Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
So, Can you actually practice to see ghosts or anything? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 am
Or is it just a gift someone has?

I was thinking about that just today when the subject 'ghost' was with me and and a friend.

And I know there are all different kinds of ways to sense ghosts. Feel it, hear it, see it, etc.

But why is it that some people can't see them, or feel them. And others can? Some say you just have to be open for such things, but how do you open up?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am
Dianda Panda

I was thinking about that just today when the subject 'ghost' was with me and and a friend.

And I know there are all different kinds of ways to sense ghosts. Feel it, hear it, see it, etc.

But why is it that some people can't see them, or feel them. And others can? Some say you just have to be open for such things, but how do you open up?

I beleive it has to do with the persons willingness to see them.  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:27 am
I think it's a gift- it might be trainable, but I think other senses would be easier to train.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 am
Xaolu
Dianda Panda

How do you mean exactly?  

pompoennetje

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 am
Dianda Panda
Xaolu
Dianda Panda

How do you mean exactly?

I mean, if some one wants intensly to see them, they can see them(or at least think they see them.) I believe to a certain extent that people are born with it but it still needs to be honed. I think not everyone is willing enough to see them even if they say they are.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 am
Xaolu
Dianda Panda
Xaolu
Dianda Panda

How do you mean exactly?

I mean, if some one wants intensly to see them, they can see them(or at least think they see them.) I believe to a certain extent that people are born with it but it still needs to be honed. I think not everyone is willing enough to see them even if they say they are.

My thoughts are similar. I think that a person has to want to see ghosts, and I think they can develop their sight the same way you would for auras or energy fields. I'm pretty good with seeing that kind of stuff, however my guides and I have a no ghost agreement. I have no interest in the dead beyond the possibility of banishing negativity that may linger on behind after a person leaves or dies. So part of my "contract" in working with the divine is no ghosts seen or experienced for me. When I enter an area they have to go. Just saying, if I can work up a no ghost pact, I'm sure someone out there has worked up a pro ghost one.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:39 am
I don't think it has to do with wanting to see it- since some people see them without wanting to.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 am
Esiris
I don't think it has to do with wanting to see it- since some people see them without wanting to.

I'd agree that for some people it's a more natural and intuitive process than for others. Just like some people can probably never see ghosts, auras, energy flows, others probably can see all of that without effort or training.

I don't know though. Maybe viewing energy flow and auras is in no way similar to seeing ghosts. It just seems like the training would be similar since both are about seeing/experiencing something that has no physical body in this world.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 am
Esiris

And I agree that some people can see with out any practice needed, but some people aren't born with that and must acquire this skill through practice. I mean, someone able to see something of that nature isn't born every day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am
Seeing them is easy everyone can see them all you need to do is open your mind too things like this (try & find a fairy flying at night seriosly you can if your their at the right time.)  

iachigostar

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:54 am
iachigostar
Seeing them is easy everyone can see them all you need to do is open your mind too things like this (try & find a fairy flying at night seriosly you can if your their at the right time.)

But isn't that just your mind playing tricks with you?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 am
In my path, ghosts and other apparitions are easier to see with the minds eye, although it takes a little bit of effort to trust that mental insight, and be skeptical and objective about it at the same time.  

Adalyna

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am
Adalyna
In my path, ghosts and other apparitions are easier to see with the minds eye, although it takes a little bit of effort to trust that mental insight, and be skeptical and objective about it at the same time.

Hm, how do you mean exactly?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 am
I"m not sure if you are born to see them or if you can train yourself. I see ghosts, apparitions, fae and the like. I wish i didn't sometimes but it doesn't seem to bother me that much anymore.

Younger i could only see shadows and short glimpses of things, as i got older things became more clear and i began to 'hear' instead of just see.(also this is after a 2-day coma i was in. i can not say for sure if this was the reason that i became more sensitive or not.)

I would like to think you can hone skills to see things. I think it could be possible with the right circumstances. But i have to say there are dangers and risks involved with opening your mind too much to outside 'spirits' and such.  

kasai_angel

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:06 pm
kasai_angel
I"m not sure if you are born to see them or if you can train yourself. I see ghosts, apparitions, fae and the like. I wish i didn't sometimes but it doesn't seem to bother me that much anymore.

Younger i could only see shadows and short glimpses of things, as i got older things became more clear and i began to 'hear' instead of just see.(also this is after a 2-day coma i was in. i can not say for sure if this was the reason that i became more sensitive or not.)

I would like to think you can hone skills to see things. I think it could be possible with the right circumstances. But i have to say there are dangers and risks involved with opening your mind too much to outside 'spirits' and such.

I think hearing is horrible, but feeling is the worst. Especially when it comes off of a really heinous person. Like I've met people that I just couldn't stay in the room around because their depravity just rolls of them in waves. I've seen some really crazy things though. I don't thik I'll talk about those. Cause honestly I think I might just be going crazy sometimes.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games