Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:45 pm
http://www.terravivos.com/

Also: I laughed at "10,000" square ft facility and "over 9000 person capacity".  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm
Whoever designed this website is taking the 2012 myth a bit too seriously. Polar shifts? Solar flares? ******** Planet X? Seriously?  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:47 pm
If even one of the predicted disasters came to pass, who in their right mind would want the job of putting the place back in order?

And what's the deal showing everyone and their brother the security and infrastructure of the place? Just makes things that much easier to raid if one had a mind to... pirate

That's the last place I'd want to go in an emergency.

Pity I wasn't able to pick up one of those surplus US Air Force missile bases when they went on the market. More room, cooler history, better built. I'd rather find a cheap piece of land and build my own bunker.

http://www.severeweatherpods.com/condos.html  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Whoever designed this website is taking the 2012 myth a bit too seriously. Polar shifts? Solar flares? ******** Planet X? Seriously?
It could happen. Personally if it does happen I want to die in the apocalypse rather than shell out $50k to be crammed into a tiny vault.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:06 pm
Das Rabble Rouser

100,000 sq feet and houses 900

anyway's what's their firearm policy?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 pm
I dont think fallout shelters are very effective against modern thermo nukes anyway.

how do we know we wont be baked alive inside of our hiding place anyway?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser

100,000 sq feet and houses 900

anyway's what's their firearm policy?
Oh. I was half awake when I watched that. Even at that everyone gets about 100 sq ft. That's only 10x10. For an extended period of time underground that's going to really suck. I don't know their firearm policy. It's Nebraska so it sounds promising.

I don't know how deep the heat of thermo nukes penetrates through the earth. It would almost certainly have to be a direct hit to ******** them. Once again it's Nebraska. You either have to have sucky aim or a poor choice in tactics to nuke Nebraska. About the most you would do is destroy a corn crop, maybe a small town or two, and maybe if you're very lucky a vault of 900 people. You'd be better off nuking heavily populated places like NYC, DC, LA, and such.

xd Now I just pictured a nuke going off in Nebraska and making a s**t ton of pop corn.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:10 am
theres only one problem with reserving a spot in a super vault in nebraska...

it involves MOVING TO NEBRASKA for it to work.

seeing as all aircraft will be grounded and wont make it to the vault in time any other way.

I dont want my last memories of my life of the surface of this beautiful planet being spent in the middle of nowhere before submerging myself beneath the ground to an even duller setting... eek  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am
I don't want to go to the vault either. I want to get a tall ladder and sit on the roof to watch the world burn around me. Then again I'm in a small town too and the most likely target for a nuke anywhere near here is still pretty far away.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 am
Das Rabble Rouser
I don't want to go to the vault either. I want to get a tall ladder and sit on the roof to watch the world burn around me. Then again I'm in a small town too and the most likely target for a nuke anywhere near here is still pretty far away.
I got a similar idea that involves riding the blast to death via a parachute  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 am
I seriously just started laughing when I read all that. I thought I was insane but these people... rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:24 am
One last thought on the claim on the website that their bunker is a one day drive from most of the lower 48 states. What bullshit!

Even on the best day, driving from L.A. to Boise takes nearly 20 hours. The estimated distance from there to the bunker location is another 20 hours drive. Add the crush of people trying to flee to wherever on the highways and you can kiss your pre-paid condo in hell good bye.

I'll bet the owners of the bunker are banking on the fact that less than a third of the renters will survive the travel to make it there. dramallama

I'm betting that anyone who can afford a private plane would have enough money to build their own capsule shelter nearby where they live already.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Reminds me of a sub-story in Lucifer's Hammer, where a comet lands in the Atlantic, and a ton of surfers ride The Big One into NYC until, one by one, they go under. The story follows the last man standing, who dies impacting the side of a skyscraper. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:33 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Reminds me of a sub-story in Lucifer's Hammer, where a comet lands in the Atlantic, and a ton of surfers ride The Big One into NYC until, one by one, they go under. The story follows the last man standing, who dies impacting the side of a skyscraper. xd
I dunno, it reminded me of Dr. Strangelove, where the redneck rides the bomb down onto the facility his bomb was dropped on.

Speaking of 2012, I caught something I didn't notice in that movie before.

About 45 seconds in. The lady's cart has a bag of Tim's Hawaiian BBQ Chips in it- AKA the best BBQ chips on the market.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Fresnel

Wrong coast, wrong city. I had the rare good fortune to talk to Larry Niven across a round table about that and other L.A. centric short stories he wrote back in the day.

He wrote a similar survival short story called "Inconstant Moon" about a solar flair triggered event which caused a tidal reaction that flooded the West coast (as well as flattened the other side of the planet).

Sadly we all know now that any seismic triggered event would not generate a surfable wave. It would look more like a 400 foot tall version of the Xmas tsunami videos we saw from Indonesia years back. A wall of foam and anything picked up along the way.

Still makes for a nice mental image.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces