriously drunk on their inner beauty and masterpieces. This creates a temporary burden upon her, for she feels a sudden guilt, even though in drinking her fill without causing them permanent harm, she does not ever ever ever kill them.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? For one, her parents said she just doesn't quite fit the mold to go out into the vast world. She's not scary enough to handle it. In other words, her parents sent her packing off to Amityville, "To get a proper 'scareducation'" as they would so lightly put it. And yes, this is true, Lio doesn't quite grasp the concept of wanting to scare the bejeebus out of every mortal creature she runs into. She does have a few problems that she wants to inevitably try to fix...

FEAR:

The Category her fear will fall under is The Bite.

Year 1:: Butterflies seem to materialize from her very skin, only a few. They try to land on the skin and pull the target's essence into themselves for Lio to feed upon. This is imperfect, for if her target happens to swat them away, they vanish, and she will be unable to summon more for quite a period of time.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour:
This color. (Play around with color tones, if you like.)

Hair Colour/Style: The hair coloration is a deep raven's wing black that turns into a a dark blue, and then lightening as it approached the tips. Her style is long and wispy, sort of like this, but is open to playing around with the length.

Skin Colour: A porcelain pale color, with a touch of pale pale blue mixed in around her shoulders, hands, and feet.

Clothing Style/Colours: Lio isn't very picky about her fashion. She is known to wear a long black and blue corseted gown, that is ripped from the calf downward turning into a very spiderweb-like gossamer, exposing the black leggings beneath. Set into the bodice is a skull with butterfly wings attached to it. On her arms are long kimono-like sleeves in a gossamer spiderweb material in a black color. It is held in place on her arms by lengths of blue ribbon. She doesn't wear shoes very often, preferring to flit about.
This dress is extremely similar to what I have dreamed up in my mind.

Jewelry- Around her neck on a long dangling cord is a large oval stone that seems to glow internally with a soft blue light. In her ears are several small hoops in a silver metal. Around her right ankle is a single silver anklet with a swirling design inscribed upon it.

Extra: Sharp Canines- Without her butterflies, Lio would feed almost like a vampire, but instead of blood, she would be drinking in their essence.
Fluttery Wings- Her wings are translucent, and large enough to support her body. Looks sort of like these but are blue and black-themed
Elfin Ears- Her ears are long and point back behind her, and are tinged a soft blue.
References: Info on the Sidhe More info

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:52 pm
Firstly, I'm not sure what an Unseelie is, let alone a Leanan Sidhe! Is there a website with a description you could link to?

Her personality I assume is under construction but what you have so far seems a bit all over the place- is she an ice queen or is she flirtatious? You say she's neutral in the next breath, I'd summarize her standard "trope" and then expand from there! It has expanded since I wrote this! Will edit

I love the artistic influences in her all around! I wish I knew more about what she is to bring the picture full frame, so to speak! Fear power though, I'd need to know more about the demon she's based on to know if that would be a "Natural Ability" vs. her "Special Attack", might want to check with others too on that. O:

What does she look like?? What was her upbringing like? What are her personal hobbies?

Interesting start! Expand expand! biggrin  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:32 pm
I think I'm all done!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm
A few questions.
When she first wakes up her mood would be neutral correct?
How would she react if someone randomly decided to come up and start talking to her?  

Professor Oreo

6,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 pm
At the beginning of the day, she is usually neutral, unless she happens to be holding a temporary grudge from the day before (though unlikely).

If a person were to come up to her randomly, she would be friendly, as long as they are not obnoxiously loud.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:15 pm
Added a little more depth to her reason for coming to Amityville.

Also, still need to find some refs so people can figure what she would look like.
XD

If you're interested... >w> Just PM me with a price.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 pm
Oh wow, seems like her emotions are just all over the place. XD

Anyway my main question is... what's the weakness to her FEAR? Right now it's that it'd take awhile to complete drain someone, but what about when she has a whole swarm? The way it seems is that there's really no way to avoid getting 'devoured'.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:55 am
Well....
Hmm.
That is a good question.
XD
Maybe I should rethink her little butterflies.

