Welcome to Gaia! ::

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Back to Guilds

Discuss books, poetry and the craft of writing 

Tags: reading, writing, writers, poetry, books 

Reply Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?
Introduce yourself Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thorns and Spices
Captain

Familiar Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 pm
Hello all. Pull up an armchair and Jeeves will pour you a glass of cognac. Won't you, Jeeves? Thank you. So kind. Give Bertie our love, would you?

Do introduce yourself, sir or madam or undetermined!

[b]Preferred Moniker:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Authors Dear to Mine Heart:[/b]
[b]Writing Interests:[/b]
[b]Other Personal Details of Note:[/b]

How good to meet you! Yes indeed!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 pm
Preferred Moniker: Thorns is fine, as is Spices. Those who know me will use my main account's nickname, San.
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Pratchett, Poe, Lovecraft, Nabokov, Baudelaire, Longfellow, Chandler, Gorey.
Writing Interests: Poetry, short stories and novels. All my poetry of note has meter.
Other Personal Details of Note: I appreciate art. I live in New Zealand. I am a practicing Pagan, Heathen and witch.  

Thorns and Spices
Captain

Familiar Hunter

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm
Preferred Moniker: sweet
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Jacqueline Carey, Sara Douglass, David Eddings (but I can read almost anything if it's got a decent plot).
Writing Interests: poetry and fiction  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm
Preferred Moniker: Horses
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Rick Riordan, Aristophanes, Sophocles, Homer, Euripedes, Shakespeare, Mary Oliver, Rachel Carson, Edgar Allan Poe, Tamora Pierce, J.R.R Tolkien, Lewis Carroll, and Marguerite Henry.
Writing Interests: Poerty, short stories, and novels.
Other Personal Details of Note: A good portion of my work is based off of dreams I have had. I am also a photographer.  

HorsesOfTheNight

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm
Preferred Moniker:Robert or Robbie
Authors Dear to Mine Heart:Timothy Zahn, Aldous Huxley, Flannery O'Conner
Writing Interests:Novels, short stories, exegesis, poems, prose
Other Personal Details of Note:I am a big anime and super sentia fan. I am also a big fan of the Mega Man and Mega Man X series.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm
αℓωαуѕ ωαи∂єяιиg,
αℓωαуѕ α ℓιттℓє ℓσѕт...

Preferred Moniker: Blue/Ever
Authors Dear to Mine Heart:So many...Madeline L'Engle, Cs Lewis, JRR Tolkien, James Patterson (though more for his kids book...), Shannon Hale, John Eldredge, Rick Riordan, Alison Croggan, Sylvia Engdahl, Nancy Farmer...
Writing Interests:Poetry, and some stories, though I lose interest in those quickly.
Other Personal Details of Note:I'm a Christian, I love anime, and I have an amazing profile which will eventually collapse into a blackhole because of all the things I add to it. I think it's around 50 pages with the pictures. 3nodding

ωιℓℓ ι єνєя ¢σмє нσмє?

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Preferred Moniker:Garrett
Authors Dear to Mine Heart:Riordan, Cornish, Douglass, Lackey, Sesler, and many others who's name currently escape me.
Writing Interests:Novels, novelas
Other Personal Details of Note:I'm a cosmetologist and I enjoy many different forms of art. I'm also an Eclectic Neo-Pagan and a witch.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:38 am
Preferred Moniker: Phantom
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Richelle Mead, Jane Austen, Poppy Z. Brite, Glen Cook, R.A Salvatore, Laurel K. Hamilton, and many many more.
Writing Interests: Novels.
Other Personal Details of Note: I'm a soon-to-be mom. Most of my writings come from dreams I've had, or stories I think of every single day. I haven't wrote for a long time and I'm just now starting to get back into it.

PhantomDream

Chatty Bookworm

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 am
Preferred Moniker: Shea or Shearaha
Age: 26? I stopped counting after 21, and I don't feel like doing the math xp
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Wow, J.R.R. Tolkien, Mercedes Lackey, Christen Feehan (she makes me laugh) Edger Allen Poe, Shakespeare, Tamora Pierce. And others, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank sweatdrop
Writing Interests: I haven't personally written anything in years. I used to write short stories, I'd like to start doing it again really.
Other Personal Details of Note: Eclectic Neo-Pagan and Energy Worker.
I'm an RVT working in medical research. I'm married and have too many cats. I love mice and goats and hope to be able to breed both someday, if we manage to get the space and I have the time and money outside of my job to do so.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm
Preferred Moniker: Neb
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Orson Scott Card, Tolkien
Writing Interests: Science Fantasy novels
Other Personal Details of Note: Last year of college!  

Nebulance

Tipsy Reveler

Punkin Avis

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 pm
Preferred Moniker: Punkin
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Eddings, Diane Wynn Jones, Pratchet, Austen, Dickens, Charlottee Bronte....
Writing Interests: Generally Fantasy/Scifi and Essays
Other Personal Details of Note: I love to knit, I work a full time job and I own over 300 books....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am
User Image

Preferred Moniker: Renkon or just Ren

Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Tolkien heart , Bishop, LeGuin, Zhaan, Orczy, Heinlein, and many many more...

Writing Interests: I mostly really really bad angst drama in sci-fi or fantasy type settings. What I'd really like to write is a nice space epic on the scale of LotR (but in space!), however, I just can't pry my stupid focus away from my characters long enough to show the reader the big picture. I'm a character-driven author and I want to be a story-driven author (or at least find a nice balance between the two). Blah!

Other Personal Details of Note: I write allot, I mean ALLOT! But you will never see any of my original work posted where it can be read. I am convinced that everything I create is crap and so I refuse to let it see the light of day. I do, however, post my fan fictions. Yes, they are also utter crap, but I don't care about people seeing them or not because fan fiction is held to lower standards than original fiction and so I kinda... shout my fics from the roof tops...
RenkonNairu on ff.n

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

The Lovely Misfortune

Invisible Informer

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Preferred Moniker: Felicia
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Grant, MacHale, King, Clements, Colfer...
Writing Interests: All kinds. Nothing really specific except I hate really slow books. It had to be a suggestion to push me to read on.
Other Personal Details of Note: I love to Read, Write, and draw. I own ALOT of books...:]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm
Preferred Moniker: A lot of folks call me Talavar, but Tally works just fine.

Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Stephen King, Poe, Lovecraft, Blackwood, Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, Dan Simmons, Clive Barker, and plenty of others.

Writing Interests: If you can't tell by the authors I listed up there, I love a good horror story. But let me be clear: I love a good horror story. I think the horror genre can bring out both the worst in people and the best in people, and there's a lot of untapped potential when it comes to scaring folks. Still, horror isn't the only thing I like to work with. Comedy, and even superhero stories appeal to me, so naturally, writing that sort of thing is up my alley too. All that said, the characters are as important to me as the stories are.

Other Personal Details of Note: Ask anyone that knows me from around the Supernatural forum, and they'll tell you the same thing: I know a lot about vampires. Maybe even too much.  

Saint Talavar

Raver Zephyr

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:44 pm
Preferred Moniker: Elias
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Rick Riordan, Darren Shan, any other equally insane people.
Writing Interests: GREEK MYTHOLOGY!!
Other Personal Details of Note: I'm normal. I have family members I've only recently heard about, I'm ambidextrous, double-jointed, my mom is an ex-model, I own a cat that acts like a dog, and a dog that sits on the couch to eat. Normal.  
Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff