Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Left out...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like Kingdom Hearts?
  Yes, it had a brilliant storyline, how dare you say otherwise! I hate you and shall smite thee with my keyblade!
  No, it was too strange.
  What is this "Kingdom Hearts" you speak of?
  Chuck Norris.
  M-I-C ♪ K-E-Y♪ M-O-U-S-E♫... Huh? you were saying something?
View Results

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 pm
I feel a bit unusual here because I'm not into the more recent final fantasy games, I've only played FF 1, 2, 3, 4, and Kingdom Hearts 2 and liked 1,2,3, and 4. I watched my brothers play some of the other ones like FF7 but haven't played them because either they wouldn't let me or I didn't get the fighting system. Kingdom Hearts 2 was downright strange (Oh no, somebody died and it's sad! Oh wait they aren't dead, just lost. Oh look Disney characters.) but I liked the battle system where you can just hack into your enemies. I skipped through a lot of the cutscenes. (This really annoyed my brothers (: ) How many other people here have played the older ones and not the 7-13 anyway?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:11 pm
I've played a few of the older ones - I, II, and V. I actually really liked II, but thought I was kinda average and never finished V.

I think there's a few other members around who've played the older games, though.  

ArikaiHart

MythicalRealism

Romantic Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:19 pm
I've played IV and want to get my hands on VI  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 pm
I played them all but Final Fantasy IV,IV the after years and VI are my favorites I can play them over and over.  

l Sailor Cancer l

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 pm
I have not played IV the after years, it looks fun too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:31 pm
I've played all of the older ones, but I haven't beaten any of them yet, unfortunately. confused I'm close in III, and I've gotten a good ways into the original (thanks very much to Verizon User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.), but any progress I've made on the others is long since lost, alas.... My favorite of them was V, probably, but I need to give VI another shot to really decide.

I don't know how much you know much about it, but I'd suggest you try IX. It's my absolute favorite, and it was made as a bit of a throwback to the older games, so the battle system is closer to them, and it uses a lot of the older themes.

As for Kingdom Hearts... well, it'll be tougher to understand if you haven't played the original, of course, but I won't argue that it is a bit strange nevertheless. I personally love the series, despite any plotholes, though.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:32 pm
Ravenwolf
I've played all of the older ones, but I haven't beaten any of them yet, unfortunately. confused I'm close in III, and I've gotten a good ways into the original (thanks very much to Verizon User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.), but any progress I've made on the others is long since lost, alas.... My favorite of them was V, probably, but I need to give VI another shot to really decide.

I don't know how much you know much about it, but I'd suggest you try IX. It's my absolute favorite, and it was made as a bit of a throwback to the older games, so the battle system is closer to them, and it uses a lot of the older themes.

As for Kingdom Hearts... well, it'll be tougher to understand if you haven't played the original, of course, but I won't argue that it is a bit strange nevertheless. I personally love the series, despite any plotholes, though.
My brothers have Final Fantasy 9, they just wouldn't let me play it. then they lent it out to a friend. (sigh)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm
I've played most of the Final Fantasies except the online only ones. And i like the new ones but i am a total sucker for the old school games. Final Fantasy IV being my favorite of the series.  

ozxander

Dangerous Vampire

6,475 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
ContrabassClarinetist
Ravenwolf

My brothers have Final Fantasy 9, they just wouldn't let me play it. then they lent it out to a friend. (sigh)

Awww. It's really worth it if you want to get it yourself, though, and if you have a PSP or PS3, it's only $10 on PSN. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games