Now I am perplexed on what it should be!
This shall take some thought.

Thanks for pointing it out, Kuro!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm
Dreams are meant to be followed...

Bump.

...And realities to be denied

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:10 am
Bumpage. Still looking for crits.
<3  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 pm
Bumpy.
If you crit mine, I'll crit yours.
D8  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am
Pretty good start, I think! Just a few questions/thoughts:

- What's her natural ability? I'm not seeing one listed~

- I like her mercurial nature, but pairing that with the trait of 'gentle' seems really contradictory. XD I'd stick to the "feels everything very intensely, prone to mood swings" part, it's more unique and more interesting than 'gentle'. I'd be more inclined to stick her faithfulness to her friends with loyalty (possibly tempered with gratitude for their patience and understanding for her temperament!) rather than gentleness.

- The mentioned neutrality also seems contradictory. She doesn't feel neutral! And neutrality is boring! Maybe that level of control is a goal for her, rather than something she has right now? It's good to have goals.

- What else is there to her besides her emotions?

- The artist thing: I like it! A lot! That said, is that her natural ability? Energy sapping? If so, I'd put it by a GM to make sure it's kosher. She might enjoy being around their energy and creativity without literally drinking it.

- I looooove the 'vampiric' butterflies.

- The eye/hair color mood-changing thing is... ennh. I mean, I can't say it's impossible because this IS Halloween, but it's a trait that tends to make me roll my eyes. I've seen it badly used a lot, usually as a way to make the character OMGSpecial! or as a lazy shorthand for emotions. Is it really integral to her character?

- Why does she have sharp canines? She doesn't seem like she needs them~ and it feels like an echo-back to vampires rather than something unique to her species.

Hope that's some helpful food for thought!  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:21 pm
Sosiqui

Firstly: THANK YOU! D8 I've been hoping for someone to crit for a long time.

The natural ability:: Did NOT know I needed to list one! -failz- I guess the whole energy thing would be pretty good as a natural ability. Or... since she's Fae, she could always shrink down to tininess and flit around and bother peeps. 8D But yes, I will try to get someone to answer whether the ability would be good enough to be considered a natural ability to her race.

About her moods, thank you for pointing out the gentle thing. I never thought of it in that light. Though Lio isn't a very hard-handed person, I guess she would be really considered "gentle".

Neutrality? No... She's not. Derp. Why I thought so was mainly my inability to really make a "mean" character. So I can change that with ease or erase it completely.

What do you mean by what else there is besides her emotions? Do you mean what makes her unique?
Well... emotions definitely make up a vast majority of what makes her a Leannan Sidhe. Though she does balk at how she must live to thrive. Her race does have a drawback that may prove interesting in the future.... "The Leanhaun Shee (fairy mistress) seeks the love of mortals. If they refuse, she must be their slave; if they consent, they are hers, and can only escape by finding another to take their place. The fairy lives on their life, and they waste away. Death is no escape from her. She is the Gaelic muse, for she gives inspiration to those she persecutes. The Gaelic poets die young, for she is restless, and will not let them remain long on earth - this malignant phantom."

The butterflies... Thank you! I thought they sounded like a grand idea, especially with her being a faery.

The color-changing thing. Yeah, it's not particularly necessary, but I thought it WAS unique at the time I made this. I guess things have changed mucho. I guess in a way, I'm not very certain of her eye color. Her hair color is pretty standard, it's her eyes that really show change. But unnecessary indeed. I guess I could use some help in choosing. xD

The sharp canines:: Unnecessary for most things. But as Leannan Sidhe are basically the Irish version of the vampire or Succubi, it makes some sense that they would have them to some degree. While she doesn't actually "drink" from them, imagine it sort of like a lifeline between the skin of her prey and herself. She doesn't break the skin, she doesn't even leave a mark. The most the victim would feel is a bit of drowsiness and lethargy from having their life essence drained.

You've definitely got my head spinning with ideas!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:56 pm
Bump!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500