PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 am
ZK SD
new in the ZK line from red jacket
looks like a goddamn MP5 SD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zySsn1Lt_w

pretty impressive.

User Image

"RTS-ZK-SD
Integrally suppressed AK-47 in 7.62x39mm. Barrel is 8.5". Suppressor has inconel blast chamber and monocore baffle system.The quietest AK on the market".
$2800.00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 am
Recon_Ninja_985
The quietest AK on the market.
That's like saying it's the fastest barbie jeep on the market. confused  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 am
Love the H&K sights on the gun.

Pity they shot the video indoors. It would be somewhat quieter if the sounds weren't reflected off the walls. Sounds about as loud as a .22 magnum. Quite impressive.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 am
Floyd

Pity they shot the video indoors. It would be somewhat quieter if the sounds weren't reflected off the walls. Sounds about as loud as a .22 magnum. Quite impressive.
I think the point was that even indoors its really quite.  

090Freak090

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
how many AK's do you know of that are integrally suppressed with a huge suppressor as a base product?

they might not be the only ones selling suppressed AK47s
ya never know  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am
Floyd

it's about the equivalent of someone shouting. it sounded about twice as loud as the man in the vid  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

090Freak090

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Floyd

it's about the equivalent of someone shouting. it sounded about twice as loud as the man in the vid
about the same as hammering a nail  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:03 am
090Freak090
Recon_Ninja_985
Floyd

about the same as hammering a nail
pretty much  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
how many AK's do you know of that are integrally suppressed with a huge suppressor as a base product?

ya never know
How many Barbie Jeeps do you know that can go FIFTEEN MILES AN HOUR?

So it's the best in its class. Still a shitty class. Rifle-caliber weapons were never meant to be suppressed, people just do that s**t. It doesn't work well.

As for sound in the video, it's taken off a camera. Those things change the volume drastically. Watch the suppressed Anzio 20mm video... it SOUNDS just a bit louder than a .22, but do you REALLY think a bullet almost an inch in diameter and traveling well over three times the speed of sound is that quiet?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

ya never know

So it's the best in its class. Still a shitty class. Rifle-caliber weapons were never meant to be suppressed, people just do that s**t. It doesn't work well.

As for sound in the video, it's taken off a camera. Those things change the volume drastically. Watch the suppressed Anzio 20mm video... it SOUNDS just a bit louder than a .22, but do you REALLY think a bullet almost an inch in diameter and traveling well over three times the speed of sound is that quiet?
you can hear the man talking as he fires the weapon
that gives an idea.

if you think suppressing a rifle is ridiculous then you dont understand why people suppress rifles and how it's both easy on hearing and tactically advantageous in more ways than one.

I dont care that it's firing standard ball ammo,
making the weapon completely noiseless was not their goal.
remember that it's a suppressor, not a silencer.

I would suppress a rifle because I'm satisfied with the level of noise reduction.
my only concern is significant noise reduction from the weapon not the bullet, if it can be noiseless then great but that can be asking for too much .

if a super sonic crack is all your enemy hears when bullets are flying near them it can become extremely confusing as to exactly where they are coming from. not perfect I know but better than unsuppressed.
you gotta think about how close the bullet would have to be to them since it is going faster than sound until they hear it.

and to put it out there, I agree that silencing something is better than suppressing. but I wouldn't do it as the cost of using specialized subsonic ammo or using a pistol caliber in a long gun.
one takes away proper cycling and the other is lacking in power over range.
if thats the price I have to pay then I'd rather put up with a little noise while getting full function and power.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm
I wouldn't mind a SIG P226 Elite Dark in 9mm with a suppressor, or in .357 SIG without.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 pm
ArmasTermin
I wouldn't mind a SIG P226 Elite Dark in 9mm with a suppressor, or in .357 SIG without.
i dunno .357sig doesnt make sense to me. what does a .357 sig do that a 9mm cant?
other than cost more and be less common

the Sig GSR is something I'd love to suppress though  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:46 am
Recon_Ninja_985
ArmasTermin
i dunno .357sig doesnt make sense to me. what does a .357 sig do that a 9mm cant?
other than cost more and be less common
Pierce armor.

Some day, I want the P226 Elite Dark with a Silencerco Osprey on it as my HD gun.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:52 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

ya never know

that gives an idea.

if you think suppressing a rifle is ridiculous then you dont understand why people suppress rifles and how it's both easy on hearing and tactically advantageous in more ways than one.

I would suppress a rifle because I'm satisfied with the level of noise reduction.
my only concern is significant noise reduction from the weapon not the bullet, if it can be noiseless then great but that can be asking for too much .

if a super sonic crack is all your enemy hears when bullets are flying near them it can become extremely confusing as to exactly where they are coming from. not perfect I know but better than unsuppressed.
you gotta think about how close the bullet would have to be to them since it is going faster than sound until they hear it.

and to put it out there, I agree that silencing something is better than suppressing. but I wouldn't do it as the cost of using specialized subsonic ammo or using a pistol caliber in a long gun.
if thats the price I have to pay then I'd rather put up with a little noise while getting full function and power.
I think you fail to understand exactly HOW loud a bullet is. Standing a THOUSAND yards downrange, where the gunshot itself is naught but a dull thud, the crack of a .308 or a 6.5-284 is still loud enough to be physically painful. Suppressing a rifle, especially an AR, lowers the crack from EARS ARE BLEEDING OH MY ******** painful to GODDAMMIT OW painful, neither of which I wish to experience, and a $200 pair of Dillon electronic headphones will last longer and are a thousand times more effective than a suppressor. Unless you can drop the gunshot below the hearing-safe limit, or a suppressor is REQUIRED to make the gun even possible to stand near, hearing protection or no, (which I can only imagine in massive rifles), I don't see any real point in it, certainly not ~$800 worth of point.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

ya never know

that gives an idea.

I think you fail to understand exactly HOW loud a bullet is. Standing a THOUSAND yards downrange, where the gunshot itself is naught but a dull thud, the crack of a .308 or a 6.5-284 is still loud enough to be physically painful. Suppressing a rifle, especially an AR, lowers the crack from EARS ARE BLEEDING OH MY ******** painful to GODDAMMIT OW painful, neither of which I wish to experience, and a $200 pair of Dillon electronic headphones will last longer and are a thousand times more effective than a suppressor. Unless you can drop the gunshot below the hearing-safe limit, or a suppressor is REQUIRED to make the gun even possible to stand near, hearing protection or no, (which I can only imagine in massive rifles), I don't see any real point in it, certainly not ~$800 worth of point.

obviously not loud enough from the clues the vid is telling us.
I will ask my friend who works for them to tell me how loud it is,I'll take his word over anyone's
he's already told me how loud their suppressed saiga is.

anyways, I'll be able to tell you myself how loud it is as soon as june rolls around. or if theres another event that is sooner.

OR even sooner if I can call them up and ask for a demo and feel like driving to baton rouge.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff